• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

suparnemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

New guy here, just recently bought a used 2DS which was unfortunately updated by the previous owner to the latest firmware.

But I was able to launch homebrew via Basicsploit.

Just a question: is it just me or are the available GBA emulators slow? I tried both mGBA and gpsp, and the games I threw at both ran rather sluggishly slow.

If you can hardmod/downgrade injecting into VC might be the better option

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there. I bought a 3ds with a blue sky3ds a while back. Before I stopped using it there was some new protection on the new 3ds games which sky3ds could not play.

Did anything change about that? (I mean aside from a new sky3ds eidition coming out ). Like is it possible to play these new games with a blue edition?
Nope. If you managed to avoid updating your 3DS to 11.0 though you can downgrade, install CFW, and play all the games your heart desires.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm trying to install legit CIA on my relative's 3DS because I'm too scared to go down the CFW route. His 3DS is 10.7 which I use the Ocarina of Time cart and NASA to install the legit CIA but the big problem is that the game he wants, Pokemon Y, doesn't install at all and when I try on FBI, it gives an error message. I did try several different Pokemon Y CIA but still error messages. Is Pokemon Y a title that's permanently borked?
What error message? His SD may be out of room. If you're sure it's not out of room, the SD might be fake. There's no problem with Pokemon Y.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. If you managed to avoid updating your 3DS to 11.0 though you can downgrade, install CFW, and play all the games your heart desires.

What error message? His SD may be out of room. If you're sure it's not out of room, the SD might be fake. There's no problem with Pokemon Y.
Is there a guide for knowing if sd cards are fake?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I see, but i mean like before you buy the sd card is there a way to know so you don't waste time or money.:)
If it's on eBay and it's cheap it's probably fake :-p Yeah not really any way to tell unless you study the legitimate packaging and can spot errors in the picture on the listing.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
whats the most convenient way to delete games from a 3ds?
FBI has no search
Settings->Software->3DS now you can delete games from there. But don't do this from sysNAND when your NANDs are linked or it will delete all your games.

Okay so that "Too good to be true" Fact is real. :D
Oh and study their negative and neutral feedback for any mention of the word 'fake'.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Settings->Software->3DS now you can delete games from there. But don't do this from sysNAND when your NANDs are linked or it will delete all your games.

Oh and study their negative and neutral feedback for any mention of the word 'fake'.
thank you but that is not very convenient as it is slow and i need to crawl through a lot of pages.
Is there anything like FBI with a search function?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
thank you but that is not very convenient as it is slow and i need to crawl through a lot of pages.
Is there anything like FBI with a search function?
No. This is as convenient as it gets, with the actual name of the game and an icon and everything.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Menacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I installed A9LH fine and successfully converted 3ds files to cia. I want to understand some more technical details.
When I convert 3ds to cia I first create xorpads on my 3ds. So I guess these files will be different to every 3ds.
My question is: Will my converted cias run on other 3DS'? Will downloaded cias that I did not create with my xorfiles run on my 3DS?
What exactly happens technically when converting §DS to cia and what do xorpads do?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I installed A9LH fine and successfully converted 3ds files to cia. I want to understand some more technical details.
When I convert 3ds to cia I first create xorpads on my 3ds. So I guess these files will be different to every 3ds.
My question is: Will my converted cias run on other 3DS'? Will downloaded cias that I did not create with my xorfiles run on my 3DS?
What exactly happens technically when converting §DS to cia and what do xorpads do?
Weather or not is necessary to know, yes, as long as it is in cia format, it will install on any system running CFW, just use fbi installer or Any of the cia installer programs like CIAngel, Freeshop or a website i use where you can just load fbi installer and scan qr codes to install games. :)

As for technical aspect.. I don't quite know.

From what i understand, using xorpads are to help decrypt the files of 3ds necessary to convert to cia format. once in cia format it should install as normal. 3ds files only work in flash carts like gateway or sky3ds.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been away from the DS scene for a long time. Looking to buy a New 3DS XL... Probably 11.0 FW.

What are my CFW options? (Looking to run ROM backups, no need for homebrew) From what I've read so far I HAVE to hardmod, use that correct?

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does a FFFFFB Error mean? (This is when i ty to dump a game save (it was animal crossing and other games))

What does a FFFFFB Error mean? (This is when i ty to dump a game save (it was animal crossing and other games))
forgot to mention it was an error i got on gateway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy