• Views 4,573,467
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Basically I have everything set up so that I can play GBA Virtual Console games. Now my final issue is not being able to use the red Gateway card with the .3ds files stored on it. Now the RXtools emunand is completely formatted over my old gateway nand as I understand it. So the old GWemunand no longer exists. Can I just use a different SD card for gateway, or it more complicated than that?

All CFW (Gateway, rxTools, ReiNand, CakesFW, etc) use the same Emunand. If you have homebrew, you can just download the Gateway package and use their .3dsx to boot into GWEmunand, and that would boot into the same Emunand that rxTools uses.

Phantom-Wolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some help guys, old3DS arm9loaderhax here. I want to play gba games, but i have an error and then i have to poweroff the 3DS. Then i try to reinstall agb_firm in NAND destination, but FBI dont let me do it, cause alredy exist. Maybe should i update to 10.6? Can somone tellme how to fix this and play gba games again? Thanks so much!

Last edited by Phantom-Wolf,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to hack my old 3DS XL (10.6.0-31U). Using oot3Dhax, powersaves device, and a pre-made save file. I want to downgrade my 3DS to 9.2.

I am able to access the homebrew launcher using oot3dhax. According to this guide, I need to install menuhax but I am having trouble doing so.

I can't install menuhax because I keep encountering an error which says that the program is looking for a file named "menuhax_USA25600_old3ds.lz". That file was never included with the starter kit on 3dbrew and for some reason I can't just download it using my home and cellphone hotspot internet.

Does anybody know where I can get this file? Do I really need menuhax?

Last edited by Pluupy,

jitterbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFW (Gateway, rxTools, ReiNand, CakesFW, etc) use the same Emunand. If you have homebrew, you can just download the Gateway package and use their .3dsx to boot into GWEmunand, and that would boot into the same Emunand that rxTools uses.

Doing this just gets me to a black screen when before it would load the Gateway dragon splash screen followed by setting or GateWay mode depending on if the L button was pushed. Neither pushing the L button nor pushing nothing yield any other result. Do I have to load rxtools first or something?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doing this just gets me to a black screen when before it would load the Gateway dragon splash screen followed by setting or GateWay mode depending on if the L button was pushed. Neither pushing the L button nor pushing nothing yield any other result. Do I have to load rxtools first or something?

You have your gateway card in when you try booting into Gateway Mode right?

Trying to hack my old 3DS XL (10.6.0-31U). Using oot3Dhax, powersaves device, and a pre-made save file. I want to downgrade my 3DS to 9.2.

I am able to access the homebrew launcher using oot3dhax. According to this guide, I need to install menuhax but I am having trouble doing so.

I can't install menuhax because I keep encountering an error which says that the program is looking for a file named "menuhax_USA25600_old3ds.lz". That file was never included with the starter kit on 3dbrew and for some reason I can't just download it using my home and cellphone hotspot internet.

Does anybody know where I can get this file? Do I really need menuhax?

MenuHax doesn't work in 10.6

skrlegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everybody noob question here :D i´m serching for a way to play virtual console games in my new 3ds with gateway, actually my 3ds is 9.0.0- emu 10.6, if someone know a easy way for not lost my gateway cfw and make the games work, please tell me :) have a nice day

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, so I wanted to ask a question. I'm a total newbie on this, but I have an Old 3DS XL that previously used only browserhax (worked perfectly fine), but I accidentally upgraded to 10.6 and now it obviously doesn't work anymore.
Is there a way (without using OOT, Cubic Ninja or any flashcards) to downgrade it ? I've read multiple things but I'm not sure I understand everything.
No, you need a paid entry point since browserhax got patched. Browserhax might get updated to work on 10.6 so you could just wait, but it's no guarantee.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everybody noob question here :D i´m serching for a way to play virtual console games in my new 3ds with gateway, actually my 3ds is 9.0.0- emu 10.6, if someone know a easy way for not lost my gateway cfw and make the games work, please tell me :) have a nice day
Gateway doesn't work with GBA games, you would have to switch to ReiNand or Cakes (you can keep the same emunand). Not sure about other kinds of VC games. You can also use emulators from the homebrew menu, or install them as CIAs.

How can I go about transferring my 9.2 SysNAND + 10.6 EmuNAND to a new system all together while retaining my data?
If you are transferring from an old 3DS to a new 3DS it is easy - just select the wireless transfer option when system transferring. It may get stuck if you have a lot of stuff on your SD though so you will want to delete any games you're not planning to play for a while before you transfer. Doesn't seem to work from new 3ds to new 3ds though (as I've just experienced).

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat
Well I as asking more in regards with my O3DS having an EmuNAND and, I'm guessing, if the N3DS is hacked with it's own EmuNAND; can I perform a system transfer across one EmuNAND to the next?

EDIT: I should ask this way, can I perform a system transfer from an O3DS EmuNAND to a N3DS EmuNAND? And if so -- how? Like any normal system transfer or would I have to do some special operation?

Last edited by Stash23,

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help guys, old3DS arm9loaderhax here. I want to play gba games, but i have an error and then i have to poweroff the 3DS. Then i try to reinstall agb_firm in NAND destination, but FBI dont let me do it, cause alredy exist. Maybe should i update to 10.6? Can somone tellme how to fix this and play gba games again? Thanks so much!

if you have cakes, disable the survive reboot patch, it worked for me.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat
Well I as asking more in regards with my O3DS having an EmuNAND and, I'm guessing, if the N3DS is hacked with it's own EmuNAND; can I perform a system transfer across one EmuNAND to the next?

EDIT: I should ask this way, can I perform a system transfer from an O3DS EmuNAND to a N3DS EmuNAND? And if so -- how? Like any normal system transfer or would I have to do some special operation?
Yes - O3DS emunand to N3DS emunand works great. You just do it like any other system transfer. At the end, you might get a problem where you try to boot into emunand on the new 3DS and it says finishing system transfer and shuts down. But it won't actually finish. To fix this, you disable wireless on sysnand before you boot into emunand. Then you get the option to cancel, you do that, then your games won't be visible but they appear when you log into the eShop and exit.

Sutenvulf

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, how exactly do you go about getting .3ds games running off the SD card rather than a physical card?, I've followed Plailects guide to downgrade from 9.9 to 9.2 on a new N3DS and am at the end of part 2, do I first need to install RXTools or is it possible to follow the guide to part 5, put aureinand or cakesfw on and install cias through an app on one of those? I actually followed the guide to the letter on another N3DS which is now damaged, tried installing game cias through FBI but it was coming back with an error after an attempt at install or am I using the wrong app altogether?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, how exactly do you go about getting .3ds games running off the SD card rather than a physical card?, I've followed Plailects guide to downgrade from 9.9 to 9.2 on a new N3DS and am at the end of part 2, do I first need to install RXTools or is it possible to follow the guide to part 5, put aureinand or cakesfw on and install cias through an app on one of those? I actually followed the guide to the letter on another N3DS which is now damaged, tried installing game cias through FBI but it was coming back with an error after an attempt at install or am I using the wrong app altogether?
You can't use .3ds files - they are for flashcarts. At the end of the guide you'll have FBI injected into Health & Safety and you can install CIA files through that.

Is this in regards to the games failing to appear on SysNAND or EmuNAND?
EmuNAND. You disable wireless on SysNAND, boot into EmuNAND, and it will allow you to cancel the end of the system transfer process. In EmuNAND, you won't see all your games, but then, in EmuNAND, you log into the eShop, and when you exit, all your games appear.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmuNAND. You disable wireless on SysNAND, boot into EmuNAND, and it will allow you to cancel the end of the system transfer process. In EmuNAND, you won't see all your games, but then, in EmuNAND, you log into the eShop, and when you exit, all your games appear.

Fantastic responses, thank you!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay, so I got two o3dses downgraded to 9.2, rxTools, emunand and all that jazz is all set up! Only issue is, well, I used tinyformat on my sysnand, and I think you know what that means when it comes to themehax. Themehax is gone, and I really really really don't want to suffer trying to get browserhax working on sysnand again, to install themehax.

Is there any sort of other way to get themehax installed? I can get into rxTools easy, and install Homebrew menu cia on my emunand, but it doesn't allow me to install Themehax on sysnand from there!

I just wanna coldboot rxTools, but not suffer browserhax again!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay, so I got two o3dses downgraded to 9.2, rxTools, emunand and all that jazz is all set up! Only issue is, well, I used tinyformat on my sysnand, and I think you know what that means when it comes to themehax. Themehax is gone, and I really really really don't want to suffer trying to get browserhax working on sysnand again, to install themehax.

Is there any sort of other way to get themehax installed? I can get into rxTools easy, and install Homebrew menu cia on my emunand, but it doesn't allow me to install Themehax on sysnand from there!

I just wanna coldboot rxTools, but not suffer browserhax again!
Sorry unless you have Oothax or Cubic Ninja, browserhax is your only option. :(

dn*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on Sysnand 4.5, with a GW Emunand 9.5 and GW files on my blue/red card from 14~ months ago.

There isn't much in the way of tutorials that approach CFW from 4.5, and I was wondering if someone could give me some specific pointers as I appear to be a giant nub (Quantumcat already helped a bit, thanks!)

I think RXtools is what I want to go for, and Quantumcat mentioned that the only way I can go about it on 4.5 is via the DS Profile Exploit. What I'm not sure is how to do this. I mean, I can run the exploit with my Red GW card and it boots me into my Emunand 9.5 but I've no idea how this works with the CFW. I've never used a browser exploit (I think).
Ideally if someone had some time this week to hang out on IRC with me and chat through it, that would be ideal :D

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just downgraded my o3ds from 9.4 to 9.2 and just started installing cia files through PastaCFW (i'm very new to this)
I installed Colors3DS and Pokemon Firered(GBA VC) through BigBlueBox.
Colors3DS works fine but my problem starts with Pokemon. Whenever I start it, it just gives me " an error has occurred hold down the power button etc"
am I missing something here?
I'm accessing PastaCFW through Ninjhax=>HBL on my Sky3ds.
Can anyone guide me on this :lol:?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q