• Views 4,516,266
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Hidend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all these things need to work. you cant progress until you did the ctrnand transfer.

why is this failing to work? did you check if you got all the files on the sd that you should have on the sd? most importantly, the 2.1.0 crtnand transfer.bin and bin.sha files where they should be?
Root:
569ba19b8d8dd395eeb24b4b2e164eec.png

files9:
0b0a20210aab03eacd187720bf9a37ec.png

This happens when selecting to dump sysnand to NANDmin.bin, and inside decrypt9, i can select ctrtransfer files, so it should be ok, what can i do to avoid this error, everything is ok, no? And this happens while checking the sha file, as you can see, nand is dumped, so i don't know what can i do. I really need help on this because i can't continue doing the guide, thanks.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Root:
569ba19b8d8dd395eeb24b4b2e164eec.png

files9:
0b0a20210aab03eacd187720bf9a37ec.png

This happens when selecting to dump sysnand to NANDmin.bin, and inside decrypt9, i can select ctrtransfer files, so it should be ok, what can i do to avoid this error, everything is ok, no? And this happens while checking the sha file, as you can see, nand is dumped, so i don't know what can i do. I really need help on this because i can't continue doing the guide, thanks.

personally, I'd delete both the nandmin and 2.1.0bin and bin.sha files.
then, i'd download the 2.1.0. files again
and try again.

if it fails during the sha file check, it means the checksum of your bin file does not match the checksum in the bin.sha file. meaning there might have been some error. a lot bit during file transfer, a bad download or something.

Reactions: Hidend

thorltd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i was following a guide to install luma 3ds i get the error when i turn my console on an error has occurred
an old supported nand has been detected luma 3ds is unable to boot it press any button to shutdown. without the sd it has a blue flashing light

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i was following a guide to install luma 3ds i get the error when i turn my console on an error has occurred
an old supported nand has been detected luma 3ds is unable to boot it press any button to shutdown. without the sd it has a blue flashing light

Have you installed the A9LH already?
Can you boot the console WHILE pressing SELECT and does it open the Luma Config?

If yes, then you probably started the guide with a stock firmware lower than 9.0

Go here and follow it:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

or maybe you haven't done this part yet:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)#section-iv---restoring-the-system

John Swenson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know if this is relevent in your case: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sky3ds-issues-not-showing-cartridge-anymore.407781/

could be dodgy 3ds file
I have tried a lot of different roms, and none of them work. I tried putting multiple roms on my sd card, that makes it blink repeatedly and when i press the button it flashes red. Faulty sd card maybe? I want to try a different sd card, but i don't know which one to use. I need at least 16 gb so if there are any recommendations that would be great.

thorltd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you installed the A9LH already?
Can you boot the console WHILE pressing SELECT and does it open the Luma Config?

If yes, then you probably started the guide with a stock firmware lower than 9.0

Go here and follow it:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

or maybe you haven't done this part yet:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)#section-iv---restoring-the-system
  1. For now, booting to a black screen or the message "An old unsupported NAND has been detected" is normal (Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND), just continue with the instructions - have exactly this in section 3 if i press start or select it turns off

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then, you are on the section II, step 5, correct?

Just continue with the rest, never skipping anything.

Make sure that you have all the files on SD that the prep work told you to.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
regarding this, supposedly, the print_ticket_keys.py script that comes with all versions of decrypt9 would allow me to look inside the decTitleKeys.bin... but i just cant get it to do anything other than blipping a cmd window for a millisecond. i installed about 9 different versions of python and all of this is so frustrating. why wont it work?
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
oh you got to be kidding me, FBI can't even install just the ticket? it also has to download and install the whole game too?
how can it be we can have tickets online, we can specifically delete tickets, but we can't save tickets or just install them?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

thorltd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. For now, booting to a black screen or the message "An old unsupported NAND has been detected" is normal (Luma3DS cannot boot a 2.1.0 NAND), just continue with the instructions - have exactly this in section 3 if i press start or select it turns off
i have backed up the otp.bin cant get my 3ds xl to come back still get the error message i mentioned above

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried a lot of different roms, and none of them work. I tried putting multiple roms on my sd card, that makes it blink repeatedly and when i press the button it flashes red. Faulty sd card maybe? I want to try a different sd card, but i don't know which one to use. I need at least 16 gb so if there are any recommendations that would be great.
based on that thread 1 dodgy rom can corrupt the sdcard. so reformat it correctly and add 1 rom to make sure it works; then keep adding and see if you can find any corrupted ones.

zlyczarny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I used Plailect guide and installed homebrew etc. Im on 9.2 ver of system, and sometimes I get information that new update is avaiable, if I update the system will the homebrew stop working, or is it safe to install updates of the system? Or is there possibility to turn off the information about the update? Im afraid that one time by mistake I will click OK to install update and it will delete hacked 3ds options and games. What to do?

Hidend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
personally, I'd delete both the nandmin and 2.1.0bin and bin.sha files.
then, i'd download the 2.1.0. files again
and try again.

if it fails during the sha file check, it means the checksum of your bin file does not match the checksum in the bin.sha file. meaning there might have been some error. a lot bit during file transfer, a bad download or something.
done bro, now works, ffs im so happy, thanks a lot

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, I used Plailect guide and installed homebrew etc. Im on 9.2 ver of system, and sometimes I get information that new update is avaiable, if I update the system will the homebrew stop working, or is it safe to install updates of the system? Or is there possibility to turn off the information about the update? Im afraid that one time by mistake I will click OK to install update and it will delete hacked 3ds options and games. What to do?

If you did all the guide and have A9LH then yes, you can update from system settings.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

if you followed the guide all the way through the end you should now have a9hl. and that means, you can go into system settings and update to the latest firmware safely.

Is using the GBA slot when playing NDS games still out of the question? Or has some progress been made?
there is no gba slot in 3ds systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm