• Views 4,475,600
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, i'm at Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax, i tried doing the step ''go to dukes arm11 thing'' but there was a black screen (glitch i think), i turned the 3ds off, and when i turned it back on the screen became ''Luma3ds v6.3.1'', but when i remove the sd the 3ds won't come on, what do i need to do?

Last edited by sliver123,

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i'm at Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax, i tried doing the step ''go to dukes arm11 thing'' but there was a black screen (glitch i think), i turned the 3ds off, and when i turned it back on the screen became ''Luma3ds v6.3.1'', but when i remove the sd the 3ds won't come on, what do i need to do?
You installed A9LH fine then.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But i'm still here http://prntscr.com/csmlrw , how to know if the Arm9loaderhax has been installed? and if i need to try it again, how to get back into the home menu?
Continue with the guide. You've finished this part.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dont know if its the same problem, he recomends following Plailect guide which is the exact guide i followed. inside his luma folder he has some file called "frimware.bin" which i dont haven and cant find it in the luma file i downloaded from that guide's page.

I'll keep looking see what can i do

EDIT: I found this thread: https://gbatemp.net/questions/luma-3ds-cfw-ds-cartridges-wont-boot-hangs-at-black-screen.3437/

And aparently i need to either disable the arm9loaderhax (which im not sure how to, or if the 3DS would keep working if i did) or change the path for said loader by writing a .txt file https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...ng-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager

"Use custom path: If the option is on, you can change the default location of the Luma3DS payload (which is arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD) by typing it in a path.txt file inluma, it must start with a / and not exceed 55 characters"

But i'm aparently writing the path.txt file wrong (im only creating the path.txt and writing /luma/arm9loaderhax.bin inside) since the option is on but the 3DS wont boot if i change the location of the arm9loader.bin

The guide is not very explanatory, any help?
It doesn't have anything to do with DS cartridges. You're interested in cases with high-memory games like monster Hunter and smash.

Dont know if its the same problem, he recomends following Plailect guide which is the exact guide i followed. inside his luma folder he has some file called "frimware.bin" which i dont haven and cant find it in the luma file i downloaded from that guide's page.

I'll keep looking see what can i do

EDIT: I found this thread: https://gbatemp.net/questions/luma-3ds-cfw-ds-cartridges-wont-boot-hangs-at-black-screen.3437/

And aparently i need to either disable the arm9loaderhax (which im not sure how to, or if the 3DS would keep working if i did) or change the path for said loader by writing a .txt file https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...ng-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager

"Use custom path: If the option is on, you can change the default location of the Luma3DS payload (which is arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the SD) by typing it in a path.txt file inluma, it must start with a / and not exceed 55 characters"

But i'm aparently writing the path.txt file wrong (im only creating the path.txt and writing /luma/arm9loaderhax.bin inside) since the option is on but the 3DS wont boot if i change the location of the arm9loader.bin

The guide is not very explanatory, any help?
It doesn't have anything to do with DS cartridges. You're interested in cases with high-memory games like monster Hunter and smash.

Hello guys, i have a 3DS v 11.0. I want to install arm9, FBI, update to 11.1, etc.

Would it be better if i sell my 3DS and buy a new one lower than 11.0, and do the hacking? What would i need with a 3DS in 10.7 or lower to do all this? Any game like cubic?

Thanks guys.
To downgrade your 11.0 3DS you would need a second console anyway. If you get one on 10.7 you can follow https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki. Have a read before you get your console (I think you will need to apply TubeHax DNS before connecting to the vet for the first time if you want to use free hax).

Will you lose the browser when you do a Cart Update or do you still have the same version of the browser?

Example: 4.5-8 > 9.2-8. or 4.5-8 > 9.2-0

Example 2: 4.5-8 > 9.0-8 or 4.5-8 > 9.0-0
You won't lose the browser as long as it's an update below 9.9.

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C

Is the same problem, whatever configuration that is causing Smash to not work properly also causes MH and DS games:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

"GBA/DS games/DSiWare/Smash Bros/Monster Hunter 4 fail to start"

And aparently the solution is to change Luma's path, which is explained in this "guide"

The problem is that i created a path.txt file with the route /luma/arm9loaderhax.bin and is not working, im probably writing the path txt wrong

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is the same problem, whatever configuration that is causing Smash to not work properly also causes MH and DS games:

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

"GBA/DS games/DSiWare/Smash Bros/Monster Hunter 4 fail to start"

And aparently the solution is to change Luma's path, which is explained in this "guide"

The problem is that i created a path.txt file with the route /luma/arm9loaderhax.bin and is not working, im probably writing the path txt wrong
Can you try putting everything back to stock the way the guide tells you to, and delete all extraneous files? Because in the thread I linked before that's what the guy did to make it work again.

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you try putting everything back to stock the way the guide tells you to, and delete all extraneous files? Because in the thread I linked before that's what the guy did to make it work again.

That's the problem, i followed the guide on github (the one he recomended) which includes erasing unnecesary files, i checked and i actually have my luma folder the way he describes it to be, i even went over to the parts on the guide that explain what files to erase and nothing, i'm convinced that the path.txt is the way to solve this but i cant get it to work.

Myshkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

is there a program like f.lux for the 3DS? ie something to decrease colour temp at night to prevent the blue light from keeping you awake?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

is there a program like f.lux for the 3DS? ie something to decrease colour temp at night to prevent the blue light from keeping you awake?
The only thing really close is using ntr cfw to drop the brightness down to 1 (out of 100, so below what home menu normally lets you go) and using power save mode.

Sephios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone, I have a few questions and I don't want to fuck up anything :(

I have a N3ds 11.1.0-34U with LumaCFW, if there's another update (let it be 11.1.0-35U for example) how should I update the console (I mean, if there's a special way to update the console with Luma or something)? or I should not update it?

Is there a thread or guide for LumaCFW? I mean, something like "how to take care of your N3ds with Luma" 'cause I don't wanna brick my console or lose everything I have installed on it.

Thanks!

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a few questions and I don't want to fuck up anything :(

I have a N3ds 11.1.0-34U with LumaCFW, if there's another update (let it be 11.1.0-35U for example) how should I update the console (I mean, if there's a special way to update the console with Luma or something)? or I should not update it?

Is there a thread or guide for LumaCFW? I mean, something like "how to take care of your N3ds with Luma" 'cause I don't wanna brick my console or lose everything I have installed on it.

Thanks!
you just update it as if your 3ds were completely normal and not on CFW. use system settings, choose update. updating luma is something different, you can used the installed cia to do that. even if you did somehow brick your 3ds you have hourglass9 and the BACKUPS you made to restore.

edit:my question was burried, can you create a cia of a gba or gbc color game on the 3ds (to be injected into the vc)?

Last edited by doingitwrong,

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello everyone!

I’m stuck on how to do a (simple?) thing. I’m a noob in this 3DS hacking stuff. I want to install the homebrew launcher and FBI as a channel in the RedNAND CFW.

System details:

N3DS XL (Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Edition)
A9LH (OTP – less installed with safea9lhinstaller 2.5)
Luma 3DS 6.3.1
RedNAND 11.1.0-34 EU
SysNAND 9.2.0-20 EU

I don’t have menuhax installed, so I can’t boot directly with “L” Button into boot.3dsx homebrew launcher. On RedNAND 11.1.0-34 i can’t start browserhax, which was my entrypoint all the time. Now I’m stuck on a RedNAND Luma3DS and don’t know how to start a program :-P

Please give me some input on how to do the last steps to be free ^^

And sorry for my English..

Greetings from Austria

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone!

I’m stuck on how to do a (simple?) thing. I’m a noob in this 3DS hacking stuff. I want to install the homebrew launcher and FBI as a channel in the RedNAND CFW.

System details:

N3DS XL (Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Edition)
A9LH (OTP – less installed with safea9lhinstaller 2.5)
Luma 3DS 6.3.1
RedNAND 11.1.0-34 EU
SysNAND 9.2.0-20 EU

I don’t have menuhax installed, so I can’t boot directly with “L” Button into boot.3dsx homebrew launcher. On RedNAND 11.1.0-34 i can’t start browserhax, which was my entrypoint all the time. Now I’m stuck on a RedNAND Luma3DS and don’t know how to start a program :-P

Please give me some input on how to do the last steps to be free ^^

And sorry for my English..

Greetings from Austria
Install the homebrew launcher cia throught FBI

Last edited by cheuble,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu