• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

earwaxking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold Select on boot and make sure that the version string option in Settings is ticked. Don't update unless you see emu.

To boot into sysNAND you can do what you did or hold the button that makes you boot into sysNAND (you would have chosen this when you set up menuhax).

And yes overwrite anything that you have to, but make a backup of your SD contents before you start in case you change your mind partway through, then it's easier to go back to how you had things.

Thanks man your being very helpful. I do think that I'm gunna go for it and instal a9lh now that i see i dont have to downgrade to 2.1.

I only have one last question. I noticed while reading the tutorial that a9lh does not use emuNAND. So if i make a backup cant i just format my SD card to make things a little easier, as my SD card is still full of crap I dont know about. And emuNAND takes up the whole card.

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat Have you installed the new sd-less a9lh? Do you recommend it?
From the luma thread I've read that it's now stable enough, just that it only works with hourly luma (that isn't deemed as stable yet)
I'm not Quantumcat, but I have installed it on my n3DS. I recommend it if you're worried about your SD card going bad, but otherwise there's no reason.

Reactions: Quantumcat

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks man your being very helpful. I do think that I'm gunna go for it and instal a9lh now that i see i dont have to downgrade to 2.1.

I only have one last question. I noticed while reading the tutorial that a9lh does not use emuNAND. So if i make a backup cant i just format my SD card to make things a little easier, as my SD card is still full of crap I dont know about. And emuNAND takes up the whole card.
You'll have to remove the EmuNAND from the card, use EmuNAND9, for example.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm not Quantumcat, but I have installed it on my n3DS. I recommend it if you're worried about your SD card going bad, but otherwise there's no reason.

Not my sd card, but as an extra safety measure. My adapters do usually go bad though. I'm running out of them.
And a close friend of mine has a problem with his sd port, sometimes it fails to read the card/stops reading it midway through. (only when he takes it out, after it works normally and its not taken out for sometime, it doesn't fail)
And you know, once the SD card fails, 3ds shuts off, so yeah.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Yes, the guide has you do this in the optional section "Move emuNAND" in Part 3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Quantumcat Have you installed the new sd-less a9lh? Do you recommend it?
From the luma thread I've read that it's now stable enough, just that it only works with hourly luma (that isn't deemed as stable yet)
I installed the first one for some friends but I don't have it on my own console. It seemed to work fine! DS mode is broken though apparently (I think fixed on the newer one).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so if I just back up my savedata format the card through pc then use EmuNAND9 I can do that to remove CFW that I have now?
Just leave it, the guide will tell you the right time to remove it. In the meantime if your card is not big enough for the files you need, just temporarily remove the Nintendo 3DS folder (which contains your installed games) and put it back at the end for your games to come back.

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I delete a Nintendo account before installing a9lh or is that something I can do after? Bought a used system that has an account on it. Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How do I delete a Nintendo account before installing a9lh or is that something I can do after? Bought a used system that has an account on it. Thanks
Do a system format. You can do it afterwards.
Better to do it afterwards because after you're updated to the latest version you could go into the eShop and see if they have any redownloadable games. (And upload the titlekeys if they have anything not available on the 3ds titlekeys site)

A.B.C

Trophies
XP
Country
I have EU nds 9,2 with gateway 3,7,1 gwnand 10.4. If I want to install luma and a9lh together which 1 have to install first?

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a system format. You can do it afterwards.
Better to do it afterwards because after you're updated to the latest version you could go into the eShop and see if they have any redownloadable games. (And upload the titlekeys if they have anything not available on the 3ds titlekeys site)

Okay thanks so after installing a9lh I can do a system restore to get rid of the Nintendo account attached to the system? Won't that delete everything on my system though? Such as all contents on my sd, fbi installer, Hb launcher?

branden19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Can anyone plz help me with the FBI injection
I'm following the latest pailect guide 2016 November
I did everything the guide says.
I go to hourglass 9
Go to sysnand options
And dump FBI to hs.app
And then Inject it.
Then reboot
Screenshot_2016-11-02-09-48-23.png
Screenshot_2016-11-02-09-49-28.png

But the health and safety app is still there
As troubleshoot says this happens bcuz of past gateway use.
BUT I NEVER HAD GATEWAY!!!
So the troubleshoot doesn't work for me
I don't have two sets of .app and .tmd
Only one set of them in lower case and another cmd folder
With some cmd file inside I don't know about.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone plz help me with the FBI injection
I'm following the latest pailect guide 2016 November
I did everything the guide says.
I go to hourglass 9
Go to sysnand options
And dump FBI to hs.app
And then Inject it.
Then rebootView attachment 67672View attachment 67673View attachment 67672 View attachment 67673View attachment 67672 View attachment 67673View attachment 67672 View attachment 67672View attachment 67673
But the health and safety app is still there
As troubleshoot says this happens bcuz of past gateway use.
BUT I NEVER HAD GATEWAY!!!
So the troubleshoot doesn't work for me
I don't have two sets of .app and .tmd
Only one set of them in lower case and another cmd folder
With some cmd file inside I don't know about.
Did you update to the latest firmware first? If not, the pre-injected FBI app provided in the guide will not work.
If you did update and it's not working, or if you don't want to update, you can use my tool InjectorHelper.jar to get a working FBI app. Can download from quantumc.at

Reactions: branden19

branden19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Plz help me
I injected the FBI banner app
But now the health safety logo is gone
And whenever I try to enter it just shows a black screen
IMG_20161102_110229.jpg