• Views 4,582,758
  • Replies 53,821
  • Likes 44

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello, I'm just having a simple problem with my Pokemon Red Version CIA. Whenever I try to open it from EmuNAND it gets stuck on the "Nintendo 3DS" logo. Can anyone please tell me if there is a fix to this?

Critical_Impact

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I have a N3DS on 9.2E and installed menuhax, booted into gateway then installed emunand. Emunand works fine while it's on 9.2 but as soon as I try to update it to the latest version the next time I try to boot into the emunand I get a loading screen which then goes to a black screen. Is there something I've missed?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a N3DS on 9.2E and installed menuhax, booted into gateway then installed emunand. Emunand works fine while it's on 9.2 but as soon as I try to update it to the latest version the next time I try to boot into the emunand I get a loading screen which then goes to a black screen. Is there something I've missed?

you probably need to update your firmware.bin

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got emunand on 9.2.0-20U (fresh downgrade) using cakes.
I've seen that FIre emblem Fates requires 10.3.

Should i update emunand to 10.6? will it work with Cakes?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering if someone could help me out with Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS NTR plugin. Mine doesn't seem to work & keeps freezing my system. I copied the Game IDs & the codes below to a notepad file & renamed it the cheat.plg *or whatever is the correct name & file type*. Via the translation I don't see anything that says to download the file so stuck making 1. Just looking for help to get it to work or if some1 can share their working plugin *which I doubt since no1 has posted 1 here*.

Kotomine Kirei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me with this problem?

I downgraded an old 3DS from 10.6 to 9.2, reinstalled Ninjhax for 9.2, installed PastaCFW and tried to run an app installer (not .3dsx)
However, upon doing so I was met with the following error:
"Install failed!
fileName.ext
Source: SOURCE_APP_INIT (0x3)
Module: MODULE_NN_SRV (0x19)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED (0x6)
Press Start to continue."
So I tried disabling FirmLaunch in PastaCFW's options and retried to install the app.
This time this appeared:
"Install failed!
fileName.ext
Source: SOURCE_APP_WRITE (0x6)
Module: MODULE_NN_FS (0x6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0x8)
Description: <unknown> (0x18a)
Press Start to continue."
I am not sure what to do.
I have tried formatting the system and erasing the SD card but to no avail.
I doubt that it matters, but, just in case it somehow does, I will mention that I pressed A on "Format emuNAND" before any of this.
Also, a while ago before I updated to 10.6 from 9.2, I was able to install apps just fine.
Could I get some help with solving this issue please?

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a couple more questions:

I know oot3dhax has various versions of the payload for various models and versions of 3ds. I currently have it loaded with the newest one. Are these backwards compatible with older versions of 3DS firmware or is each one version specific? Namely if I downgrade my New 3DS XL, will the newest version of oot3dhax still work on 9.2/whatever or will it need one of the older payloads?

Once I have worked my way entirely through the guide everyone keeps showing here (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)) what exactly is the process for updating the emuNAND (which has taken the place of sysNAND) in the future when newer firmwares are released?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a couple more questions:

I know oot3dhax has various versions of the payload for various models and versions of 3ds. I currently have it loaded with the newest one. Are these backwards compatible with older versions of 3DS firmware or is each one version specific? Namely if I downgrade my New 3DS XL, will the newest version of oot3dhax still work on 9.2/whatever or will it need one of the older payloads?

Once I have worked my way entirely through the guide everyone keeps showing here (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(Downgrading)) what exactly is the process for updating the emuNAND (which has taken the place of sysNAND) in the future when newer firmwares are released?

Each payload is firmware specific unfortunately. So when you downgrade its a good idea to plan ahead. Eg. On 9.2 browserhax still works so you can use that to get in and immediately reinstall your original entrypoint for your new firmware. To update your emunand you need to enter whatever CFW you have (they all access the same emunand) and enter system settings. Almost all of them will have some extra writing next to your fw version so that you know your in emunand. Once here you can update via system settings and you should have an updated emunand and a sysnand on a lower FW. Just make sure you dont exit system settings when youre in emunand as that will kick you back into sysnand, which you dont want to update. Its good to edit folders/home menu placement in general in sysnand as youll know when youre in sysnand or in emunand as they will be different

slickochet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Each payload is firmware specific unfortunately. So when you downgrade its a good idea to plan ahead. Eg. On 9.2 browserhax still works so you can use that to get in and immediately reinstall your original entrypoint for your new firmware. To update your emunand you need to enter whatever CFW you have (they all access the same emunand) and enter system settings. Almost all of them will have some extra writing next to your fw version so that you know your in emunand. Once here you can update via system settings and you should have an updated emunand and a sysnand on a lower FW. Just make sure you dont exit system settings when youre in emunand as that will kick you back into sysnand, which you dont want to update. Its good to edit folders/home menu placement in general in sysnand as youll know when youre in sysnand or in emunand as they will be different

Ah yes, I've heard of suggestions to make folders called SYSNAND and EMUNAND in each respective homepage so you can tell which is which easily.
So the emunand system settings update will automatically update the emunand? That's very handy. I thought it would be a much more elaborate process after seeing how much is involved to get the emunand on there...
Thanks for the reply!

Reactions: naivegirl2411

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ah yes, I've heard of suggestions to make folders called SYSNAND and EMUNAND in each respective homepage so you can tell which is which easily.
So the emunand system settings update will automatically update the emunand? That's very handy. I thought it would be a much more elaborate process after seeing how much is involved to get the emunand on there...
Thanks for the reply!
Make sure you unlink your NANDs first :)
Im looking for a thread that explains sysnand/emunand and where FBI installs to when choosing sd/nand. Could anyone help me find it?
It's in the end of the first post :) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i've got emunand on 9.2.0-20U (fresh downgrade) using cakes.
I've seen that FIre emblem Fates requires 10.3.

Should i update emunand to 10.6? will it work with Cakes?
Yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Brb.....yawn.....I'm back