Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,582,758
  • Replies 53,821
  • Likes 44

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
im a bit afraid of those downgrade techniques, i heard they could lead to brick :s Which is the safer one?

It's rare that a brick could occur, but if you read EVERYTHING first before attempting it, it's actually really safe.

Reactions: Just Passing By

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
If I import a new Japanese N3DS from Amazon JP will I be able to install CFW for free on it? Or is it too late? Not sure what to look for.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If I import a new Japanese N3DS from Amazon JP will I be able to install CFW for free on it? Or is it too late? Not sure what to look for.
You will have problems if it comes with firmware 8.1. In that case you'll be limited to Gateway or you can try whatever the latest method is for upgrading 8.1J consoles (it is tricky because they don't come with web browsers, and Ninjhax 2.5, which is the only *hax available for consoles with no browsers, doesn't work on 8.1).
If you can't find out the firmware, you could still find out what year it is copyright. If it is 2015 or 2016 (not 2014) that should be OK.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
got a question
how do you create multiple emunand? specifically a gateway compatible emunand and another emunand to be used with cakes (as far as I know, only cakes support multi emunand atm)
I found multi emunand creator tool here https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/ but have no idea how to use it

in case anyone wondering, I know gateway and cakes can share same emunand. but I need multiple emunand so I can have both linked and unlinked emunand in a single sd card
thanks

rayu-x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wtz up?

Some doubts:
1.- I got a old 3ds with 4.5.0.10U and the ambassador program, if i put a cfw will lose all the data from the program? If yes, there is a way to prevent this?
2.- What is the best and easy method to put a CFW on it without hard mode or another cartridge?
3.- I also got a old 3ds XL 10.6.0.31U with some eshop games on it, i will lost all my games and save data if i downgrade and put a CFW on it? Can i prevent the data loss? (i am aware of the need of TLOZ OOT for the downgrade)
4.- What is the best CFW for both of the systems and why? I will like to play games from all regions and use some cheats.

Thx for the time.

Kanozu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, so I wanted to ask a question. I'm a total newbie on this, but I have an Old 3DS XL that previously used only browserhax (worked perfectly fine), but I accidentally upgraded to 10.6 and now it obviously doesn't work anymore.
Is there a way (without using OOT, Cubic Ninja or any flashcards) to downgrade it ? I've read multiple things but I'm not sure I understand everything.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can someone explain me how to use Decrypt9/What it can do...in super simple terms? Unless its explained in the topic for it itself...Then I'd like a link to the page in question...

jitterbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently updated to 9.2 and installed themehax to autoboot the homebrew launcher but this changed my gateway emunand theme to a blank theme. If I access my theme manager to change it (even in my emunand) I lose my coldboot auto homebrew launcher and it just boots to the sysnand like normal forcing me to go through the entire annoying setup process again.

Is there another way to set up autoboot to homebrew launcher and be able to use my damn themes?

I've come along way in my quest to set up my 3DS how I want it but I keep hitting little snags like this and you guys have so far been very helpful. So Thanks again for everyone who has helped me along the way.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you need to unlink emunand and sysnand...you can do that in two ways: use the system format option in sysnand with the SD card out of the 3ds or running Tinyformat in sysnand...

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently updated to 9.2 and installed themehax to autoboot the homebrew launcher but this changed my gateway emunand theme to a blank theme. If I access my theme manager to change it (even in my emunand) I lose my coldboot auto homebrew launcher and it just boots to the sysnand like normal forcing me to go through the entire annoying setup process again.

Is there another way to set up autoboot to homebrew launcher and be able to use my damn themes?

I've come along way in my quest to set up my 3DS how I want it but I keep hitting little snags like this and you guys have so far been very helpful. So Thanks again for everyone who has helped me along the way.
themehax is now called homemenuhax
you can use theme but you need to set it using the menuhax manager https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax#themes
so basically it's like this (correct me if I'm wrong)
to set sysnand theme: use menuhax manager
to set linked emunand theme: as far as I know, there is no way to do this
to set unlinked emunand theme: change theme as usual using the top left menu in the home screen

jitterbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themehax is now called homemenuhax
you can use theme but you need to set it using the menuhax manager https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax#themes
so basically it's like this (correct me if I'm wrong)
to set sysnand theme: use menuhax manager
to set linked emunand theme: as far as I know, there is no way to do this
to set unlinked emunand theme: change theme as usual using the top left menu in the home screen

Are you saying that if I unlink my gateway emunand (which I was planning on doing anyway) before setting a theme, this issue will not occur?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
-1) Unlink Emunand
-2) Setup menuhax in sysnand
-3) In menuhax manager choose the option to set a custom theme or the one to use a basic theme as a custom theme for your sysnand (if you want to use a theme in sysnand)
-4) In emunand change theme normally or install a custom theme .cia or a custhom theme through CHMM2 accessed from the homebrew launcher in Emunand (with the HBL.cia for example) or CHMM
2.cia installed on Emunand...^^

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying that if I unlink my gateway emunand (which I was planning on doing anyway) before setting a theme, this issue will not occur?
yes, and since you're planning to do it anyway you can do these steps
unlink emunand, set theme normally on the unlinked emunand, setup menuhax (in case the last steps breaks the coldboot), setup sysnand theme using menuhax manager

jitterbob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have followed this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Basically I have everything set up so that I can play GBA Virtual Console games. Now my final issue is not being able to use the red Gateway card with the .3ds files stored on it. Now the RXtools emunand is completely formatted over my old gateway nand as I understand it. So the old GWemunand no longer exists. Can I just use a different SD card for gateway, or it more complicated than that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Most kids in USA get june-August off for summer.