• Likes 43

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I have a question regarding savegame transfer (on the same 3ds) because of the new Pokemon and its Gateway problems.

I have a O3DS firmware 4.3, emunand 11.2, and would prefer not to install a custom firmware.
My main problems are that i don't want to cut possible compatibility with Pokebank, and the microSD card slot of my Gateway is very sensible, so i have to install games rather than play them from the gateway-microSD if i don't want to risk crashes and savegame loss.

I don't have my Pokemon Cartridge yet, but of course i'd like to know how to play it without having to start over after Gateway fixes their compatibility problem.

Here's my plan as of yet:
1. Dump my cartridge with the gateway dump tool
2. Convert it into CIA
3. Install in Gateway mode
--- after Gateway fix---
4. Extract Pokemon-CIA savegame (with JKSM)
5. Uninstall Pokemon-CIA
6. Inject savegame into Pokemon-Cartridge
7. Play in classic mode

As I have not messed with savegames yet I'm not sure if this is even possible, and any confirmation, or guidance how to do it correctly would be nice!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have a question regarding savegame transfer (on the same 3ds) because of the new Pokemon and its Gateway problems.

I have a O3DS firmware 4.3, emunand 11.2, and would prefer not to install a custom firmware.
My main problems are that i don't want to cut possible compatibility with Pokebank, and the microSD card slot of my Gateway is very sensible, so i have to install games rather than play them from the gateway-microSD if i don't want to risk crashes and savegame loss.

I don't have my Pokemon Cartridge yet, but of course i'd like to know how to play it without having to start over after Gateway fixes their compatibility problem.

Here's my plan as of yet:
1. Dump my cartridge with the gateway dump tool
2. Convert it into CIA
3. Install in Gateway mode
--- after Gateway fix---
4. Extract Pokemon-CIA savegame (with JKSM)
5. Uninstall Pokemon-CIA
6. Inject savegame into Pokemon-Cartridge
7. Play in classic mode

As I have not messed with savegames yet I'm not sure if this is even possible, and any confirmation, or guidance how to do it correctly would be nice!
For steps 1-3 you can just install it with freeShop, you don't have to dump and convert it (and anyway Decrypt9 could dump it directly as a CIA). Also, I don't think Sun and Moon is compatible with Gateway (even the original cartridge), you would need Luma.

kopgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a New3ds XL with 9.2 running ReiNand with menuhax. Can I just discard the SD card, and put a new card to install A9LH & Luma? If something goes wrong so I can go back to my ReiNand card?

Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a New3ds XL with 9.2 running ReiNand with menuhax. Can I just discard the SD card, and put a new card to install A9LH & Luma? If something goes wrong so I can go back to my ReiNand card?

Thanks.
Yes, and yes, but only before installing a9lh & updating your system.

Reactions: kopgamer

elMagnate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi, I have an issue with Luma3ds (o3ds 11.2), every time I load a payload, Homebrew channel, or emunand (for example Gateway emunand), my sysnand home screen resets and I have to unpack every game or software (they all appear as new software or presents). All except Pokemon moon, which btw, is the only one that appears on other Emunands (like the Gateway emunand).

how-to-download-the-free-3ds-ambassador-games-20110831083321480.jpg

My main issue is that the presents stop reappearing, my second is that I'd like my software to appear in all nands, not just in sysnand. I don't know why Pokemon moon appears in every nand, and the others do not. Tried loading them with Title Manager (Big Blue Box) in my Gateway emunand, but always got error.

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For steps 1-3 you can just install it with freeShop, you don't have to dump and convert it (and anyway Decrypt9 could dump it directly as a CIA). Also, I don't think Sun and Moon is compatible with Gateway (even the original cartridge), you would need Luma.

This answer just creates new questions for me, while not answering my most important question :(

-Are steps 4-7 (transfering gateway-mode cia save to classic-mode original cartridge save) possible this way?
-don't i need a dump of my own cartridge to securely go online? would freeShop use my private key (or however it is called)
-Can't i use Gateway to dump games even though i can't start them with gateway?
-is freeShop even usabl without CFW (as i don't plan to install any)?

Last edited by Sors,

elMagnate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
This answer just creates new questions for me, while not answering my most important question :(

-Are steps 4-7 (transfering gateway-mode cia save to classic-mode original cartridge save) possible this way?
-don't i need a dump of my own cartridge to securely go online? would freeShop use my private key (or however it is called)
-Can't i use Gateway to dump games even though i can't start them with gateway?
-is freeShop even usabl without CFW (as i don't plan to install any)?
You really should install CFW, with gateway is piss easy and it's all benefits. Gateways is still cool for some other things like gateshark and 3ds roms.

Sors

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You really should install CFW, with gateway is piss easy and it's all benefits. Gateways is still cool for some other things like gateshark and 3ds roms.

I will, but not yet, and not for this problem which should really be not too hard to solve in another way.

Wii CFWs have burned me HARD, and the 3DS CFWs don't even seem to be on that level yet.
As long as I plan to play original cartridges with features that might or might not work out of the Box on CFW I won't go that route.
I bought a Gateway to not have those Problems, which worked quite well for me until Pokemon Sun/Moon

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I will, but not yet, and not for this problem which should really be not too hard to solve in another way.

Wii CFWs have burned me HARD, and the 3DS CFWs don't even seem to be on that level yet.
As long as I plan to play original cartridges with features that might or might not work out of the Box on CFW I won't go that route.
I bought a Gateway to not have those Problems, which worked quite well for me until Pokemon Sun/Moon
Technically, Gateway is a CFW too. With less features and more issues.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

hmr1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can someone enlight me?

I have a old 3ds w/ luma a9lh fully updated

I tried to launch NTR and it says that the firmware isn't compatible, what can I do?

Other doubt... I was banned on the sumo ban wave, did all the unban methods, now when I try to link a new nnid it give me error 022-2452, this means permaban?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone enlight me?

I tried to launch NTR and it says that the firmware isn't compatible, what can I do?

Other doubt... I was banned on the sumo ban wave, did all the unban methods, now when I try to link a new nnid it give me error 022-2452, this means permaban?
Have you tried using BootNTR Selector for the NTR issue?

elMagnate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Have you tried using BootNTR Selector for the NTR issue?

This thing worked for me. If you're intending to use NTR for Pokemon Moon (or any other High memory game) won't work for your old 3ds, so keep that in mind)
Can someone enlight me?

Last edited by elMagnate,

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been away with 3DS scene since I'm content with my 3DS. Just a question: should I update the installed hax on my 3ds? I'm currently on 9.2 Sysnand and 10.2 Emunand with menuhax, ntr, and new RX tools..

Do I need to update to a new hax, and is it also safe to update my Emunand?

btw, I remember dumping my cart using the gateway launcher and converting the .3ds dump to .cia using a PC, is there a new way of dumping your carts?

Sorry for the questions, thanks so much!

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have been away with 3DS scene since I'm content with my 3DS. Just a question: should I update the installed hax on my 3ds? I'm currently on 9.2 Sysnand and 10.2 Emunand with menuhax, ntr, and new RX tools..

Do I need to update to a new hax, and is it also safe to update my Emunand?

btw, I remember dumping my cart using the gateway launcher and converting the .3ds dump to .cia using a PC, is there a new way of dumping your carts?

Sorry for the questions, thanks so much!
Updating EmuNAND is safe. However, even if you don't update to A9LH and Luma, you should replace RXTools with Luma3DS, even if you keep booting through MenuHax.

Reactions: kiryu1

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I got a new, larger SD card, and I currently have an A9LH/Luma setup, could I just transfer everything on the old sd card over without any complications?

Only Sysnand btw, no Emunand involved.

kiryu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Updating EmuNAND is safe. However, even if you don't update to A9LH and Luma, you should replace RXTools with Luma3DS, even if you keep booting through MenuHax.

Thanks, how bout dumping carts? Is gateway launcher still the only option in dumping?

Can you point me to right tut on updating from RX Tools to Luma3DS?

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work