• Views 4,459,594
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 9.2 recently downgraded from 10.3.

How do I use Tinyformatter to keep my data (NNID, Friendcode, Games and Saves) on Emunand for Reinand? I found a tutorial that says:

But I think this would whipe my data and it doesn't have Tinyformat in this tutorial.
It will wipe your data, but that's why you make the SD card backup. You can restore the SD card backup and all of your data will be back.

Reactions: Gameboy Color

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm on 9.9 firmware (default firmware of my newly bought n3ds) and if I opened the internet browser for the first time on it without tubehax dns, browserhax will never work for me, right? Just want to make sure, I hope I can still do it but if it's useless it's no use trying again. Smashbroshax is almost working but always glitches out and makes me restart my system, super frustrating. Will formating my system allow browserhax to work again?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible for me to get fire emblem fates special edition jpn and install the dlc with english patch 3.0 as a cia file? i remember awhile back it wasnt possible now i want to know if i can install it in gateway cfw
It still isn't possible to get the DLC with english patch working.

Lucius203

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys. I just got a n3ds 9.0E. I'm gonna install ReiNAND. Is there anyway to play new games that require 9.9? Update the emuNAND directly is possible, right?

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To get started, there's a tutorial to set up rxTools here.

After you've set up rxTools, you can decide whether or not you want to update your sysNAND to 9.2 for Menuhax.

If you do want to update sysNAND to 9.2, you'll need to grab SysUpdater and the 9.2.0-20 update cias from "some iso site."

You'll need to boot into rxTools' devmode/pasta mode and use SysUpdater to update. You MUST use rxTools' devmode/pasta mode or Pasta CFW to use SysUpdater! Otherwise you will brick your 3DS!

I can't seem to get this working. I'm getting error opening FBI TMD. I've got SysUpdater and the update but I can't actually get FBI to inject. I'm on 6.2, using the latest rxTools and latest FBI CIA.

Last edited by gameking66,

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was downgrading my n3ds I got an error that forced me to close my 3ds. When I booted it back up it was two black screens, so I thought I softbricked it. I took out the sd card and the 3ds worked again. I checked the system settings and it was 9.2 fw, which surprised me! I'm not sure if all the cias installed because of the error, should I try to "downgrade" again to get all the cia files installed? I'm scared that I'll get another error and really softbrick and get banished to 10.5 limbo. I used tuxsh's sysupdater btw

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to get this working. I'm getting error opening FBI TMD. I've got SysUpdater and the update but I can't actually get FBI to inject. I'm on 6.2, using the latest rxTools and latest FBI CIA.
Which step of which tutorial are you on?

When I was downgrading my n3ds I got an error that forced me to close my 3ds. When I booted it back up it was two black screens, so I thought I softbricked it. I took out the sd card and the 3ds worked again. I checked the system settings and it was 9.2 fw, which surprised me! I'm not sure if all the cias installed because of the error, should I try to "downgrade" again to get all the cia files installed? I'm scared that I'll get another error and really softbrick and get banished to 10.5 limbo. I used tuxsh's sysupdater btw
If you can verify that everything is working fine as is, I wouldn't worry about it. If something isn't working correctly, you might want to try reinstalling the update cias.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which step of which tutorial are you on?
Trying to Inject FBI in order to update to 9.2. I believe I need the right FBI TMD file but I don't know which one that is. The latest rxtools 2.5 only has ONE .app file and no TMD, and I have no clue which one I need from the other releases (3.0 Alpha has v0, v1026, and v2051).

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying to Inject FBI in order to update to 9.2. I believe I need the right FBI TMD file but I don't know which one that is. The latest rxtools 2.5 only has ONE .app file and no TMD, and I have no clue which one I need from the other releases (3.0 Alpha has v0, v1026, and v2051).
First, the FBI injection for sysNAND and let it fail. It should tell you which TMD version you need.

Bubbleshark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just downgraded my n3ds to 9.2, I updated my emunand with reinand to 10.5 ... and now when I boot I have a black screen.

I saw that I needed to put my reinand on the 3.2b version but I can't seem to understand how to.
https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand

As for how I boot, my n3ds usually boots to HBL and I select either rxtools or reinand. Should I just find an updated reinand folder and replace it in my SD card?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I found a link https://mega.nz/#!10IDUAZB!XL91XXxPT8TIfTZkNa5xKOBL7vJqZzntOvS5OJ1x1ic
Now my reinand is working again!

Last edited by Bubbleshark,

KingManu23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just updated my old 3d's xl from fw v7.1 to 9.2 using the.cooking mama game cart. Now I want to install cfw with rxtools fbi etc. Do I need to purchase a 3ds gateway card from r43ds.com or is there a cheaper or free method to play 3ds game roms? What's the best guide that is easy to follow for a 3ds n00b? Thanks

Bubbleshark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have just updated my old 3d's xl from fw v7.1 to 9.2 using the.cooking mama game cart. Now I want to install cfw with rxtools fbi etc. Do I need to purchase a 3ds gateway card from r43ds.com or is there a cheaper or free method to play 3ds game roms? What's the best guide that is easy to follow for a 3ds n00b? Thanks

No need to buy anything else than a bigger SD card to put games on it.

Go there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-easy-complete-comprehensive-cfw-guide-for-everyone.408685/

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to make a mess of my 3DS... After following the guide and properly installing things and formatting to force emuNAND (with the EXCEPTION of loading up rxTools -> Title Manager H&S INSTEAD of using the QR Code shown there), I am now booting to the Homebrew Channel and then crashing when I try to launch any CFW from there. I just want to boot into emuNAND/rxTools mode by default :S

What do I do from here? I'm not even sure what's installed on which NAND anymore.

I can boot into rxTools just fine if I hold down buttons to prevent the autoboot, and then trigger it via Web Browser (from there choosing sys/emu), but I want to autoboot rxTools.

Last edited by gameking66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too...