• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Kilarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either use a bootmanager or replace the boot.3dsx that is on the root of your sd card with the one from reinand. the failed boots is because of menuhax, using a9lh will get rid of that
Sorry for the dumb question, but, where is the file from ReiNand? I can't find it.

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys so i got to part 4 step 20 in the guide and attempted to backup NAND and notice i just have no space for this at all, but im back with a bigger SD card, however when i try to backup NAND now it says my SD card is not formatted for it, I copied everything from the smaller SD card to the bigger one, what steps do I have to redo to make it the same as the smaller SD card so i can continue the guide ? Thanks

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys so i got to part 4 step 20 in the guide and attempted to backup NAND and notice i just have no space for this at all, but im back with a bigger SD card, however when i try to backup NAND now it says my SD card is not formatted for it, I copied everything from the smaller SD card to the bigger one, what steps do I have to redo to make it the same as the smaller SD card so i can continue the guide ? Thanks
What nand are you trying to backup? The emuNAND?

Edit: Also, is it formatted to fat32?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah its in FAT32 format , and yes i'm trying to backup emuNAND
Then the new one doesn't have the emunand partition anymore, just copying the contents of the old one isn't going to change that.

Use this tool to extract the emunand on your PC: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
Use version 1.01 if you have problems with 1.03.

Boot into Emunand9, using the old SD Card, then hit select to unmount the SD Card, put in the new one, go to SD Format Options, then choose Format SD (EmuNAND minsize) or Format (Emunand default). Then once that's done, press select again, and go back to your computer and copy the extracted emunand.bin you got from the tool I linked above, and once that's done, reinsert it into your 3DS, then go to the EmuNand Manager Options and choose Restore file to Rednand or Restore file to Emunand.

Then proceed with the guide.

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then the new one doesn't have the emunand partition anymore, just copying the contents of the old one isn't going to change that.

Use this tool to extract the emunand on your PC: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
Use version 1.01 if you have problems with 1.03.

Boot into Emunand9, using the old SD Card, then hit select to unmount the SD Card, put in the new one, go to SD Format Options, then choose Format SD (EmuNAND minsize) or Format (Emunand default). Then once that's done, press select again, and go back to your computer and copy the extracted emunand.bin you got from the tool I linked above, and once that's done, reinsert it into your 3DS, then go to the EmuNand Manager Options and choose Restore file to Rednand or Restore file to Emunand.

Then proceed with the guide.
I tried to extract, but It tells me there is no emuNAND SD detected , i have the old SD in my PC

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to extract, but It tells me there is no emuNAND SD detected , i have the old SD in my PC
Here's what you do:

- Backup your old sd card. All of it.
- Delete some stuff and make some space for your emuNAND backup.
- Back up your emuNAND from the old sd card, copy backup to your PC.
- Using the old sd card, boot into sysNAND homebrew launcher.
- Run EmuNAND9 and choose to format the sd card for emuNAND (make sure the sd is in fat32 first)
- When it tells you that you can remove the sd card BEFORE you format, do so and put in your new sd card.
- Once the format finishes, power down the 3DS and put the new sd card into your PC.
- Copy the emuNAND backup and all the files from your old sd card to your new sd card.
- Boot into sysNAND HBL agian and run EmuNAND9 agian.
- Tell it to restore emuNAND from emuNAND.bin.
- And that's it! You're done! Enjoy your new sd card and continue with the guide.

If you have a 2GB card or something and you just have no space at all; after you backup the old sd card and are ready to backup your emuNAND, boot up EmuNAND9 from the sysNAND HBL, then once it's already running, press select to eject the sd card, then delete anything / everything you want, then put it back in and backup the emuNAND as normal. As long as you don't format your old sd card, the data on the emuNAND will be safe when you delete everything. Windows can't read or delete it by default. You would need to use some software.

IMPORTANT NOTE!: Just know that I have had some trouble in the past using sd cards over 32GB to downgrade. I have had MANY times where this lead to a partial downgrade / soft brick. A friend of mine I was helping to downgrade an European N3DS got 5 soft bricks in a row using a 128GB sd card, but worked the first time he used the 4GB that it came with. I have no hard evidence that a large sd card would effect the downgrade process, but from my personal experience, I would STRONGLY suggest using a SDHC card to downgrade with (32GB or under). I have used the sd card my 3DS came with for EVERY downgrade I have done (11 systems so far) and haven't had an issue yet.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: fireguy85

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what you do:
IMPORTANT NOTE!: Just know that I have had some trouble in the past using sd cards over 32GB to downgrade. I have had MANY times where this lead to a partial downgrade / soft brick. A friend of mine I was helping to downgrade an European N3DS got 5 soft bricks in a row using a 128GB sd card, but worked the first time he used the 4GB that it came with. I have no hard evidence that a large sd card would effect the downgrade process, but from my personal experience, I would STRONGLY suggest using a SDHC card to downgrade with (32GB or under). I have used the sd card my 3DS came with for EVERY downgrade I have done (11 systems so far) and haven't had an issue yet.

I would strongly suggest this as well.

Go back to using the original SD card and just delete the NAND backups off of the SD card after you copy them to your PC as you go. You don't ever need and maybe won't be able to fit more than one NAND backup on it at a time anyway. Worry about switching to a bigger SD card after A9LH is set up.

Reactions: MadMageKefka

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you take the a9lh route, there are part/steps of the guide that you'll not need to do, because have already done some of them.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
If you want to boot emunand though a 9.2 sysnand, you just need to do only part 1, 2 and 3.
If you want a9lh, then you will need 4 and 5 too
I finally came back and started from the beginning again using the a9lh tutorial you guys linked. Thanks so much. It was really easy to follow and I was able to downgrade (I think) to 9.2. Towards the end of the downgrade, I got an error and it said to contact nintendo for support. The error isn't verbatim, but I just thought I should post here to get an opinion/suggestion because the a9lh tut says nothing about an error containing nintendo at the bottom screen.

My screen does say 9.2 though :D

I downgraded a second time and it actually finished...it just froze at the end when sysupdater tried to reboot my system. I belieave I am officially downgraded. Next step is to install the CFW!!! Thanks everyone for all the help/support.

Last edited by daddie05,
Reactions: Arubaro

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a 2GB card or something and you just have no space at all; after you backup the old sd card and are ready to backup your emuNAND, boot up EmuNAND9 from the sysNAND HBL, then once it's already running, press select to eject the sd card, then delete anything / everything you want, then put it back in and backup the emuNAND as normal. As long as you don't format your old sd card, the data on the emuNAND will be safe when you delete everything. Windows can't read or delete it by default. You would need to use some software.
this is a great suggestion i thought i had it BUT theres only 928mb free if i delete everything for some reason? i'm not sure why, but anyway, i cant fit the backup since the backup is 943mb

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a great suggestion i thought i had it BUT theres only 928mb free if i delete everything for some reason? i'm not sure why, but anyway, i cant fit the backup since the backup is 943mb

The files on my SD card right now (in finishing steps of A9LH) is roughly 500 MB. This isn't including the Nintendo 3DS folder which could range from 1 GB on the one I'm doing now to several more GB (my personal N3DS's Nintendo 3DS folder is 8 GB alone). You can't expect to fit backups on a 2 GB SD card - it just isn't really going to work for this process.

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that sucks I should have thought of that before i started the guide today, I'm wondering if its possible to just redo everything in the guide but with a new SD on the same DS? or did i already do somthing to the DS that prevents me from doing that? I really think that would be the best choice if I can do that

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally came back and started from the beginning again using the a9lh tutorial you guys linked. Thanks so much. It was really easy to follow and I was able to downgrade (I think) to 9.2. Towards the end of the downgrade, I got an error and it said to contact nintendo for support. The error isn't verbatim, but I just thought I should post here to get an opinion/suggestion because the a9lh tut says nothing about an error containing nintendo at the bottom screen.

My screen does say 9.2 though :D
Taken from Part 2 (Downgrading):
If PlaiSysUpdater crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what's called a "partial downgrade" or "partial", which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. Browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of PlaiSysUpdater.
This is assuming you are still able to get to PlaiSysUpdater and don't have a soft-brick, which it doesn't sound like you do, since your able to get to the system settings.

yeah that sucks I should have thought of that before i started the guide today, I'm wondering if its possible to just redo everything in the guide but with a new SD on the same DS? or did i already do somthing to the DS that prevents me from doing that? I really think that would be the best choice if I can do that
You can start over just fine. Though, if your NNID is still linked on your redNAND, you'll have to boot into it and format it, I believe.

Reactions: Arubaro

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bummer. Just thought I'd let you know the reason why your sd card appears smaller than it is, is because the emuNAND partition is taking up some of the space on the sd card. It just doesn't show up because windows doesn't know how to read that partition by default. Seeing as you probably have very little or nothing on your old sd card, I would just create a new emuNAND on your new sd card (do this with EmuNAND9). If there are any games on your old sd card, you can just reinstall them, and if there are save files you need, just use a tool like SAVeFL to transfer them over.

daddie05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from Part 2 (Downgrading):
If PlaiSysUpdater crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what's called a "partial downgrade" or "partial", which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. Browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of PlaiSysUpdater.
This is assuming you are still able to get to PlaiSysUpdater and don't have a soft-brick, which it doesn't sound like you do, since your able to get to the system settings.

You can start over just fine. Though, if your NNID is still linked on your redNAND, you'll have to boot into it and format it, I believe.
I think I am fully downgraded. I re installed the hombrew after my initial downgrade froze towards the end and followed the steps again in order to downgrade a second time.
Since it's kinda late in CALI, I will continue the a9lh tut tmrw.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

SykoLogic

That gay nerd.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally deleted my Advisory App back up from SysNAND while installing FBI over it... If I did a format of the system, will it come back? Will it brick? I'm on 9.2.0-20U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes