• Views 4,483,655
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Jmsme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just got a used O3DS XL on version 8.1.0-12U and am trying to use the gateway on it but it has no theme manager for generating the folders on the SD card for menuhax. Additionally browser had doesn't seem to be loading homebrew manager at all. Am I supposed to update to a higher version first? Any solutions?

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've come to the conclusion that Dump to CIA is not dependable at all via Hourglass or Decrypt9WIP, I've tried dumping all of my games and one installs properly (Ocarina of time 3d) however anything else (For example Fire Emblem Awakening or Majoras Mask 3D) I've tried to install via BBM and/or FBI, both come back with an "Invalid argument error" (for FBI) or a "cannot install error" with BBM. I've also tried redumping the carts mentioned to cia erring on the side of "well something could have happened" but every redump yields the same result in both installers.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue but when I googled I couldn't find any instances of this happening to anyone else.

From this I thought I'd go the old fashioned route as I've used it before with great success, however when using decrypt9wip to generate my xorpads I get no xorpads, I get a file called "s" thats about 1gb, I googled around for this issue, someone has had it however there was no solve posted (it was on this forum) and one of the people replying said to just use dump to cia.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to fix either of these issues?

Edit: Added that I have redumped the cartridges with no change in outcome.

Edit2: I'll grab the exact error code from FBI tonight, at work at the moment but wanted to throw this up to see if I could get any answers.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello! Just got a used O3DS XL on version 8.1.0-12U and am trying to use the gateway on it but it has no theme manager for generating the folders on the SD card for menuhax. Additionally browser had doesn't seem to be loading homebrew manager at all. Am I supposed to update to a higher version first? Any solutions?
If you wanted to use Gateway you would have to update to 9.2 but don't. Follow the a9lh guide instead. Https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

DealerDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I'm writing here because I'm a total noob and I'm having some trouble understanding which CFW I should install and if I can install it. If someone can help me out about it I'd really appreciate it!

I have 2 3DS

1 European 3DS on 11.1.0-34E ( but I'd like to update it to the latest firmware in order to play online)
1 European 3DS XL on 9.2.0-20E ( This is my gf's and she never uses it's getting dust in my place)

I'd like to install custom firmwares on both of them so that I can do the followings:

- Extract, backup, ( eventually modify on pc) and send again my 3DS virtual software ( like pokemon yellow) data, so I can have multiple savegames and change them when I want
- Change dates inside the 3DS so that I can access in game events only accessible in x days ( like the ones in pokemo S/M demo)
- Extract my 3DS and DS carts save files
- Install all my retail carts' ROMs ( 3DS and DS) on the SD, so I don't need to take 10 carts around every time I move.

And that's it. I read that I can't run DS Roms on 3DS with firmware 11.0 or more, so I guess I will just do that on the 3DS XL on 9.2.0-20E ( I need to install all my DS pokemon games, I can provide proof that I own them).

What CFW should I install and can I do everything I'd like to do ( that I listed) with that CFW installed? Thanks in advance!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

I'm writing here because I'm a total noob and I'm having some trouble understanding which CFW I should install and if I can install it. If someone can help me out about it I'd really appreciate it!

I have 2 3DS

1 European 3DS on 11.1.0-34E ( but I'd like to update it to the latest firmware in order to play online)
1 European 3DS XL on 9.2.0-20E ( This is my gf's and she never uses it's getting dust in my place)

I'd like to install custom firmwares on both of them so that I can do the followings:

- Extract, backup, ( eventually modify on pc) and send again my 3DS virtual software ( like pokemon yellow) data, so I can have multiple savegames and change them when I want
- Change dates inside the 3DS so that I can access in game events only accessible in x days ( like the ones in pokemo S/M demo)
- Extract my 3DS and DS carts save files
- Install all my retail carts' ROMs ( 3DS and DS) on the SD, so I don't need to take 10 carts around every time I move.

And that's it. I read that I can't run DS Roms on 3DS with firmware 11.0 or more, so I guess I will just do that on the 3DS XL on 9.2.0-20E ( I need to install all my DS pokemon games, I can provide proof that I own them).

What CFW should I install and can I do everything I'd like to do ( that I listed) with that CFW installed? Thanks in advance!
Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki (this is the old address but there is a link to the new one in it)
Do it for the 9.2 console first, then when finished do the 11.x one, you'll see you'll need a hacked console, so you can use the first console for that part.

Edit: I don't know about #1, #2 you can use JKSM, #3 yes but you can't use DS roms on a 3DS (except with a DS flashcart or original cartridges)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

DealerDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki (this is the old address but there is a link to the new one in it)
Do it for the 9.2 console first, then when finished do the 11.x one, you'll see you'll need a hacked console, so you can use the first console for that part.

Edit: I don't know about #1, #2 you can use JKSM, #3 yes but you can't use DS roms on a 3DS (except with a DS flashcart or original cartridges)

Thanks a lot! 2 other quick questions:

1) I may decide to buy a New 3DS XL and I'll definitely want to transfer the data from my 3DS to the New 3DS XL. Can I do it without any trouble even if the old 3DS has a cfw installed and then install cfw on the New 3DS XL as well?
2) Can I play online with my original games and carts on a 3DS without being banned? I used to have a PS3 CFW just for having Linux on it and it was banned eventually. Totally unfair since I did not use any pirated game

Thanks a lot again, this forum is amazing!

VanityFair

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone! I'm new here on the forums. I bought a New 3DS XL in Japan and once back from my journey, I sent it to a guy who flash consoles as a service because I had no idea how to do it. He installed MENUHAX, FBI, etc and my console was working fine with Luma. Recently, I made the mistake of trying to update the FBI by myself to the last version and I deleted the Luma folder from the root of the SD card, replacing it with other Luma folder, following this tutorial:

Now the console boots but it got blackscreen after Luma loading screen no matter how many times I try. I tried downloading the last version of Luma but didn't work neither.

Here's a link of the booting:
Here's a link of my SD root: http://imgur.com/a/N5qvl

Could you guys please help me? If any other info is needed, just tell me.

Thanks a lot!!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot! 2 other quick questions:

1) I may decide to buy a New 3DS XL and I'll definitely want to transfer the data from my 3DS to the New 3DS XL. Can I do it without any trouble even if the old 3DS has a cfw installed and then install cfw on the New 3DS XL as well?
2) Can I play online with my original games and carts on a 3DS without being banned? I used to have a PS3 CFW just for having Linux on it and it was banned eventually. Totally unfair since I did not use any pirated game

Thanks a lot again, this forum is amazing!
1) Install CFW on the New 3DS before transferring - you have to go to the latest version to system transfer, and if the N3DS was not modded yet, you wouldn't be able to.
2) Yep! The only way to be banned is to use 3DS flashcarts online, or, cheat really heavily online (and possibly playing other region games online, but I'm not sure about that). Playing installed games and original carts of your own region online, without cheating, is 100% safe.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the SD card:

I have successfully hacked a 3ds and am installing .cias.

Does the hacked system NEED to have the same SD card or can it be removed and a different one put in?

3vg3n1y_k0t1k

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I have O3DS 11.0.0-33E with Menuhax installed. Can I somehow change my Menuhax to Steelhax on this firmware? And can i use Steelhax do downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 after a hardmod downgrade?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
About the SD card:

I have successfully hacked a 3ds and am installing .cias.

Does the hacked system NEED to have the same SD card or can it be removed and a different one put in?
You can use any SD card, as long as it has arm9loaderhax.bin on it (for a9lh'd consoles). Your data is kept in the Nintendo 3DS folder so if you don't copy that over you lose your games and saves (if not backed up).

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use any SD card, as long as it has arm9loaderhax.bin on it (for a9lh'd consoles). Your data is kept in the Nintendo 3DS folder so if you don't copy that over you lose your games and saves (if not backed up).

Can you delete the .cia files after they've been installed?

NostalgicJustin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Hoping to get some insight here, new to the 3DS hacking scene. I have a N3DS (Mario Bundle) currently at 11.2.0-35, I know I probably updated my firmware where I shouldn't have. I am wanting to definitely run NTR for video capture and to be region free if I am able and would also like to have access to A9LH if possible. A9LH is able to use features like save manager and what not, right? Can it boot 3DS game files from the net? Sorry for sounding like a n00b, I pretty much am when it comes to this stuff.

I'd appreciate any help I can get!

EDIT: The only thing I can find in regards to hacks on 11.2.0-35U is using OoTHax to have access to the Homebrew Channel or something. I am not entirely certain what that would allow me to do. Also, is it FBI I need to run or A9LH?

Last edited by NostalgicJustin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER