• Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks you :)
Some questions :)
All I need to do are boot to RX-EmuNAND, click System Update, wait some minutes, right?
How long does it takes?
What is the lastest version of firmware I can go to now?
Can I still use themehax?
Yep, your steps for updating look good.

How long it takes depends on your internet speed. On a 70Mb/s download speed it takes roughly 5-10 minutes.

You can go up to 10.6 on emuNAND.

Yes, you can still use Themehax.

Reactions: x_master_1234

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, your steps for updating look good.

How long it takes depends on your internet speed. On a 70Mb/s download speed it takes roughly 5-10 minutes.

You can go up to 10.6 on emuNAND.

Yes, you can still use Themehax.
Yeah, thanks. xD
My game and FBI in my emuNAND won't be deleted after update, right?

Last edited by x_master_1234,

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told to update my rxtools to "nighties" from this site: https://lavanoid.github.io/

seems like its discontinued, whats the newest most up to date rxtools atm? Also do i update by just replacing the old files with new once on my sd card?
rxTools 3.0 Nightly is good, you can use it.
Official theard of rxTools is in gbatemp, you can see for more infomation.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was told to update my rxtools to "nighties" from this site: https://lavanoid.github.io/

seems like its discontinued, whats the newest most up to date rxtools atm? Also do i update by just replacing the old files with new once on my sd card?
Try using the rxTools Beta 2 from here.

I'm not sure which version of rxTools you're updating from, so the update could be as simple as replacing the old files with the new ones, or you might need to do some additional steps.

The download comes with a quick start guide though, so that should help you get it set up. There's also a complete tutorial for rxTools here if the quick start guide doesn't help.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
since my unanswered question has been buried in pile of posts, so.. here it is again :D

just need to confirm something
so with arm9loaderhax, do I still need to be in 9.2 or below to use gateway/CFW/anything? or can I update to the latest FW?
and if I'm updated to 10.6, can I downgrade/restore from backup NAND to be on 9.2 again?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
since my unanswered question has been buried in pile of posts, so.. here it is again :D

just need to confirm something
so with arm9loaderhax, do I still need to be in 9.2 or below to use gateway/CFW/anything? or can I update to the latest FW?
and if I'm updated to 10.6, can I downgrade/restore from backup NAND to be on 9.2 again?
I think even with Arm9loaderhax you still need to be on 9.2 to use CFW etc.... You'd need somebody who's tried this to confirm that though.

You can downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2 with a NAND backup, but you'd need a hardmod to do so.

Reactions: Garou

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have managed to separate my NANDs, but now when I use Type 2 Menuhax I am stuck in a loop with CTRBOOTMNGR cycling unless I hold L AFTER the first boot into CTRBOOTMNGR.. Hopefully thats easier to understand than explain!

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have managed to separate my NANDs, but now when I use Type 2 Menuhax I am stuck in a loop with CTRBOOTMNGR cycling unless I hold L AFTER the first boot into CTRBOOTMNGR.. Hopefully thats easier to understand than explain!
Yep, the issue is that Menuhax is installed on both sysNAND and emuNAND. Fortunately, there's an easy solution.

As soon as you're booting into emuNAND, hold the L button. You should boot into emuNAND. Change your emuNAND's theme. Menuhax should no longer affect emuNAND.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I think even with Arm9loaderhax you still need to be on 9.2 to use CFW etc.... You'd need somebody who's tried this to confirm that though.

You can downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2 with a NAND backup, but you'd need a hardmod to do so.
oh okay, I thought with a9lh we can already have access to the system very early where basically almost anything possible even in the latest FW :P

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh okay, I thought with a9lh we can already have access to the system very early where basically almost anything possible even in the latest FW :P
I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anything about A9hl negating the firmware requirement. So I assume you still need to be on 9.2. I don't have a hard mod to test it, or I'd try it myself.

Reactions: Garou

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, the issue is that Menuhax is installed on both sysNAND and emuNAND. Fortunately, there's an easy solution.

As soon as you're booting into emuNAND, hold the L button. You should boot into emuNAND. Change your emuNAND's theme. Menuhax should no longer affect emuNAND.

Thank you! For some reason however when I hold L after the CTRBOOTMNGR selection menu, it puts me into SysNand (I know as my H+S in my emunand was FBI).. Should I swap out CTRBOOTMNGR for something else? Appreciated.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! For some reason however when I hold L after the CTRBOOTMNGR selection menu, it puts me into SysNand (I know as my H+S in my emunand was FBI).. Should I swap out CTRBOOTMNGR for something else? Appreciated.
If you injected FBI over the H&S app before you unlinked, it will be there on emuNAND as well.

You could change CTRBootManager to the HBL and set up a boot entry for the CFW you're using in the HBL. After that, boot the CFW from the HBL and hold the L button as it's booting (if you're using rxTools, this will open the rxTools menu. Manually boot emuNAND from the menu, and hold L while it's booting). This should allow you to get into emuNAND.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
one more question
after you downgrade to 2.1 to get OTP.bin, you need to upgrade back to 9.2 right?
which one is the preferred method to get back to 9.2? create 9.2 FW CIA using 3DNUS and upgrade using DevMenu/BBM, upgrade using cart, or restore 9.2 sysNAND backup?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
restore 9.2 sysNAND backup?
I haven't been reading too much on A9LH or OTB, but pretty sure this is most efficient.

You can always miss a file with option 1.
And cart may have something weird.

So why not use something you are familar with?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been reading too much on A9LH or OTB, but pretty sure this is most efficient.

You can always miss a file with option 1.
And cart may have something weird.

So why not use something you are familar with?
actually I was thinking what is the most commonly used by the community here
I suspect it is the restore sysNAND backup, but just want to make sure :)

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying 2DS and just want to one query and get two quick confirmations.

1) If you can exploit everything through SDcard what are people using flash cards for?

2) 10.4-10.6 Cannot be downgraded, no exploits

3) 10.3 and lower are wide open and exploitable, no need for anything lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1