Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I feel like I'm getting somewhere, but perhaps RXTools is still interfering? I turn it on and it flashed colors, etc. Now it goes to the purple menu and I can navigate. I launched Luma and thought I set it up. Must I delete rxTools? Not sure if it's overriding Luma?
Did you copy everything from the Luma release onto your SD card? What happens if you delete its entry from boot manager and instead launch from the homebrew menu?

Reactions: Shadx

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy everything from the Luma release onto your SD card? What happens if you delete its entry from boot manager and instead launch from the homebrew menu?

I did. The HBM has started to crash now, even before I remove the entry.

@Shadx sorry, heres the link no need to go find it :P my bad

Thank you :)

At this point I feel like I have messed with too many files and need to start clean. I don't mind losing saves and having to reinstall games. I didn't have arm9, only rxTools and menuhax as Quantamcat mentioned.

Can either of you direct me of a newer tutorial to have arm9 as well as Luma assuming it's the easiest/best method?

Thank you both. I truly appreciate it.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

At this point I feel like I have messed with too many files and need to start clean. I don't mind losing saves and having to reinstall games. I didn't have arm9, only rxTools and menuhax as Quantamcat mentioned.

Can either of you direct me of a newer tutorial to have arm9 as well as Luma assuming it's the easiest/best method?

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki <- will end up with A9LH and Luma3DS afterwards.

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)

Start at the part where you format rednand. I wish you luck! (Im out i need to sleep)

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki <- will end up with A9LH and Luma3DS afterwards.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(9.2.0-Downgrade)

Start at the part where you format rednand. I wish you luck! (Im out i need to sleep)

Thank You both! I should probably sleep too, had coffee 2 hours ago and still wired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one more question, can I format the SD card with no regret before I start?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thank You both! I should probably sleep too, had coffee 2 hours ago and still wired.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

one more question, can I format the SD card with no regret before I start?
Yes. But keep your Nintendo 3DS folder.
Following Plailect's guide to the end of Part 3 only is best as KunoichiZ said. You will be able to skip through most of it (including 90% of Part 2). Since you know your way around boot manager, you can set that up after. Good luck!

DMG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The files are generated from the OTPHelper setup when you downgrade to 2.1. I would follow the guide completely and not skip steps because problems like this can be easily avoided.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
I followed the guide step by step and read everything multiple times to make sure that I didn't forget anything. OTP said that downgrading was a success but I too didn't get any of those emergency_SecureInfo_A, emergency_movable.sed, emergency_title.db,emergency_ticket.db, and firm0firm1.xorpad files. They are NOT there. Not sure what to do now.

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now im stuck at the bit where you're supposed to open OTP Helper for the first time, I've tried like 10-15 times by now to no avail(frozen black screen upon opening it on the homebrew channel), it did say on the guide it should take a few tries but at this point I'm wondering if something is wrong. And for some reason the 3ds stopped recognizing the Ocarina of Time cartridge, I have to reboot several times for it to appear sometimes.

Edit: Swapped to OTPHelper 0.89 vs 0.90 and it worked at first try.

Last edited by Fpi,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the guide step by step and read everything multiple times to make sure that I didn't forget anything. OTP said that downgrading was a success but I too didn't get any of those emergency_SecureInfo_A, emergency_movable.sed, emergency_title.db,emergency_ticket.db, and firm0firm1.xorpad files. They are NOT there. Not sure what to do now.
Did you redownload every file fresh or are you using old stuff you downloaded a day or more previously?

tommzy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay quick question, i'm on Ver 10.7 with luma cfw

can i just select "update firmware" from system settings to update without any problems??

Last edited by tommzy09,

tommzy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, check youre in emunand and don't exit system settings or go to sd card management before updating or youll be in sysnand.
how would i be able to check if i'm in emunand? It's been a while since i touched my 3ds. sometimes it says Ver. 10.7 and other times it says Sys 10.7 when i enter system settings.

also in the Luma config, i have "Autoboot SysNAND" selected, if i don't have it selected, my N3DS doesn't boot.

just curious

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
how would i be able to check if i'm in emunand? It's been a while since i touched my 3ds. sometimes it says Ver. 10.7 and other times it says Sys 10.7 when i enter system settings.

also in the Luma config, i have "Autoboot SysNAND" selected, if i don't have it selected, my N3DS doesn't boot.

just curious
In Luma config, make sure you have show version ticked. It should say Emu 10.7... not Ver.

EDIT: Sounds like you have a9lh. Sorry, I assumed not :-) In that case you should be fine to update even if you use an emuNAND (sounds like you're not though).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

tommzy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Quantumcat

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
I have successfully installed A9LH on my O3DS and really want to upgrade my N3DSXL as well. My NNID is on my N3DSXL and don't know what steps to take before I do the system transfer from Plialect guide.

After the system transfer will my N3DSXL still have the same NNID as it has now? This has been my main console so all downloaded games\saves\photos\everything is on here so really don't want to lose all that.

Do I buy Fieldrunners on the already hacked or on the non hacked console? I have no NNID on my hacked console atm since I've not had it long so would I need to create one?

Thanks guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1