Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone,

Do you think the new 2ds xl will be hackable at launch ?
Yes
image.jpg

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...here's an interesting bit...I went through Plailect's amazing guide (humble thanks!) and before I did that I had a brand new, 11.2FW N3DS. Well I followed the guide letter by letter, taking my extreme and cautious time. At some point, early in the guide (Finalizing Setup) it tells me to update via system settings (:O!) and I thought it was weird but I honestly don't know anything compared to the writer. Well I was wondering, did I make a mistake that I am unaware of updating like that? I mean I'm now at 11.5 from 11.2 earlier (...from before softmodding my N3DS) and I was wondering if some of you here actually "stay" as your older official FW while softmodding if that makes sense. See the way I figured was that, you stay at your default or beginning FW (11.2 in my case), you then update using softmod apps, etc. Any clarity would help and thanks you guys.

I am thinking that Swiftloke's 11.4 Downgrade topic has, in some way, answered my question or concern lol....not too sure though.

Last edited by Gamelogic,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't the console released on 28th? How do you have it already
It got released 15th of June in Australia and New Zealand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm...here's an interesting bit...I went through Plailect's amazing guide (humble thanks!) and before I did that I had a brand new, 11.2FW N3DS. Well I followed the guide letter by letter, taking my extreme and cautious time. At some point, early in the guide (Finalizing Setup) it tells me to update via system settings (:O!) and I thought it was weird but I honestly don't know anything compared to the writer. Well I was wondering, did I make a mistake that I am unaware of updating like that? I mean I'm now at 11.5 from 11.2 earlier (...from before softmodding my N3DS) and I was wondering if some of you here actually "stay" as your older official FW while softmodding if that makes sense. See the way I figured was that, you stay at your default or beginning FW (11.2 in my case), you then update using softmod apps, etc. Any clarity would help and thanks you guys.

I am thinking that Swiftloke's 11.4 Downgrade topic has, in some way, answered my question or concern lol....not too sure though.
There's no reason to stay on a lower firmware version if you have CFW.

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It got released 15th of June in Australia and New Zealand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's no reason to stay on a lower firmware version if you have CFW.

You know, that 'clicked' about a min ago as I was reading about the whole softmodding know-how on other parts of the forum, thanks a ton. Makes perfect sense.

Here's another question while I'm at it, is there anything special regarding the installation of uncensored .cia's? I've just run into an error with FBI and I searched up some topics and found a couple of good old topics that may be relevant to my issue. Either the .cia was corrupt via downloading or something to do with it being uncensored? Not sure but thanks anyway.

Last edited by Gamelogic,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Izeman

alucard_xs

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Are you going to bake yourself a cake?