Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to make some CPS-1 games run at near full speed on a 2DS? The nightly retroarch I have tried is still quite slow. Guessing I need an N3DS?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to make some CPS-1 games run at near full speed on a 2DS? The nightly retroarch I have tried is still quite slow. Guessing I need an N3DS?

O3ds/2ds will never run ps at full speed or even close. If you really want to run these, you need a n3ds.

Honestly it's better to just get a psp or play on your computer though.

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried that Ninty won't transfer it because I have Four Swords and Fieldrunners, among other things, on my NNID. Also, it turns out I got the error code wrong; it's actually 022-2634. Same thing?

I already formatted my emuNAND with Tinyformat and linked another NNID to it. I can access eShop just fine on emuNAND with the throwaway NNID.

Last edited by LittleXiao,

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen this? https://gbatemp.net/threads/safehax-11-1-2-downgrade-without-dsiware.455456/

Those won't even be necessary very soon.
I don't need those games to downgrade as I have A9LH. I just had Four Swords beforehand and bought Fieldrunners just in case. My concern is that Ninty won't transfer my ID because I have those games. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my NNID up and running again. Will it help if I format sysNAND via system settings, re-link, and then restore a backup? I can access eShop just fine on emuNAND, which has already been formatted with Tinyformat and linked to a throwaway NNID.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need those games to downgrade as I have A9LH. I just had Four Swords beforehand and bought Fieldrunners just in case. My concern is that Ninty won't transfer my ID because I have those games. I'm just trying to figure out how to get my NNID up and running again. Will it help if I format sysNAND via system settings, re-link, and then restore a backup? I can access eShop just fine on emuNAND, which has already been formatted with Tinyformat and linked to a throwaway NNID.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Nintendo wouldn't relink nnids that were formatted.

I'm not super knowledgeable, but I think you're gonna get ahold of Nintendo to work this out.

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Nintendo wouldn't relink nnids that were formatted.

I'm not super knowledgeable, but I think you're gonna get ahold of Nintendo to work this out.
I think the problem is that, since I formatted EmuNAND in Tinyformat, my NNID is technically linked to two "systems". I honestly don't know what to do from here. If I format sysNAND, my NNID will still be linked to one console (sysNAND backups don't also change the 3ds/numbers/numbers folder, do they?), and that's if it will accept a backup from "another system". I might also try restoring my sysNAND backup to my emuNAND and formatting it from there, but since emuNAND was already formatted, I'm not sure that will work either. I'm not sure if NAND backups contain NNID info, either. Any ideas?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is that, since I formatted EmuNAND in Tinyformat, my NNID is technically linked to two "systems". I honestly don't know what to do from here. If I format sysNAND, my NNID will still be linked to one console (sysNAND backups don't also change the 3ds/numbers/numbers folder, do they?), and that's if it will accept a backup from "another system". I might also try restoring my sysNAND backup to my emuNAND and formatting it from there, but since emuNAND was already formatted, I'm not sure that will work either. I'm not sure if NAND backups contain NNID info, either. Any ideas?

Nand backups do contain nnid info. But I don't know enough about this to definitively help you. Sorry :/

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also wondering if it would be a good idea to unlink my NNID via NNID config in System Settings, then restore my NAND backup. My backup has my NNID linked to it. I haven't tried it because I'm kind of scared, but do you think it's worth a shot? Thanks for your help.
I've thought of a few possible routes I might take. There's no guarantee any of them will work, but:
1. Format sysNAND in system settings, then re-link NNID and restore backup. If re-linking NNID doesn't work, well... I'm fricked.
2. Unlink NNID in NNID config, then restore backup right away.
3. Unlink NNID in NNID config, then attempt to re-link NNID. If it works, restore backup.
Would any of them probably work?

Last edited by LittleXiao,

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to make a custom theme for 3ds? I found one tutorial in the tutorials section but its from early 2015. Are there any more up-to-date tutorials or better applications to use?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am worried...

I read in another thread that using Gateway can lose/erase A9LH. I followed the Palect guide to install A9LH and Luma, but later removed my EmuNAND because someone in another thread a while back said EmuNAND is no longer needed with a A9LH/Luma setup. I still use Gateway and I still have A9LH/Luma installed on my N3DS. I am also on FW 11.2 I think. Should I be worried/concerned about losing A9LH? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated... :)

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am worried...

I read in another thread that using Gateway can lose/erase A9LH. I followed the Palect guide to install A9LH and Luma, but later removed my EmuNAND because someone in another thread a while back said EmuNAND is no longer needed with a A9LH/Luma setup. I still use Gateway and I still have A9LH/Luma installed on my N3DS. I am also on FW 11.2 I think. Should I be worried/concerned about losing A9LH? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated... :)

Don't update while in gateway mode, and you're golden

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks :)
Don't update what while in GW mode (System Firmware, Luma, etc)?

When you boot your gw payload, you will be in gw mode. This is the only time you shouldn't update.

If you're in luma sys/emu, you're fine.

Reactions: Skeet1983

LittleXiao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I solved my own problem by re-formatting sysNAND without the SD card inserted, re-linking my NNID (it worked) and then restoring a backup. eShop works fine now, as does Miiverse. Thanks!

Tommy531jed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone link me to a compiled .3dsx fasthax if someone actually tried to do it? I know the risk I'm taking and I'm willing to try it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place