• Views 4,446,351
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they all formatted to fat32? And what are the sizes of them?

Yes formatting hasn't helped. The ones the dont work are 16, 8, and 4 GB. The ones that do are 4, 2, and 2 GB.

The really weird thing is that the 4 GB ones are the ones that came with the systems I am pretty sure, exact same make and model, one works and one doesn't.

Actually I also tried a 32 GB card I use in my own A9Lhax system and it booted it. I tried the SD cards that don't work in the 2DS and it works in my 3DS.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes formatting hasn't helped. The ones the dont work are 16, 8, and 4 GB. The ones that do are 4, 2, and 2 GB.

The really weird thing is that the 4 GB ones are the ones that came with the systems I am pretty sure, exact same make and model, one works and one doesn't.
They might just be dead. Are you able to read and write data to them?

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Ok so I'm in a bit of a pickle here...
I didn't have a nand backup(my sd card was full) so I was doing the 9.2 transfer
and that goes fine...but after I inject FBI into the health and safety app I boot to black screen.
both hourglass and luma config menu are still working...and I can boot to them...
I have done this 3 times I have a nand backup but it's like 2.something and luma wont boot to it...
so I do the 9.2 transfer and then it boots to black...
What should I do?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm in a bit of a pickle here...
I didn't have a nand backup(my sd card was full) so I was doing the 9.2 transfer
and that goes fine...but after I inject FBI into the health and safety app I boot to black screen.
both hourglass and luma config menu are still working...and I can boot to them...
I have done this 3 times I have a nand backup but it's like 2.something and luma wont boot to it...
so I do the 9.2 transfer and then it boots to black...
What should I do?
Try recovery mode.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might just be dead. Are you able to read and write data to them?
Yeah I copied the files to be able to boot. I even tested at least one that the card could boot my A9Lhax 3DS XL. Also the 16 and 8 GB cards I could swap after boot and the system would read and be able to play games from the sd card. The problem so far is those 3 SD cards just wont work to boot the 2DS. I was forced to delete a link between words and some demos so I could fit his other games on the one working 4 GB card.

asnka

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Try recovery mode.
How do i do recovery mode?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So my only option is to update to the newest firmware via recovery mode?
And the newest one you can't do anything with right?

late edit... I reset my luma settings and it worked...

Last edited by asnka,

SkyKing007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was fortunate enough to find a 2DS with firmware 6.0 on it :P I went through the new guide and got to this part in section 4:
Your device should now be able to boot properly once more.
I didn't see any instruction to continue so I stopped. Should I just continue to section 5 by booting to hourglass because I still have not finished section 4. I'm stuck at part 10:

Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
  • Yes this is safe, stop opening Github issues about it.
  • If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot
I check there is no firmware.bin in my luma folder.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was fortunate enough to find a 2DS with firmware 6.0 on it :P I went through the new guide and got to this part in section 4:
Your device should now be able to boot properly once more.
I didn't see any instruction to continue so I stopped. Should I just continue to section 5 by booting to hourglass because I still have not finished section 4. I'm stuck at part 10:

Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version using system settings (if it is not already)
  • Yes this is safe, stop opening Github issues about it.
  • If you copied a firmware.bin to /luma/ earlier, delete it after updating or you won't be able to boot
I check there is no firmware.bin in my luma folder.
Just update and continue.

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still use rxtools through the browser,because my system version is 4.5u. I want to update to 9.2 for a long time now to atleast use menuhax or move on to another cfw like luma3ds but the problem is, rxtools wont let me inject fbi to h&s in sysNAND because I have a different version tmd. Any work around for this? Rxtools emunand works fine, but im so outdated, cant even use themehax because I don't know how to inject fbi to sysnand to update my system to 9.2 because of the problem, I cant install sysupdater to sysnand. The tmd version problem happened because I got my o3ds at 4.0 firmware, updated it with a cartridge to 4.5, but the h&s is not important enough to be updated along with the system. So, I can use rxtools with no problem but can't update my sysnand to 9.2 because of tmd version problem. Any solutions? Thank you

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use rxtools through the browser,because my system version is 4.5u. I want to update to 9.2 for a long time now to atleast use menuhax or move on to another cfw like luma3ds but the problem is, rxtools wont let me inject fbi to h&s in sysNAND because I have a different version tmd. Any work around for this? Rxtools emunand works fine, but im so outdated, cant even use themehax because I don't know how to inject fbi to sysnand to update my system to 9.2 because of the problem, I cant install sysupdater to sysnand. The tmd version problem happened because I got my o3ds at 4.0 firmware, updated it with a cartridge to 4.5, but the h&s is not important enough to be updated along with the system. So, I can use rxtools with no problem but can't update my sysnand to 9.2 because of tmd version problem. Any solutions? Thank you
updating to 9.2 is not necessary anymore.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser) - start here to get into Decrypt9 on your sysnand, if you have a browser.

if you have a DS flash cart and no browser, this works too: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(MSET)

Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: Lis

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
well my first question was if there was anything that worked for ver 11.0.0-33u and i was told only a hardmod or with another previously hacked 3ds system. they didn't mention i could just use a flashcart.
No one really uses Sky3DS day-to-day, it is very expensive and can only do a fraction of what CFW can do. People usually only use it for game exploits (e.g. to replace Freakyforms Deluxe, Cubic Ninja, etc).

These two things would have to be true for it to make sense to get a Sky3DS:
  1. There are no hardmodders in your country, and it would cost a lot more than the Sky to post it to someone overseas (keep in mind it is still worth paying a bit more, if it cost more, to get it hardmodded, since you can do so much more with CFW. But at some point it becomes too much)
  2. You can't buy a second console, because either: (a) You don't have enough liquid assets to be able to buy a console on a lower firmware, hack it, and sell one of them (either the 11.0 console or the one you bought after doing a DSiWare downgrade) or (b) you live somewhere where eBay sellers will not post to, there are no game shops in your area, and none of your friends have a suitable console to borrow.
Or, you need a number of exploit games for your projects and getting a Sky is cheaper than them all combined.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes I did everything, I deleted whatever file and stuff it said but nothing works
Tell us what the results are of each of the ten troubleshooting steps.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
what is the difference between homebrew and cfw?
Homebrew allows user-written code to be executed on the system but doesn't allow anything with more security than a normal game cartridge is allowed access to. CFW allows access to higher security stuff and allows things like NAND dumps and restores, piracy, etc.

Lis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
updating to 9.2 is not necessary anymore.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser) - start here to get into Decrypt9 on your sysnand, if you have a browser.

if you have a DS flash cart and no browser, this works too: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(MSET)

Okay thanks. I remember, you're the one who started a thread about moving on from rxtools before it's too late. Well, I'm trying right now. I got an o3ds, and have a browser, in the link you gave me, what is rednand? Should I treat it as the emunand in the instructions? Thanks

So it means I shouls get decrypt9 on sysnand then follow the guide from the start?

Last edited by Lis,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks. I remember, you're the one who started a thread about moving on from rxtools before it's too late. Well, I'm trying right now. I got an o3ds, and have a browser, in the link you gave me, what is rednand? Should I treat it as the emunand in the instructions? Thanks

So it means I shouls get decrypt9 on sysnand then follow the guide from the start?
Rednand is a permanent version of emunand, but they're nearly identical. Yes, you can treat it as emunand, because all rednand really is is that it is a more permanent version of emunand. Yes, use decrypt9 exclusively on the sysnand, unless you want the old guide: https://www.github.com/Plailect/Guide_RedNAND/wiki

Last edited by NintenDavid,
Reactions: Lis

xyxa

Dokoro
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm a bit paranoid about leaving my 2DS in sleep mode. Are there any issues I should be aware of with using A9LH in conjunction with Luma3DS (regarding sleep mode) after the guide is complete? (I used the guide previous to the current version of the guide about a month ago. I'm on ver. 11.0 currently.) This is probably a dumb question to ask, but I thought it'd be best to ask it here, if anywhere.

Edit: more information

Last edited by xyxa,

EmceeHuge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did an older version of Plailect's guide back in May and now have Luma running. I can install CIAs with no problems and run most homebrew. But Decrypt 9 won't work - I'm guessing because the firmware has to be on 9.2. Since Luma's CFW is updated to 11.0, is there anything that can be done about this, or will I never be able to decrypt .3ds files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto