• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the simplest thing to do is to update to 3.7.1 Launcher.dat and then update your EmuNAND to 11.0 and keep using it as you have always done so.

Now if you want A9LH, avoid GW-A9LH at all costs, it's a locked down version that keeps you completely locked down to Gateway3DS, you won't have access to recovery tools like EmuNAND9, Decrypt9, Hourglass9 or options to use other CFW like Luma3DS and others.

Now with that said, I'd recommend you look at this guide.
Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Plailect's A9LH Guide will get you fully setup with Standard A9LH, with Luma3DS as the CFW choice for your SysNAND. Once you have A9LH fully setup, you can then follow this guide I wrote to basically dual-boot Gateway with Luma3DS.
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/431691/

If you still have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask~ ^_^

Is there any benefit to using A9LH over Gateway w/ Emunand? Ideally, I'd like to be able to just power on my NN3DS and have it on the latest Firmware and be able to run homebrew and whatnot. Right now, I have to use Zelda OOT3D to boot into Emunand meaning I need to carry my Gateway Red card, and Zelda just in case my NN3DS powers down. Am I correct in believing that the A9LH method will do that? Is there any way to convert my Gateway Emunand to be used with A9LH + CFW? I found THIS thread which sounds exactly like what I need to do. It should be fairly similar, right? Only difference is he has O3DS and I'm using a NN3DS.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any benefit to using A9LH over Gateway w/ Emunand? Ideally, I'd like to be able to just power on my NN3DS and have it on the latest Firmware and be able to run homebrew and whatnot. Right now, I have to use Zelda OOT3D to boot into Emunand meaning I need to carry my Gateway Red card, and Zelda just in case my NN3DS powers down. Am I correct in believing that the A9LH method will do that? Is there any way to convert my Gateway Emunand to be used with A9LH + CFW? I found THIS thread which sounds exactly like what I need to do. It should be fairly similar, right? Only difference is he has O3DS and I'm using a NN3DS.
Yes, a9lh will automagically boot into updated sysNAND, or updated emuNAND if you so desire. It also functions with gateway, but do NOT use Gateway a9lh, it's really bad. Follow the Plailect Bible.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by jucaa,

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I was just about to get started with part 4 (2.4 downgrade) but I'm super confused with the first step:https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

How do we use save manager? How do we get it on the 3ds? What does it mean by "do steps 10 - 18 then install the hblauncher_loader CIA)"?

This step is optional, you're supposed to put a save manager homebrew on your sd card, start the homebrew launcher, and then launch the save manager homebrew. Just skip it if you don't care about your saves

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do care about my saves though, what does the steps 10-18 thing mean?
As long as you backup the Nintendo 3DS folder and use the original NAND/emuNAND/redNAND backup associated with those saves when installing A9LH, during the final step you can delete the Nintendo 3DS folder from your SD card and replace it with your backup and all of your installed games, apps, and their saves will be restored.

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
long time lurker here..
my current old3ds is on 10.7. was once hacked to 9.2 by bro but i upgraded the system to 10.7.

after searching hrs online to downgrade. i understand that you can only do this by using cubic ninja or zelda w save file.
i have few question here..

how do i know that my system is completly upgraded to 10.7?
is there a way to access old cfw/menu?
can i use sky 3ds to load cubic ninja to downgrade?

thanks in advance.

Last edited by cc2918,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
long time lurker here..
my current old3ds is on 10.7. was once hacked to 9.2 by bro but i upgraded the system to 10.7.

after searching hrs online to downgrade. i understand that you can only do this by using cubic ninja or zelda w save file.
i have few question here..

how do i know that my system is completly upgraded to 10.7?
is there a way to access old cfw/menu?
can i use sky 3ds to load cubic ninja to downgrade?

thanks in advance.
You can use the two games you listed as well as Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (requires another 3DS with the HBL), Freakyforms Deluxe (primary entrypoint), or Pokemon ORAS (requires another 3DS with the HBL).

If the update to 10.7 was allowed to complete, your 3DS is definitely on 10.7.

If the 3DS is above firmware 9.2 there is no way to access CFW. You can still launch the Homebrew Launcher with an exploitable game.

Yes, you can use a Sky3DS with Cubic Ninja on it to launch Ninjhax and downgrade.

I would recommend following this guide to reinstall CFW. It sets up A9LH which exploits the FIRM0/FIRM1 partition of the NAND, allowing you to do things such as restore NAND backups without a hardmod. It also negates the need for emuNAND so if somebody updates your 3DS again, it won't matter.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been 100% out of the loop since February and I just want to know if I can update my system.

I'm running some old version of Reinand and official firmware.

How should I proceed? Update Reinand, then update the official firmware?

With MHG about to come out, I want to be fully updated to get the game at launch on the eShop. EXCITE!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been 100% out of the loop since February and I just want to know if I can update my system.

I'm running some old version of Reinand and official firmware.

How should I proceed? Update Reinand, then update the official firmware?

With MHG about to come out, I want to be fully updated to get the game at launch on the eShop. EXCITE!
If you're still running emuNAND, DO NOT update sysNAND! You will lose the ability to run CFW if you do. What I would recommend doing, is following this guide. It will set up A9LH on your 3DS and you won't need emuNAND anymore.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're still running emuNAND, DO NOT update sysNAND! You will lose the ability to run CFW if you do. What I would recommend doing, is following this guide. It will set up A9LH on your 3DS and you won't need emuNAND anymore.

But I wasn't planning to update sysNAND (I think).

Back then we used to update the emuNAND, right?

Here is what I was planning to do: get the newest Reinand release from github, replace all the Reinand files on my SD Card, boot emuNAND through Menuhax as usual, go to System Settings and update through Nintendo's own server.

Would I lose access to CFW?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I wasn't planning to update sysNAND (I think).

Back then we used to update the emuNAND, right?

Here is what I was planning to do: get the newest Reinand release from github, replace all the Reinand files on my SD Card, boot emuNAND through Menuhax as usual, go to System Settings and update through Nintendo's own server.

Would I lose access to CFW?
If you're only setting up the newest release of ReiNAND and updating emuNAND then you're ok, you won't lose access to CFW. It still might be worth looking into setting up A9LH, if you're interested in its features (100% bootrate, ability to restore NAND backups without a hardmod, no emuNAND requirement).

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're only setting up the newest release of ReiNAND and updating emuNAND then you're ok, you won't lose access to CFW. It still might be worth looking into setting up A9LH, if you're interested in its features (100% bootrate, ability to restore NAND backups without a hardmod, no emuNAND requirement).
Thanks, but I think I'm gonna update emuNAND and stay with Reinand+Menuhax. I'm worried though, will Menuhax autoboot after I update emuNAND?

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, as long as you don't change your sysNAND's theme MenuHax will still autoboot even after updating emuNAND.

Alright this is kinda insane.

I just noticed that my emuNAND is fully updated but I didn't update it, at least not through System Settings!

What kinda sorcery is this? Is Nintendo pushing for stealth updates now?

The only thing I did was open Nintendo Badge and it did take a long time to start, but I thought it was just updating the app, not the system?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright this is kinda insane.

I just noticed that my emuNAND is fully updated but I didn't update it, at least not through System Settings!

What kinda sorcery is this? Is Nintendo pushing for stealth updates now?

The only thing I did was open Nintendo Badge and it did take a long time to start, but I thought it was just updating the app, not the system?
The 3DS probably ran a system update when you opened up Badge Arcade. I guess that saves you the trouble of having to update emuNAND through system settings though. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you