• Views 4,525,123
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"a language problem" is not what i'd call having asked the same question for multiple days with no one even replying.
so i'm "no one"?
Remember that your question may not be answered simply because it confusion and answer may not be known (why I gave up)
Can I do the normal system update to get it back to 10.3 then try to downgrade back to 9.2 again? If I do that, would it affect my ability to access my old games and its saves?
Yes

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sooooo. I ask again.

What's the best way to just restore my SD from my SD backup and NAND dump? I couldn't care less for CFW and "free games" at this point. I just want my 3DS back, gosh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so i'm "no one"?

I like you. You tried to help. The question I'm referring to is "how do i just give up on this and restore my 3DS to the state it was before i formatted for emuNAND"

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I could gain access to the Nintendo Eshop and download DLC and game updates on EmuNAND 9.2?
N3DS or O3DS?
On O3DS, you can just update via system setting to 10.3

On N3DS, You need to update to 9.5 and follow this,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/page-32#post-5958638

Not sure if that's yes for both questions or just the first half of it (upgrade -> downgrade).
Yes, and it won't effect your save.
Oh, 10.4 is confirmed today?

I like you. You tried to help. The question I'm referring to is "how do i just give up on this and restore my 3DS to the state it was before i formatted for emuNAND"
Ah I see. Don't exaggerate with no one then.
Sorry, no idea.

Reactions: solitonmedic

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh okay, I gotcha now.

Can I do the normal system update to get it back to 10.3 then try to downgrade back to 9.2 again? If I do that, would it affect my ability to access my old games and its saves?

I did the injection method for my DevMenu and (stupidly) forgot to keep the original hs.app copy.
you dont need to do that all you need is the rxtools folder on your sd card then to run it it should then boot you to emunand and so your games as well
Download the recommended RxTools build for this guide here
TEMPORARY MIRROR LINK: Here

Download Python version 2.7
Direct Windows installer link
If you are using Windows, right-click the rxtools.rar and open Properties. If at the bottom, it says the file is blocked, check "Unblock" and Apply. This should take care of any problems you have with the following steps.

Mac users: If you're having problems running rxtools (black screens, Installation Suite errors, etc.) try extracting the rxtools zip using a reputable .zip extractor or a Windows PC (or virtualbox).

Backup and delete any "rxtools" folder that you may have on your SD card before doing the following steps!

1. Put the "rxtools" folder on your SD card root.
2. Run cdn_firm.py in the "Tools" folder. It will generate a firm folder in the same folder that cdn_firm.py is in. The firm folder must go into the rxTools folder like so: SD:/rxtools/firm
3. If your 3DS is below 7.x firmware: Get "slot0x25KeyX.bin" (Hint: google it, download link should be in the description of a certain youtube video :ph34r:) (MD5: 817FD1BFFBA60F79CF8CDF19CAF28923). Put this file on your SD card root.

For ninjhax users, you also need to get the "rxtools" folder (found inside the ninjhax folder from the rxtools zip) and put it alongside your other homebrew apps, like FBI.

Part 3 - Launch rxTools for the first time!
To launch from the internet browser: boot up your 3DS
Open your 3DS internet Browser and go to https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin (you should bookmark this. To do so, turn off your WiFi, then attempt to connect to the URL. It will fail; now you can open the browser menu and bookmark it.)
If it fails or gives you an error, click the wrench icon and clear cookies and history before trying again. If that doesn't work, clear all save data as well (should be at the very bottom of the browser settings).
To launch from Cubic Ninja, start the game and go into the QR option to boot the homebrew launcher. Select rxtools!

Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu if it is sending you back to the homemenu!!!

isnt 10.4 out
no

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any way to update to 9.5 without screwing anything up? Do I update through sysUpdater or BBM?
i used a sysUpdater, CIA version.

No clue on BBM. All I know BBM is advance DevMenu, but generally I use FBI and sysUpdater.
Remember to remove themehax on emuNAND if you have it there.

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah I see. Don't exaggerate with no one then.
Sorry, no idea.
You've so far been the first person except wormdood (who said "just format your SD card, it's easy") to reply to my question of how to reload my 3ds from backup. You tried to help me get my games over to emuNAND. That question has been answered. This is a different one.

What's the point in making the backup if i can't use it?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump please :)
you quoted the wrong post when you bump that.

Erm, you had Menuhax in emuNAND and RXtools?
That bound the be a problem......
You can have Menuhax in sysNAND, but not the above.

Try to uninstall Menuhax from emuNAND via changing theme. Otherwise, delete the extdata file that relates to home menu them of the emunand folder of the sd card

You've so far been the first person except wormdood (who said "just format your SD card, it's easy") to reply to my question of how to reload my 3ds from backup. You tried to help me get my games over to emuNAND. That question has been answered. This is a different one.

Well i'm iffy myself on the EmuNAND and the partition stuff.

But in regarding to your question with restoring the back up before the whole emuNAND stuff, saying "just format your SD card" is not wrong.
By formatting your SD card, you should be removing your partition, thus bring it back to (ex of using 32 gb) 32 gb card where it was 29 gb after the emuNAND stuff.
After that, you can restore your back up and everything be good to go.

Other then that, i'm not sure.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol that is not the question i answered the one below . . . because you care not for cfw so delete it and shut up kid

now can SOMEONE JUST TELL ME WHAT THE BEST WAY TO RE-FORMAT MY SD CARD IS
I DONT CARE JACK SHIT FOR CFW. I HAD A GRAND TOTAL OF 0 GAMES TO PIRATE AND 0 HOMEBREWS PLANNED TO INSTALL ANYWAY.

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: YyAoMmIi

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i'm iffy myself on the EmuNAND and the partition stuff.

But in regarding to your question with restoring the back up before the whole emuNAND stuff, saying "just format your SD card" is not wrong.
By formatting your SD card, you should be removing your partition, thus bring it back to (ex of using 32 gb) 32 gb card where it was 29 gb after the emuNAND stuff.
After that, you can restore your back up and everything be good to go.

Other then that, i'm not sure.

but then i'll still end up with a faulty identifier. there's something about gateway being able to restore from NAND.bin here?

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you dont need to do that all you need is the rxtools folder on your sd card then to run it it should then boot you to emunand and so your games as well

no
So, I installed rxtools according to the guide you quoted, it said that rxtools installed successfully but then it softbricked the console during reboot. I rebooted it manually and now it'd just boot back to sysNAND.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that is not the question i answered the one below . . . because you care not for cfw so delete it and shut up kid
Good point. This subforums is flashcarts and CFW.

So, I installed rxtools according to the guide you quoted, it said that rxtools installed successfully but then it softbricked the console during reboot. I rebooted it manually and now it'd just boot back to sysNAND.
if you soft brick in emunand and it regarding rxtools, remember to uninstall themehax by changing theme or by deleting the theme folder in the extdata of the emunand folder of the sd card

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm . . . did you hold "L" during the rxtools splash screen
also forgive me if i asked already but is this an o3ds or n3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Freedom* *(terms and conditions apply)