Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I bought pokemon super mystery dungeon, and I want to edit my pokemon to be one of my favorite pokemons. I'm a charmander right now but I want to be a beedrill instead.

I found the website with the code I want: http://www.fort42.com/
They have 2 versions, AR3DS, and GateShark.

So... how do I do this? The 3DS I own is a new 3DS with 11.0 firmware already installed.

Doing this stuff on the DS was easy, you just needed an action replay. No such thing exists for the 3DS for some reason. I bought the Powersaves Pro thinking it was an action replay but it wasn't...
My PSP 3000 has a great CFW on it and using CWCheat, I was able to make my own codes.

But I am at my wit's end here for the 3DS, which lead me to this forum! I can't make heads or tails out of the random articles I find on google about the subject matter.

1. Is there a 3DS equivalent for a CFW + CWCheat? If so, which CFW is it? I thought it was Luma3DS + NTR CFW, but further research shows no...
2. Is there a way to use the AR3DS or the GateShark code on my 3DS? Its a N3DS with the 11.0 firmware.

All I want to do is change 3 numbers at 1 address...

I don't mind buying some kind of hacked SD card or whatnot. I just need to make this happen!
Can you extract your save file using JKSM (a homebrew) and then hex edit it, and inject it back? If the stuff you want to edit is on the save this should be possible. All firmwares can access homebrew (and JKSM) for free so don't worry about flashcarts or exploitable games or anything.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...-for-universal-inject-generator-users.427993/
will this guide help get the health and safety icon back?

short story:

I finished plailect's guide,I am on a9lh Sys 11.0.0-33E and I followed the last 4 steps of part 5 section VI to inject h&s back again and it is working, but the icon is not refreshed and is still FBI on the bottom screen although on the upper screen shows health and safety information and it works fine when I open it, Ican read all the h&s info.

I remember having injected the FBI with banner back then with RXtools 3.0 beta because I was on 7.2.0-12E and followed the old guide of plailect's from the 9.2.0 Update section and it didn't had freeway browser then(on 28 june)

It is just the icon that seems "stuck" there and it seems like I have 2 FBI's which I don't(the one is the cia file).I tried rebooting and it din't work, the icon is left as FBI.
I just want the 2ds to look beautiful again :-P

thank you!

Update:I used the guide @driverdis (thank you!) provided (the link above) and it worked!
I installed GodMode9 too and I love it.

Thank you! If anyone had the same "cosmetic-only problem" you are safe to use his guide!

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

hyunsuken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Downgraded the New 3DS XL to 9.2, but when I open emunand9 it just shows a black screen and brings me back to the homebrew launcher.
any ideas?

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi!

Just checking my SD card after getting A9lh to delete some files I don't need and I've seen on the Nintendo 3DS folder 3 folders...
Is that normal after finishing Plailect's Guide?

thank you

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Is playing ds roms online with a flashcart, r4 for example, bannable as of now?
You can't even get banned for playing with ds mode flashcards.
hi!

Just checking my SD card after getting A9lh to delete some files I don't need and I've seen on the Nintendo 3DS folder 3 folders...
Is that normal after finishing Plailect's Guide?

thank you

Yes, just delete your non-sysnand folders.
If you haven't installed any Games, you can safely delete all the folders

someonenoone11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you extract your save file using JKSM (a homebrew) and then hex edit it, and inject it back? If the stuff you want to edit is on the save this should be possible. All firmwares can access homebrew (and JKSM) for free so don't worry about flashcarts or exploitable games or anything.

It was my understanding pokemon super mystery dungeon (PSMD) uses some kind of save encryption and checksum, but I guess it's worth a try. The guy who made the PSMD homebrew exploit has a detailed post about it here: http://douevenknow.us/post/143307137663/supermysterychunkhax

I've successfully got upto menuhax and can launch jksd so I'll be experimenting with that, but how do you install Luma3ds? The only guide I can find requires EMUNAND9 and claims it can only be done by hardmod downgrade with my 11.0. Is this true? Do I have to downgrade to install Luma3ds on my 11.0? Or is there a way to install Luma3ds without downgrading?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my understanding pokemon super mystery dungeon (PSMD) uses some kind of save encryption and checksum, but I guess it's worth a try. The guy who made the PSMD homebrew exploit has a detailed post about it here: http://douevenknow.us/post/143307137663/supermysterychunkhax

I've successfully got upto menuhax and can launch jksd so I'll be experimenting with that, but how do you install Luma3ds? The only guide I can find requires EMUNAND9 and claims it can only be done by hardmod downgrade with my 11.0. Is this true? Do I have to downgrade to install Luma3ds on my 11.0? Or is there a way to install Luma3ds without downgrading?

Correct, you need to either hardmod or send it to someone to hardmod it. The other option is dsiwarehax, but this requires another console already running CFW.

someonenoone11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess save editing is my only choice... I don't even know where to begin with zlib decompression and then that checksum thing. Goddamn it.

Here's hoping someone on this thread will do it and give me a tutorial >.<.

I guess I should learn basics of python now...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont even attempt to downgrade, exploit can't execute.
Maybe you should also explain why since he asked. "Oh, why does downgrade work on firmware up to 10.7 but not on 11.0"

INCOMING STRESS! :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess save editing is my only choice... I don't even know where to begin with zlib decompression and then that checksum thing. Goddamn it.

Here's hoping someone on this thread will do it and give me a tutorial >.<.

I guess I should learn basics of python now...
Can you find a save editor for the game?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

someonenoone11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you just want your pokemon game to get some cheats, perhaps someone here can just do it for you if you can get the save data from the game. :)

Here's hoping someone would!

My character's name is Sophia. She's a charmander right now but I want her to be a beedrill!

Attachments

• PSMD Save1.7z
    28.7 KB · Views: 88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun