1. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    I'm on my phone right now, but it's a matter of downloading it from the GitHub page and using the boot.3dsx for MenuHax and have the /arm9loaderhax.bin file. Aside from that, you can dump carts into CIAs with Decrypt9.

Sent from my cave of despair where I collect souls

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yes. Simply dump the save from the game installed to the SD and inject it to the cart with a utility such as JKSM.

kiryu1 likes this.
  2. Sors

Sors Advanced Member

Gambia, The
    thx much

3. YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes
    but make sure new SD card is correct format, as 64gb+ have problem with default format.
    FAT 32 something like that.

4. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Canada
    a noobish question : once ive hacked my 3ds , can I switch to a larger sdhc card ? currently using a 4 gb card and would like to use a 32 gb card . thanks

5. grifterb

grifterb Advanced Member
    Newcomer

A noob question: I currently have a black new 3ds xl on firmware 11.0. What are my options exactly? From what I have seen I cannot downgrade in any way. Should I get one of the cards, and if so which one should I get?

6. kiryu1

kiryu1 GBAtemp Regular

Thanks again! no transfering of emuNands required for that right?

I'll check on how can I use dat Decrypt9, it seems that it directly dumps cart to .cia..

I'll also study that JKSM thingy for 3DS..

Cheers!

7. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    EmuNAND is the same for every CFW. Luma will simply boot the same EmuNAND you used with RXTools.

kiryu1 likes this.
  8. zongalito

zongalito GBAtemp Regular

Cote d'Ivoire
    i recently installed luma3ds and arm9 on my 3ds XL USA, but i'm having problems with tomodachi life EUR, i need to install the eur version but if i try to start the game it says that an error has ocurred and i must restart the console, i tried to install the game from FBI or freeshop but got the same result, idk if i should try another installer or what, this didn't happened when i was a gateway user

9. 3dsbeginner

3dsbeginner Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a simple, (very) noob friendly guide/tutorial (video would probably be better if there's a recent one out) for installing just Luma (a9lh's guide seems quite difficult and I'm scared of bricking my 3ds if I do it wrongly) on an o3ds xl? Currently I only have rxtools which is why I'd like to switch, and yeah, just wondering if there's a very simple guide for installing Luma only somewhere. Thanks!

10. MrDorito

MrDorito Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello, I am wondering what "the payload_stage1.bin you're attempting to install is not compatitible" means. After putting the payloads in the "a9lh" folder, I got this error this morning. I've tried delebiles payload, i've tried AuroraWright's payload, both do not work. I am using safea9lhinstaller v2.0.3.
    Thanks in advance.

11. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

United States
    No one will give you a video guide because they get extremely outdated very fast. Just follow Plailect's A9LH guide.

12. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    That is very outdated. Use the latest SafeA9LHInstaller, and AW's A9LH.

13. Firion Hope

Firion Hope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Okay, so I just picked up my new 3ds black friday edition, 11.0. I have a fast SD card in my o3ds and a slow SD card that's currently not doing anything. I want to use the faster SD card in my new 3ds, so I should copy everything from the faster SD card to the slower one and put it in my XL, delete everything off the faster SD card and then put it in my new 3ds, right?

Do I need to do a system format, or format it on windows or anything before I use it to start the cfw guide?

Using O3DSXL SysNAND A9LH +Luma 11.2-U

Last edited by Firion Hope, Dec 1, 2016
  14. JorjLopes

JorjLopes Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Would I be able to use a 200GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC SD Card for arm9loaderhax, for downloading and running CIA files? Would I encounter any slowdowns?

15. Dolei

Dolei Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Hello! um so all I want to know is how to spoof firmware?
    i downgraded my o3ds to 9.2 E, and (I think) I managed to install Luma3DS, but I have no idea what all the NAND stuff means.. basically all I want to do is run pokemon sun. What do?

16. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    if you are on luma cfw and have a9lh installed you can update in system settings and install freeshop to get your game or cart if you bought it.

Dolei likes this.
  17. baqm0

baqm0 Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hi, i have a old 3ds xl with reinand i would like to install another CFW updated to old n3ds what can i do?

18. snakemeat

snakemeat Member

Hi I have an old 3ds on 4.2.0 with Gateway installed. I'd like to try Luma3DS and began following the guide at http://3ds.guide. I was about to start backing up SYSNAND when it occurred to me that there may be some sort of Gateway exploit in there (currently using the Nintendo DS preferences exploit). Seems like I should make sure I back up a "clean" or "fresh" SYSNAND, but I'm not entirely sure.

If this is important, how would I go about cleaning out my SYSNAND? Is my original NAND backup from the original Gateway install good enough? I think it was v6.x.x firmware at the time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

19. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Costa Rica
    3ds.guide

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you installed A9LH, then just update from System Settings

20. Firion Hope

Firion Hope GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So did a system transfer following this https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade using the PC transfer method. now when I power on the new 3ds and I click move dsiware, its saying there's none on the card. What should I do, I definitely clicked move during the process...?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,