• Views 4,482,550
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I now have the issue of having literally no space on my SD card. I assume that I might have multiple system folders somewhere and my nand backup created a new instance or something. Is there a way to get my NAND to access the system folder with all my saves and stuff if my hypothesis is correct?

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked over and over. However, I don't know how to find the answer, and none of the stickied threads really help.

My (N)3DS(XL) is legit so far and has firmware 11.0.0-33U. I would like to know what I can gain from hacking the handheld. I can buy most of the games I want, normally physical copies, so I wouldn't be mainly interested in piracy or backups. Can someone give me a short summary of what can be accomplished, the methods used, and their associated risks?

Dinomite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's right, just stay on the 10.3 firmware once you've set it all up.
Long term, I recommend you ultimately update to 11.1 firmware when you are able to, be it you've finished what you wanna do with Gateway mode, or Gateway update their launcher to support 11.1.

I've just finished following the guides and everything has worked perfectly! Thanks again for your thorough input.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sure this has been asked over and over. However, I don't know how to find the answer, and none of the stickied threads really help.

My (N)3DS(XL) is legit so far and has firmware 11.0.0-33U. I would like to know what I can gain from hacking the handheld. I can buy most of the games I want, normally physical copies, so I wouldn't be mainly interested in piracy or backups. Can someone give me a short summary of what can be accomplished, the methods used, and their associated risks?
On N3DS you can use NTR to stream your gameplay to your PC for twitch etc. And you can access homebrew a lot more easily by installing it as .cia.

However on 11.0 you would need either a hardmod or second, already hacked console to get CFW.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to make a nand backup of my current one. Once it's done, I'll snag the xorpads. Then I'm restoring the sysnand using april's backup.

Edit: I couldn't get the xorpads and once I restored my sysnand to april's backup, I had nothing installed (except for FBI) and the system didn't recognize any save files. At least I have a home menu.
So I now have the issue of having literally no space on my SD card. I assume that I might have multiple system folders somewhere and my nand backup created a new instance or something. Is there a way to get my NAND to access the system folder with all my saves and stuff if my hypothesis is correct?
Since you have a backup of your current nand, try clearing up some space, dump the ctrnand partition from your april nand (use the latest version of decrypt9 for this), inject your broken nand back into sysnand, and then inject the ctrnand partition you dumped.

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS you can use NTR to stream your gameplay to your PC for twitch etc. And you can access homebrew a lot more easily by installing it as .cia.

However on 11.0 you would need either a hardmod or second, already hacked console to get CFW.
Thanks for the answer! I'll keep it the way it is.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have a backup of your current nand, try clearing up some space, dump the ctrnand partition from your april nand (use the latest version of decrypt9 for this), inject your broken nand back into sysnand, and then inject the ctrnand partition you dumped.

Wow! Thank you! However, when I followed your directions, the end result was the same and I couldn't access any save files or anything. I of course have three different nand backups I made in april as I was going through plailect's guide.

Edit: I know at some point, I did a system transfer from an o3ds to the n3ds. Would the nand backup from the o3ds before the system transfer also work?

Last edited by Gregora,

SupaAyshun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I am new to this CFW stuff and I just bought a N3DS to do it on. My N3DS came with version 10.7 and after many hours, I still can't access Homebrew. Browserhax doesn't work since the browser requires me to update my system (I have a dummy browser D: )and I've tried a bunch of things to try to get it to work (Using DNS, entering browser after turning on the N3DS/Wifi). I really don't want to buy a cartridge such as OOT or Cubic Ninja, but I am ready to just go out and buy a Cubic Ninja. There's are a few still in stock in my city.

Does anyone have any suggestions or am I screwed and have to go buy a cartridge to do it?

Thanks!

Edit: I bought Cubic Ninja and got it to work!

Last edited by SupaAyshun,

marc474r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Quantumcat

JayuZmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
bro, help me... i don't know if this is the right place to post... i own a n3ds jp and just starting to CFW using plailect guide...

and i succeed...

but after that, i messed up by deleting the nintendo 3ds folder on my sdcard... (because of that, the fbi-homebrew loader-luma updater goes all blank)

i try to restore from the guide : https://github.com/plailect/guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax) section IV 1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot, etc...

so finally i came to the part when i could install .cia from FBI (via Health&Safety dump), i came across this error :

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code : 0xC8804478
Level : Status (25)
Summary : Not found (4)
Module : FS (17)
Desc : Doesn't exist / Failed to open (120)

can someone help me... thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
bro, help me... i don't know if this is the right place to post... i own a n3ds jp and just starting to CFW using plailect guide...

and i succeed...

but after that, i messed up by deleting the nintendo 3ds folder on my sdcard... (because of that, the fbi-homebrew loader-luma updater goes all blank)

i try to restore from the guide : https://github.com/plailect/guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax) section IV 1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot, etc...

so finally i came to the part when i could install .cia from FBI (via Health&Safety dump), i came across this error :

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code : 0xC8804478
Level : Status (25)
Summary : Not found (4)
Module : FS (17)
Desc : Doesn't exist / Failed to open (120)

can someone help me... thanks
You can't get your Nintendo 3DS folder back by restoring the NAND. For the FBI error, I'm not sure. Can you download it again and make sure it's the same size on your card as the download was?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Thank you! However, when I followed your directions, the end result was the same and I couldn't access any save files or anything. I of course have three different nand backups I made in april as I was going through plailect's guide.

Edit: I know at some point, I did a system transfer from an o3ds to the n3ds. Would the nand backup from the o3ds before the system transfer also work?
No, the o3ds has a completely different nand compared to n3ds. Since none of those worked, I'm not sure if this will work or not as I have never tried it, but you may be able to get your saves back by restoring the original corrupted nand, gather all the encrypted save files from your nintendo 3ds folder, and decrypt them with decrypt9.

D

Deleted User

If it isn't too much trouble for anyone here,can someone help me? I've been studying the a9lh guide for about a week on github and I've stumbled apon a tiny problem.I'm currently trying to figure out what to do for my current setup on step 3,where you transfer your emunand over to the cfw sysnand through arm9loaderhaxs many settings and options.

•I haven't attempted anything yet,I'm still studying and won't decide to switch until after i finnish playing sun and moon which I predict will be somewhere during after march 2017 which will be when I Finnish playing it and all,just so I don't regret bricking if I do for some stupid reason.

My current setup right now is...

•9.2 sysnand

•Gatewayemunand (the emunand that you format to on the go.gateway website)

•Menuhax with the rxtools shortcut (hold L on boot)

•Rxtools cfw

The big question is.....Can I transfer my current emunand to a9lh without having to switch to emunand9 or something else before going through with the decrypt9WIP downgrade?

Help would be appresheated within this great community.

Gregora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the o3ds has a completely different nand compared to n3ds. Since none of those worked, I'm not sure if this will work or not as I have never tried it, but you may be able to get your saves back by restoring the original corrupted nand, gather all the encrypted save files from your nintendo 3ds folder, and decrypt them with decrypt9.

What if I restored the o3ds NAND from before the system transfer, do the system transfer all over again, and then took the ctrNAND from the new transferred NAND and inserted that into my corrupted NAND? I don't know if it would have the same outcome but my thinking was if I could restore the original NAND to my o3DS and then go through the process of system transfer using the o3DS NAND I transferred over back in april, it would have all of the same info and would even look in the same folder/partition as my corrupted NAND. Am I correct in this line of thinking?

screw_ball69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Was just curios is it still safe to update emunand to the latest firmware, I'm on RXTools if it matters at all.
Also is it safe to download dlc from the e-store for .cia games?

froatsnook

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running 4.x sysnand (O3DS) + 9.9 emunand gateway (with MSET). Then I installed A9LH via Plailect's guide. I am now comfortably booting to emunand with luma. I restored 4.x sysnand and it doesn't boot because I didn't copy the firmware.bin, but that's fine -- I don't need sysnand for now. I want gateway to work for real-time cheats.

Onto the question: how do I get gateway to run? I tried putting gateway's arm9loaderhax.bin in /luma/payloads/a_gateway.bin, and I tried putting it the root of my sd card (/arm9loaderhax.bin). I got black screen in both cases. Is it maybe because I need to update sysnand? What version should I update to?

Ideal would be to restore emunand to sysnand and have gateway run in sysnand mode. Is that possible?

If I start gateway mode from /luma/payloads (assuming this is possible), will I have FIRM0/1 write protection?

Or do people use the gateway launcher cia from sysnand? Can that run gateway mode in sysnand?

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

After searching a lot of these forums, I've come to the conclusion that I simply can't find an answer for this myself. I hope one of you can help me out. I've been out of the community for a while, but now that DQVII has popped up I'm eager to reboot. I've got a question regarding FreakyHax. I'm currently running Gateway on my 9.9.0-22E Emunand. My sysnand is 4.5. I've borrowed Freaky Forms from a friend - he told me it is possible to play 3ds games via the Homebrew Channel using FreakyHax (meaning I would no longer need Gateway to emulate 3ds games). He told me it is also possible to do so with the newest firmware update (11.1.0-34). I have no idea how to actually do this, so I have a few questions:

1. Do I need to update my sysnand for this hack to work?
2. If so, can I somehow use my Gateway savefiles in the Homebrew channel, or will I lose all my saved progress?
3. Can someone explain how this hack actually works, and how to install it? What I need is a step for step guide, without too much tech talk... I've checked these forums for such an explanation, but I seriously have no idea where to start.

The thing is, I don't want to mess things up; at this moment I can play some older games just fine, but not the newest ones like DQVII. Also, I can't access the e-shop now without updating my sysnand (or so it seems to me, maybe I'm wrong). I have no problem spending time on getting everything to work, I just want to do it right and I'm not sure how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!