XP
Country
United States
  1. Use the (A) button and the D-Pad to turn on the following:
    • “Autoboot SysNAND”
    • “Use SysNAND FIRM if booting with R”
    • “Show NAND or user string in System Settings”
  2. Press (Start) to save and reboot
That fixed it :) any updates I should do since last August?

CoNzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason to update arm9? isnt it updated through the luma 3DS app?

also is there a reason to update the homebrew launcher?(i saw a post on another site of someone asking how to update) and if i should update is it just as simple as dragging and dropping?

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Thinking of getting a New Nintendo 3DS XL, which firmware should I look out for? Will also buy a Gateway 3DS cart with it. What CFW is also compatible?

Or is there a better method? Haven't kept up with any updates on the scene for years since I last had a Nintendo DS Lite.

Thanks for any answers.

Last edited by Firewarrior,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Thinking of getting a New Nintendo 3DS XL, which firmware should I look out for? Will also buy a Gateway 3DS cart with it.

Or is there a better method? Haven't kept up with any updates on the scene for years since I last had a Nintendo DS Lite.

Thanks for any answers.
Get one that 11.3.0-36 or lower. No new consoles come with 11.4 so you should be good on that. I would not recommend buying a Gateway, but instead following http://3ds.guide when you get your system. Find the games you want in .cia format, and after you finish the guide, you can install them to your system. After following 3ds.guide, Gateway can and will wipe out what you just installed. You can get it if you want, but be warned.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Firewarrior

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a reason to update arm9? isnt it updated through the luma 3DS app?

also is there a reason to update the homebrew launcher?(i saw a post on another site of someone asking how to update) and if i should update is it just as simple as dragging and dropping?
Arm9loaderhax is not updated through LumaUpdater - funnily enough only Luma is updated that way. There's no need to update arm9loaderhax unless the version you have is so old that CTR NAND loading is not supported and that's something you want. Https://3ds.guide/updating-a9lh

You'll need to get the latest homebrew launcher cia if you want to use the homebrew launcher on 11.4. It might not work even after updating the cia, you may need to do other things.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok sweet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not to be a nag...but are u 100% sure cuz i dont wanna risk bricking either system
Yes. And system transfers can't brick anything, it's an official Nintendo process.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Tobestik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'd like to ask a question about troubleshooting my installation on my 11.3 N3DS. I'm currently on the step in the guide where i have to load the arm9loaderhax installer through the browser. When I put the address in and press select the screen freezes and I am unable to continue. I tried waiting for a couple of seconds to see if the installation continued but when I press any button nothing happens. I have all the files in their correct places so I don't understand what's going on. Also I have tried clearing the data on the browser and retrying this step multiple time to no avail.

Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I'd like to ask a question about troubleshooting my installation on my 11.3 N3DS. I'm currently on the step in the guide where i have to load the arm9loaderhax installer through the browser. When I put the address in and press select the screen freezes and I am unable to continue. I tried waiting for a couple of seconds to see if the installation continued but when I press any button nothing happens. I have all the files in their correct places so I don't understand what's going on. Also I have tried clearing the data on the browser and retrying this step multiple time to no avail.

Thanks.
  • Double check you have file extensions enabled so you don't have anything called .bin.bin etc.
  • Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32 not exFAT.
  • Delete history and cookies before trying again
  • Use a mobile hotspot instead of whatever wireless you're using now.
  • If the above doesn't help, take a pic of your SD card contents, root and a9lh folder, and we can help you find your mistake.

Tobestik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Double check you have file extensions enabled so you don't have anything called .bin.bin etc.
  • Make sure your SD card is formatted as FAT32 not exFAT.
  • Delete history and cookies before trying again
  • Use a mobile hotspot instead of whatever wireless you're using now.
  • If the above doesn't help, take a pic of your SD card contents, root and a9lh folder, and we can help you find your mistake.
Ok, so I tried the steps that you suggested, cleared all the browsing data, made a mobile hotspot, and yet that didn't solve anything. I attached pictures of the root and a9lh folder. I'm using the loader from the luma zip so I no that's not the issue. I should also mention that my 3ds screen is glitching out like crazy - flashing colors and such but operates fine otherwise.

nqofr.jpg

ka2p8p.jpg

Last edited by Tobestik,

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Get one that 11.3.0-36 or lower. No new consoles come with 11.4 so you should be good on that. I would not recommend buying a Gateway, but instead following http://3ds.guide when you get your system. Find the games you want in .cia format, and after you finish the guide, you can install them to your system. After following 3ds.guide, Gateway can and will wipe out what you just installed. You can get it if you want, but be warned.
That guide looks great.

So there's no need to bother with a flashcart?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That guide looks great.

So there's no need to bother with a flashcart?
In my opinion, I don't see the point. Some people like Gateway for the better cheat options and easy drag/drop/play that it has, but I don't see the appeal, especially since it hasn't been updated to support 11.3 or 11.4. You would need a system of 11.2 or lower for it to not wipe out a9lh (what 3ds.guide installs).

DS games, however, will need a flashcard.

ISO-Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion, I don't see the point. Some people like Gateway for the better cheat options and easy drag/drop/play that it has, but I don't see the appeal, especially since it hasn't been updated to support 11.3 or 11.4. You would need a system of 11.2 or lower for it to not wipe out a9lh (what 3ds.guide installs).

I got the r4isdhc R4 3DS SDHC for my son. It seems to work great and at $15 shipped :)

*** For DS Games ***

Last edited by ISO-Man,

Firewarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Are there any flashcards that would support 11.3? Or just wait until one does?

Cheat function would be useful sometimes for extremely grind heavy games.

Thanks for all the answers by the way.

I got the r4isdhc R4 3DS SDHC for my son. It seems to work great and at $15 shipped :)

*** For DS Games ***
Does this flashcart wipe the 3ds.guide 11.3 a9lh setup?

Thanks too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1