• Views 4,464,327
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to put any files anywhere, in fact you don't even need to take out the SD card :-)
Did you install the latest FBI as per the guide? When you have your cursor over it in the Home Menu, the top screen should show a rotating 3D cube with blue edges and FBI written on it.
If you don't, download FBI.cia from the guide, put it on your SD card, and install it using the FBI injected into your Health & Safety.
Now, open the new FBI, and scroll down the list till you get to "Install with QR code". Select that. A camera will open on the top screen.
Now, point your 3DS at the QR code in the freeShop thread I linked you to so that the QR code is inside the picture on the top screen. It will ask you if you want to install the file it found, say yes.
When it is finished, quit out of FBI and a new app will be wrapped on your HomeMenu. This is freeShop. Open it. Wait for it to finish downloading cache etc.
It will show an error message because there is something you need to do before you can use it for the first time. Go to Settings then the Download tab. There should be a button there saying you can get the url by scanning a QR code. Tap that.
Go to the titlekey database site (use Google) and click on the picture of a QR code in the gree button in the middle at the top of the page. A big QR code will open that fills your screen. Point your console at it so that it fits inside the top screen. This will fill the url into freeShop.
Press Start or Select (I don't remember which) and freeShop will close (if it doesn't, close it yourself).
Open freeShop again, and when it's finished doing its cache etc thing, you'll see that you can download any game you like. Tap the little microscope icon on the top right of the bottom screen to search for a game you want.
When you select a game you want, wither press Y to add it to your download queue right away, or press A to see info about it and screenshots (takes a few seconds to load) then tap the little download button (an arrow pointing down) that's on top of the ganme's icon on the bottom screen, to add it to your download queue.
When the games are finished they'll be little packages on your Home Menu for you to open.

Hope this helps. If any step is unclear please ask.

im not finding any qr code that works for the key part. freeshop is downloaded just as ya said to do through the qr code btw. XD and yes i do have that fbi on this. it came with the a9lh. tyvm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't need to put any files anywhere, in fact you don't even need to take out the SD card :-)
Did you install the latest FBI as per the guide? When you have your cursor over it in the Home Menu, the top screen should show a rotating 3D cube with blue edges and FBI written on it.
If you don't, download FBI.cia from the guide, put it on your SD card, and install it using the FBI injected into your Health & Safety.
Now, open the new FBI, and scroll down the list till you get to "Install with QR code". Select that. A camera will open on the top screen.
Now, point your 3DS at the QR code in the freeShop thread I linked you to so that the QR code is inside the picture on the top screen. It will ask you if you want to install the file it found, say yes.
When it is finished, quit out of FBI and a new app will be wrapped on your HomeMenu. This is freeShop. Open it. Wait for it to finish downloading cache etc.
It will show an error message because there is something you need to do before you can use it for the first time. Go to Settings then the Download tab. There should be a button there saying you can get the url by scanning a QR code. Tap that.
Go to the titlekey database site (use Google) and click on the picture of a QR code in the gree button in the middle at the top of the page. A big QR code will open that fills your screen. Point your console at it so that it fits inside the top screen. This will fill the url into freeShop.
Press Start or Select (I don't remember which) and freeShop will close (if it doesn't, close it yourself).
Open freeShop again, and when it's finished doing its cache etc thing, you'll see that you can download any game you like. Tap the little microscope icon on the top right of the bottom screen to search for a game you want.
When you select a game you want, wither press Y to add it to your download queue right away, or press A to see info about it and screenshots (takes a few seconds to load) then tap the little download button (an arrow pointing down) that's on top of the ganme's icon on the bottom screen, to add it to your download queue.
When the games are finished they'll be little packages on your Home Menu for you to open.

Hope this helps. If any step is unclear please ask.
ok i found the right one and as soon as it was used it automatically crashed. and said something bout rebooting. i hope thats normal

N3ds noob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi. Need some help..
My friend using rxtool 3.0(ver 10.).. but he wanted to changed lum3ds (ver11...)(plailect)
Did i need to do from start step1 (
9.6-10.7) or directly fo step 2?(2.1.0 ctrtransfer)

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not finding any qr code that works for the key part. freeshop is downloaded just as ya said to do through the qr code btw. XD and yes i do have that fbi on this. it came with the a9lh. tyvm

ok i found the right one and as soon as it was used it automatically crashed. and said something bout rebooting. i hope thats normal
yay i got it done. was so wondering after the qr part why it wasnt showing the games after the qr part then reread over the stuff ya said here and said perhaps closing might help. so i did that and here we are. simple and fun. tysm.

ern it froze for some reason looking around

Maybe you should try posting your problem in the freeShop thread instead of asking here. I'm sure the dev would gladly try to help you figure out what's wrong.
tyvm. ive done that. it been figured out i hadnt noticed i had the wrong thread.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi. Need some help..
My friend using rxtool 3.0(ver 10.).. but he wanted to changed lum3ds (ver11...)(plailect)
Did i need to do from start step1 (
9.6-10.7) or directly fo step 2?(2.1.0 ctrtransfer)
Part 1 is just making sure he can get into Decrypt9. If he can get into Decrypt9 he can start from Part 2, otherwise he should look through Part 1.

Do I delete the starthourglass.bin thats in the luma/payloads folder ?
You can leave start_hourglass.bin (if it is called starthourglass.bin it probably will not work but I am not sure as I haven't tried that). You can have as many different payloads as you want (subject to having enough keys to boot each of them).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you made the backup on 4.5, yes. I do have to mention though that dimmidice is correct, and you probably shouldn't do this, but if you want to, nobody can stop you :).

Simply boot into Hourglass9 (hold a certain button on boot probably, not 100% sure as I don't have an a9lh 3ds next to me), then navigate to Sysnand Backup and Restore. You want to restore the first backup you made, before you started a9lh. Here's the relevant documentation on the options, to help you better understand what they do:

Part 1 is just making sure he can get into Decrypt9. If he can get into Decrypt9 he can start from Part 2, otherwise he should look through Part 1.

You can leave start_hourglass.bin (if it is called starthourglass.bin it probably will not work but I am not sure as I haven't tried that). You can have as many different payloads as you want (subject to having enough keys to boot each of them).

Well I downloaded decrypt 9 and put the file in the luma payloads folder but it still boots into the hourglass and when I delete the hourglass file it just boots straight into the home menu:/

sandyp123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After so many tries, my n3ds was finally downgraded to 9.2. How do I play 3ds games now? Sorry for the newbie question. I'm just so confused with so many guides and tutorials

Villanut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those 3 things are normal:
"old3ds nfc system-module version 06145
amiibo settings version 01031
fangate updater version 01026"

Your downgrade went clean.

There's no harm in system formatting. Try it and go on with the part 1 to check you can launch Decrypt9 then go for the part 2 2.1ctrtransfer.
Make sure you're using the right region one for you (EUR for eur, USA for usa, JAP for jap)

Before doing the part 2, move the NANDmin.bin and the NANDmin.bin.sha from the "files9" folder to a folder on your PC so there's none there.
You'll make a new one on step 6.
System formatting again seems to have done the trick,thanks for the help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well I downloaded decrypt 9 and put the file in the luma payloads folder but it still boots into the hourglass and when I delete the hourglass file it just boots straight into the home menu:/
Are you holding the key you named it? Eg if up_D9 then are you holding D-pad up while the console is booting up?

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you holding the key you named it? Eg if up_D9 then are you holding D-pad up while the console is booting up?

Ohhhhhhhhhh I see, no I was still holding start that's why I was booting into hourglass because that's called 'start_hourglass9'

I deleted the hourglass9 bin now and I am out at the moment with no way to get it back onto the ds unless there is a qr code for it somewhere.

I've renamed the decrypt file to start_Decrypt9WIP.bin and held start while powering up but that's not working, it might work when I get the hourglass9file back in there and i'll rename up to up_Decrypt.bin

Ok got back in, I manged to boot into decrypt yay. Just doing a nand restore now but with 'keep a9lh' just to make sure I have the right nand with 4.5fw.

Last edited by selbyftw,

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok the restore is done, it says 'an old unsupported FIRM has been detected. Copy firmware.bin in /luma to boot' I assue this is because my nand backup was actually 4.5, anyone know what I need to do now?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok the restore is done, it says 'an old unsupported FIRM has been detected. Copy firmware.bin in /luma to boot' I assue this is because my nand backup was actually 4.5, anyone know what I need to do now?
Did you use Decrypt9 and not choose the keep a9lh option? You still have a9lh.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

You should try to find things yourself, and READ:

1. If you started Part 1 with a NAND between 4.0.0 and 4.5.0, make sure you have copied the following firmware.bin file to /luma/
    2. New 3DS: firmware.bin (mirror) (mirror)
  1. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you use Decrypt9 and not choose the keep a9lh option? You still have a9lh.

Yeah I chose to keep it this time just to make sure I was restoring to the correct nand. Once I know that nand is correct (4.5fw) I'll do another system restore this time without keeping a9lh and doing a full format of the system and sd card. Is it safe to assume this nand backup is the one that I started on before I did the guide 4.5fw? Anyway to tell? I can't boot into it atm because I have that old unsupported firmware message.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I chose to keep it this time just to make sure I was restoring to the correct nand. Once I know that nand is correct (4.5fw) I'll do another system restore this time without keeping a9lh and doing a full format of the system and sd card. Is it safe to assume this nand backup is the one that I started on before I did the guide 4.5fw? Anyway to tell? I can't boot into it atm because I have that old unsupported firmware message.
Read the part of the guide that @cravas quoted. What do you think?
Why are you even doing this? It's like spending time building a house then just knocking it down before you've even lived there for a day. If you want to sell it to a shop, you could update to the no-SD version. And it is worth more with a9lh when selling to a person.

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should try to find things yourself, and READ:
Sorry and thanks, just a little new to everything, that let me boot into the system and it shows that it is my old firmware on 4.5fw, so now I should be able to do a nand restore and not keep al9h this time right and i'll be back to stock 4.5fw?

No I haven't. Are there any simple guides that I can follow?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This is the most up to date one, It takes a few hours and you have to follow the steps very carefully.

Read the part of the guide that @cravas quoted. What do you think?
Why are you even doing this? It's like spending time building a house then just knocking it down before you've even lived there for a day. If you want to sell it to a shop, you could update to the no-SD version. And it is worth more with a9lh when selling to a person.

I was having really bad system slow downs and trouble with certain apps/icons, I wanted to go back to complete stock and format my system and new card and the install everything fresh with the newest files to fix everything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44