• Views 4,459,412
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a way for me to backup all my tickets so i can later install them again using fbi? so i can get my cia games through a system transfer?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going old -> new.
there's no easy way to dump tickets as far as I know. easiest thing to do would be to save your home menu layout (remove any custom themes first), transfer, and reinstall tickets for games/other titles. you can use that titlekeys site to generate tickets for things you can find.

loismustdie555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a sealed Zelda - Link Between Worlds 3DS XL pretty soon, and I haven't been messing with CFW on anything at all since like mid to early PSP days of CFW. Could someone link me to a detailed walkthrough/guide on how to get it to Luma3ds CFW?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there's no easy way to dump tickets as far as I know. easiest thing to do would be to save your home menu layout (remove any custom themes first), transfer, and reinstall tickets for games/other titles. you can use that titlekeys site to generate tickets for things you can find.

bummer. i found that decrypt9 can dump titlekey things, but it only creates a .bin file. and for one of the dumps, it said it only took 100 keys, ignoring 500 others or something. not sure if that would even be everything... i got about 73 3dsware/dsiware/retail games, some selfdumped, some not. 18-20 homebrew cias like hbl, save manager, sd explorer. so the number could even work out. but i dont really see a way to do anything with it.

the titlekey site would be lacking some games, like things that didn't get an eshop release and homebrew? and I'd have to make a list of everything installed.
...i'm halfway hoping I manage to brick my n3ds so i dont have to make this work again @@

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would a 4GB sd card be ok to use with doing the tutorial to get A9LH? Then upgrade to bigger sd card on a later date? Or is 4GB too small?
It might be enough but keep in mind the NAND backups you have to create.I would suggest you to upgrade before to a larger card just to be safe

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would a 4GB sd card be ok to use with doing the tutorial to get A9LH? Then upgrade to bigger sd card on a later date? Or is 4GB too small?
4gb is enough, but you have to make sure to follow instructions on when to copy things to pc and when to delete nand backups and other files you dont need anymore from the sd card.

that is to say, we're talking about a sd with about 4gb of free space at the moment, right?

it might be a different story if 1.4gb of that were lost to emunand and another 2gb lost to installed games.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
It might be enough but keep in mind the NAND backups you have to create.I would suggest you to upgrade before to a larger card just to be safe
4gb is enough, but you have to make sure to follow instructions on when to copy things to pc and when to delete nand backups and other files you dont need anymore from the sd card.

Thank you :)

Hidend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to do this step 2 times, and i have this error
Part 2 (2.1.0 ctrtransfer)
Instructions
Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)

Auto CTRNand transfer: failed! Checking the hash, should i avoid this step and continue doing the guide or should i repeat this step until it works?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried to do this step 2 times, and i have this error
Part 2 (2.1.0 ctrtransfer)
Instructions
Backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)

Auto CTRNand transfer: failed! Checking the hash, should i avoid this step and continue doing the guide or should i repeat this step until it works?

all these things need to work. you cant progress until you did the ctrnand transfer.

why is this failing to work? did you check if you got all the files on the sd that you should have on the sd? most importantly, the 2.1.0 crtnand transfer.bin and bin.sha files where they should be?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea as @Clydefrosch said 4GB is enough - 4GB would be the minimum needed for the old 5 part method due to the emunand and the backup of it. With the new method 2GB would be enough [if you get it to format correctly as some only like to be fat16]

John Swenson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a sky3ds+ recently, I haven't been able to get it to work. When I put the cartridge in it flashes green once then nothing. I formatted with the correct cluster size and followed all the directions; I have no idea what the problem is please help.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I got a sky3ds+ recently, I haven't been able to get it to work. When I put the cartridge in it flashes green once then nothing. I formatted with the correct cluster size and followed all the directions; I have no idea what the problem is please help.
What does the settings.txt say?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bummer. i found that decrypt9 can dump titlekey things, but it only creates a .bin file. and for one of the dumps, it said it only took 100 keys, ignoring 500 others or something. not sure if that would even be everything... i got about 73 3dsware/dsiware/retail games, some selfdumped, some not. 18-20 homebrew cias like hbl, save manager, sd explorer. so the number could even work out. but i dont really see a way to do anything with it.

the titlekey site would be lacking some games, like things that didn't get an eshop release and homebrew? and I'd have to make a list of everything installed.
...i'm halfway hoping I manage to brick my n3ds so i dont have to make this work again @@

regarding this, supposedly, the print_ticket_keys.py script that comes with all versions of decrypt9 would allow me to look inside the decTitleKeys.bin... but i just cant get it to do anything other than blipping a cmd window for a millisecond. i installed about 9 different versions of python and all of this is so frustrating. why wont it work?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI