• Views 4,476,487
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Jamezwithaz15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm on 11.3 firm US On a 2ds Soundhax with fully updated luma, fbi and boot9strapper and I Just got pokebank to find that I need to setup An NNID to use it.

If I update my 2ds right now to 11.4 will I be screwed over? Is it possible for me to get an NNID any other way? What can I do to keep all my homebrew and get my NNID? (sorry kinda a 3 parter)

Last edited by Jamezwithaz15,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I'm on 11.3 firm US On a 2ds Soundhax with fully updated luma, fbi and boot9strapper and I Just got pokebank to find that I need to setup An NNID to use it.

If I update my 2ds right now to 11.4 will I be screwed over? Is it possible for me to get an NNID any other way? What can I do to keep all my homebrew and get my NNID? (sorry kinda a 3 parter)
You can safely update

Reactions: Jamezwithaz15

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have to go out now, I will try this later and hope that it works then. Thank you very much for your help, I will let you know what happened after inserting this file. :)
You can find the aeskeydb.bin on the 3DS Guide. It's one of the files. It goes in the files9 folder, but it'll still work on the root.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it goes in the boot9strap folder :-p
I think that's for installation. I think d0k3 said something about getting rid of the key requirement, but I haven't kept up. It used to go in files9 since that's where D9 and H9 looked for it first. Not sure where GM9 looks for it first.
  • Get good versions of aeskeydb.bin, seeddb.bin and encTitlekeys.bin from somewhere (don't ask me!) and put these three files into sd:/ or sd:/files9 (optional but recommended for full functionality).

Reactions: Quantumcat

zandramas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, for start i would like to admit, that im total noob and newbie.
i have read a lot articles, i own new 3ds xl, with firmware 11.4.0-37E. I wanted to do some stuff called homebrew throught Soundhax, but i got message, could not play, than i read its fixed? So anyone can help me whats best for me to get free games, custom themes etc...Should i hack it somehow??(can you pls show me a direction?) or should i get sky3ds+?? I would like to also play online without getting banned.
Thanks for answers and for help

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello, for start i would like to admit, that im total noob and newbie.
i have read a lot articles, i own new 3ds xl, with firmware 11.4.0-37E. I wanted to do some stuff called homebrew throught Soundhax, but i got message, could not play, than i read its fixed? So anyone can help me whats best for me to get free games, custom themes etc...Should i hack it somehow??(can you pls show me a direction?) or should i get sky3ds+?? I would like to also play online without getting banned.
Thanks for answers and for help
Have a look at https://3ds.guide Because you're already on 11.4 you'll need another 3ds or hardmod. There'll also be a method that only requires a ds flashcard.

zandramas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a look at https://3ds.guide Because you're already on 11.4 you'll need another 3ds or hardmod. There'll also be a method that only requires a ds flashcard.
i looked there, from that page i tryed the Soundhax. i bought the device with this firm. allready. Hardmode, it sounds like i need someone to dpéo it for me...dont own another 3ds, so i guess the sky3ds+ with sky dock is best solution for me??
thanks in advance

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i looked there, from that page i tryed the Soundhax. i bought the device with this firm. allready. Hardmode, it sounds like i need someone to dpéo it for me...dont own another 3ds, so i guess the sky3ds+ with sky dock is best solution for me??
thanks in advance
I would wait a while for ntrboothax to be ready. It'll be a lot cheaper than buying a Sky3ds.

zandramas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you, hard to get into new stuff, when theres a lot of diff. toons and options.
i will wait then. any chance you got an idea about how long will it take?:)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
thank you, hard to get into new stuff, when theres a lot of diff. toons and options.
i will wait then. any chance you got an idea about how long will it take?:)
Hopefully soon[emoji769] They are trying to make it work with more flashcards before release. I won't rush into buying anything before release though because there is always the possibility of someone finding a free method.

gina4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, i want to buy 2 2DS systems, but one of them is on 11.4.

will i be able to play zelda tri force heroes with the source 2ds and the target 2ds when getting homebrew via dsiware method?
the problem is that the nnid will be the same for both systems. so is there a way to keep homebrew on both devices and get 2 nnids? i dont know much of ds hacking and its a bit hard to find answers to these questions if not asked directly.

Ojipockle

Trophies
XP
Country
This is really the most noob thing...

I bought a used 3DS from someone who never used it much. It wasn't updated so it was still on version 1.0. Since (correct me if I'm wrong) updating it the normal way would make it currently impossible to hack from scratch, I went ahead and updated it from a game cart.

I then went through the steps as explained in 3ds.guide. The soundhax m4a file was just not working at all. I tried many times and all I got was a message saying the file couldn't be played.

After doing some research, it seems like updating from a game card won't update your sound player and the v.1 player isn't compatible with soundhax. I saw that here: https://github.com/nedwill/soundhax/issues/13

Browserhax is out of the question too it seems, I'm updated to a version LOWER than 9.9 but trying to open the browser tells me to connect to the Internet to update.

Am I stuck? Is there something else I can do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission