• Views 4,476,487
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

Gordons Alive!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been looking at guides in preparation for my gateway card arriving and I'm not sure if they are old as quite a few of them say to use 2.7 omega for my firmware (4.4) but on the gateway site I cant see older versions so ive just downloaded the ultra 3.4.1. I assume this will work providing I set it up correctly. Is there anything else obvious I need to go with the GW fileset or is that pretty much it?

Sorry for the slew of questions but I keep coming across posts referring to downgrading your emuNAND and what not. I guess I just want to make sure I don't mess things up. I'm assuming things will be easier as I'm on older firmware so less to do. On the other hand I don't know if it would be beneficial to upgrade to 9.2 or does it not matter?

Last edited by Gordons Alive!,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update my 3ds so I could system transfer my stuff to my new 3ds and it now freezes at black start up. Will deleting menu haxs from my sd card fix it?

nvm. removing the memory card was enough to get past the black screen

Last edited by chartube12,

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, i will proceed with the downgrade tomorrow. =)

The website claims those are the correct values. (as in they're written in the page itself and it's the md5 of the downloaded file, tho they both differ from the md5 suggested in the gbatemp guide)
So yeah maybe they're just different files altogether (maybe compressed differently)

Unlikely, I know what site you're talking about, I downloaded my 9.2 CIAS from there, they matched fine.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at the last step of the tutorial found here via the attached .rtf file. In Step 6, it lists unlinking the Sysnand and the Emunand as being 'optional'. Do I want to do this? I have a ton of games purchased from the eShop and would like to continue buying more of course.

At this point in the process, my system has copyied everything back to the mSD after I formatted the Emunand. Nothing was unlinked prior (NNID).

edit: I've decided to try a different tutorial. The one I followed above I had various issues with figuring stuff out and so I'm going to give this one a shot - it seems much more in depth. Not to knock the original in any way, I just want to make sure I'm understanding each and every step and what it's doing.

Last edited by Kadin,

alteredmoniker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried downgrading my n3dsxl the other day with SafeSysUpdater but got a partial downgrade. Settings/Browser won't launch. I bought Shovel Knight since I heard that was a way to update back to 9.8 and start the process over, but I'm not having any luck. When I boot with the SD Card out and launch Shovel Knight I get the option to launch software (which hangs on the 3ds splash/loading screen) or to launch the e-shop to update (which hangs at a white screen).

Any advice?

iv2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unlikely, I know what site you're talking about, I downloaded my 9.2 CIAS from there, they matched fine.

I'm trying to run the sysUpdater right now, however as i do, instead of getting the usual screen with the red text, i get a full black screen (i'm able to reboot and retry tho).
Could you PM me where you downloaded the files? Maybe it's due corrupted files.

*edit*

Nope, the files were good, i succesfully downgraded my n3ds xl after a few extra tries.
I'll update the feedback thread! =)

Last edited by iv2b,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on latest firmware on emunand on o3ds and badge arcade apparently still wants me to update (it shows RX-E 10.3 in the lower right corner)
what's going on here??

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone suggest a good version of rxtools to use for an old3ds? I have heard that some nightlies are better than others, etc but I am not sure where to find the best information.

Montebello

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to install RXTools in an old 3DS 1.0 and a 2.2 or are they too outdated to be exploited and can't be updated either because that would make them 10.4?

jman9912

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the old 3ds in a while. I'm on 7.x fw with rxtools and I normally go to launch.rxtools.net...it said it failed to load...So I tried it a couple times and sometimes it was telling me an error has occurred...After googling, I found the dukesrg.no-ip.org website and it just tells me an error has occurred.

I'm fairly new to 3ds and don't know a whole lot. I didn't have even trouble installing the software and getting games going with cias..But i'm not sure what to do now?

Any help is appreciated.

Volktio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone i have a n3ds 9.2 and i need help with this, i tried to create an emunand i followed all the steps from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...g-10-4-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ and everything was fine i backed up all my sd files including nand.bin and then i reinserted the sd card to complete the emunand and then the guide says that i need to remove the sd card again and put back all the files excluding nand.bin and then reinsert it and turn the n3ds off, wich i did, but then i tried to turned it on and it was on a black screen unless i remove the sd card, and now i cant even access to HBL and if i insert the sd card the home menu freezes. My pc doesnt recognize my sd card :c

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it normal after following this guide for all my eShop games that I previously had installed to not show up anywhere? If so, how do I get access to them again? The size of my mSD hasn't changed so I know they're still on there, they didn't get deleted. I don't even think my NNID is on the system as everything got reset. Also, I did not do a system format, just the format of the sysnand to do the unlink.

Last edited by Kadin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1