• Likes 43

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm . . . did you hold "L" during the rxtools splash screen
also forgive me if i asked already but is this an o3ds or n3ds?
Urgh, I should have mentioned it. This is N3DS.

And yeah, couldn't boot into HBL now lol. Already changed theme once to disable themehax too.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I forgot.
emunand9 homebrew program then.
Good luck now, lunch break almost over.
DlW3tUf.png

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you need a dffrernt firmware.bin file hold on i think i got a link . . .
So, uh, which rxtools should I use now? I used the one from this guide earlier before I started over, but now it gives me grey bars across the screen (softbrick'd maybe?). I used the one you quoted in your reply, and that one always softbrick'd.

Should I... system format memory on sysnand again and start over again? lol

Hillage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question....I have updated my emuNAND on Gatweay to 9.5. My emuNAND and sysNAND are not currently linked. I have two issues/questions:
1. Whenever I go into emuNAND the .cia's that I have installed show as being "new" and have to open them again on the homescreen. I didn't have this issue previously and wanted to know if there is a fix?

2. Finally got connected to wifi and the Nintendo store I have updated Shovel Knight via the eShop to 2.2, but the update is not taking and the software still shows to e at 1.1 when I start the game. Anyway to get the update to take?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright soooo........ i just downgraded my n3ds to 9.2, and every single eshop game crashes. I took that as a sign to try emunand, so that the games that required 9.5+ would run. I tried installing rxtools, crashes every time, emunand9 tool, crashes, and gateway classic mode, which also crashes. Why is nothing working. The closest i have gotten to getting something to work is booting from pasta and installing a cia, that for some reason only shows up in pasta mode. Is there anyway to fix my emunand issues. Obviously N3ds 9.2.0-20.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to downgrade my 2nd new 3ds, but atm sysupdater gets stuck at the following:

#4 : Overwrite completed...
or
#5 : Restoring Slabheap backup...
or
#6 : setup fake vtable
or
or #7 : Clean memory and release kobjects..

7 is the furthest ive come.

Any tips?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, uh, which rxtools should I use now? I used the one from this guide earlier before I started over, but now it gives me grey bars across the screen (softbrick'd maybe?). I used the one you quoted in your reply, and that one always softbrick'd.

Should I... system format memory on sysnand again and start over again? lol
my fault if i knew it was a n3ds i would have advised you use this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT and install cakes cfw (rxtools is the best o3ds cfw while on the n3ds it is incomplete)
but the reasion for the softbrick if you did what i said is like i was saying you need to use the following quote to get the correct firmware.bin
firmware.bin with the MD5 B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6
  • you will find this by googling cakesforeverywan pastebin
and put it in the firm folder instead of the files in there now

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to downgrade my 2nd new 3ds, but atm sysupdater gets stuck at the following:

#4 : Overwrite completed...
or
#5 : Restoring Slabheap backup...
or
#6 : setup fake vtable
or
or #7 : Clean memory and release kobjects..

7 is the furthest ive come.

Any tips?
keep doing it, just keep trying. Took me 50+ tries. Just use menuhax and you'll be fine.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my fault if i knew it was a n3ds i would have advised you use this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT and install cakes cfw (rxtools is the best o3ds cfw while on the n3ds it is incomplete)
but the reasion for the softbrick if you did what i said is like i was saying you need to use the following quote to get the correct firmware.bin
and put it in the firm folder instead of the files in there now
Now that's new to me. No one on reddit ever mention about how rxtools is incomplete for n3ds, everyone said to just use rxtools for all (o3ds/n3ds).

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that's new to me. No one on reddit ever mention about how rxtools is incomplete for n3ds, everyone said to just use rxtools for all (o3ds/n3ds).
cuz reddit is full of noobs who read just enough here to run things on there own and never click provided links or simply repost gbatemp guides i only use reddit to find some cias
Or you can use rxTools (some features still don't work on n3ds, refer to this : https://gbatemp.net/posts/5705403/).
taken from this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT

blackmoor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sorry to ask again, but any thoughts on this:

O3ds running 9.2 SysNAND, RX-E 10.3.0-28E EmuNAND. Themehax rxtools autoboot. Eur console

I just bought a 7.1 O3DS XL. Was planning on first gateway hax it, format emunand->rxtools->install fbi health safety->unlink NANDS. Then make a copy of my older o3ds which has 17 games. Can I copy it's emunand and Inject/copy it (with content) to the new 03ds XL? Or do I have to install all games again (so slow, 3ds->nhh.bin->cia->FBI install)?

Another thing, why cant i read and accept Nintendo User agreement on emunand?

I got to connection test, succesful. Then "you must accept terms off..." I click read Now->"This service is not available in your region" ?

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cuz reddit is full of noobs who read just enough here to run things on there own and never click provided links or simply repost gbatemp guides i only use reddit to find some cias taken from this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT
Lawl. Anyhow, I think I'll backtrack and start over with the guide you linked then. Since my sysNAND doesn't have cia manager on it (and I went with the h&s injection route for DevMenu and that's also gone from my home menu somehow), where should I start in that guide?

Edit: I think I should clarify it a bit: when I did the injection method, my brain farted a bit and I somehow first injected devmenu into sysnand even though I already had emunand up by that point. Hence why my h&s disappeared from my sysnand home screen (and I couldn't find a clean hs.app copy anywhere either).

Last edited by Duplicated,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why my Smash Bros DLC and Home Themes uninstall when enter to the eshop?
Any way to fix it?

I told someone and he told me that it was because i already owned the DLC and themes when i was 10.0 with the same NNID

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk