• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lawl. Anyhow, I think I'll backtrack and start over with the guide you linked then. Since my sysNAND doesn't have cia manager on it (and I went with the h&s injection route for DevMenu and that's also gone from my home menu somehow), where should I start in that guide?
personally seeing as piracy can replace everything on your system except for your saves/ fc's i personally would format the sd card and the system and begin at the beginning
but without knowing all the steps you took that is the best advice i can think of atm :unsure:

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: I think I should clarify it a bit: when I did the injection method, my brain farted a bit and I somehow first injected devmenu into sysnand even though I already had emunand up by that point. Hence why my h&s disappeared from my sysnand home screen (and I couldn't find a clean hs.app copy anywhere either).
you know it will disappear if you are not loaded into cfw (rx mode sysnand) but show up when in cfw

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally seeing as piracy can replace everything on your system except for your saves/ fc's i personally would format the sd card and the system and begin at the beginning
but without knowing all the steps you took that is the best advice i can think of atm :unsure:
Well, I *do* have my saves backed up via svdt. With the exception of Pokemon X that uses save encryption (not sure if it'd block me out from accessing pokemon bank with it, but I do have pokemon AS physical copy linked to that same bank as well, so hopefully I should be able to access it that way), is it possible for me to inject them back in later on? Other game backed up this way (that I care about) is MH4U. The rest of them I have barely progressed through the game, so it's fine to wipe them all out anyway.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I *do* have my saves backed up via svdt. With the exception of Pokemon X that uses save encryption (not sure if it'd block me out from accessing pokemon bank with it, but I do have pokemon AS physical copy linked to that same bank as well, so hopefully I should be able to access it that way), is it possible for me to inject them back in later on? Other game backed up this way (that I care about) is MH4U. The rest of them I have barely progressed through the game, so it's fine to wipe them all out anyway.
oooo . . . . you got me there i have no idea i mean the save backup thing sounds like should work just fine but i have no personal exp with save file transfers on the 3ds
but before that did you see my above post (your edit was not there when i initially responded)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok i downgraded my n3ds to 9.2, i cant seem to start rx tools with the browser though (its a different browser then old 3ds aswell).

Any ideas?

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooo . . . . you got me there i have no idea i mean the save backup thing sounds like should work just fine but i have no personal exp with save file transfers on the 3ds
but before that did you see my above post (your edit was not there when i initially responded)
The one regarding h&s disappearing from sysnand? Yep I understand why it's gone now.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes you can . . .i dont use gateway so i have no link . . . but why not use menuhax to autoboot gateway they have a boot.3dsx version of the gateway launcher now (found on the gateway site). . .

Welp, I wanted to use that 'case I was more familiar with that method, since I used it for my friend N3ds. I've now installed menuhax instead, but how do I get to the gateway? I have a boot.3dsx in the 3ds sd card, but I have no idea if that its place or what.

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a O3DS with a 4.5 sysnand, and 4.5 emunand with a Gateway. Things were fine until a month ago when my gateway cart stopped working (the multi-rom menu wouldn't pop up) and rxTools got really buggy. So I formated my sysnand and started fresh with my O3DS. Not sure what to do next. I've read a little about the new exploits, but not sure of the optimal way to go about things.

side note
I can still get into gateway emunand mode
I have 2 MicroSD cards/adaptors 16GB and 32GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by zer01717,

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used a sysUpdater, CIA version.

No clue on BBM. All I know BBM is advance DevMenu, but generally I use FBI and sysUpdater.
Remember to remove themehax on emuNAND if you have it there.

I managed to update to 9.5 and updated Hans... but it's no good. I keep getting this error code called 022-2511. Still badgers me for a update.

Duplicated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick update: So I followed this guide (what I used initially anyway) and I'm back to RX-E 9.2.0-20U now, with all my games and saves still intact (WOOHOO!!). I guess I was using the wrong firmware.bin file beforehand. Do you have any guide on how to upgrade to 9.5 with access to eShop/Online play? I used this and this earlier, and that was when I got stuck trying to link NNID to my emuNAND: I tried all the tips for N3DS users, but none of them work. If I format the emunand's system memory, then it'd softbrick the console (in that tutorial, it said that shouldn't happen at all).

Another guy who had been helping me yesterday said that it could have been the NVer corrupting somehow when I patched, which then prevented me from linking the NNID with my emuNAND. I'm about to try something real quick and see if it works.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wormdood: I think I finally got it to work! Had to boot sysupdater 40+ times, but it seems to have worked at last.

The downgrade process completed, and everything seems to work so far -- about to set up emuNAND now.

Thanks for your help!

Hey, thought of another question: When should I set up a Nintendo Network ID? Do I even need one? Should I do that before setting up emuNAND?

Last edited by Smash Br0,
Reactions: wormdood

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my fault if i knew it was a n3ds i would have advised you use this guide [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT and install cakes cfw (rxtools is the best o3ds cfw while on the n3ds it is incomplete)
I thought cake is O3DS only, or was this wrong?
http://hackinformer.com/2015/07/03/beginners-guide-cfw-3ds/

if rxtools is incomplete on N3DS, is it recommend to use at all?
I used this tutorial to get CFW, and everything is working, and seeing no problem now I installed all my CIA and such.

Asking since i'm getting the impression from that post that all N3DS should switch to cakes for their CFW.

If it rxtools is working fine, don't worry? or should I worry and switch to cakes and how would I do that.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to update to 9.5 and updated Hans... but it's no good. I keep getting this error code called 022-2511. Still badgers me for a update.

This is supposed to work too (and is much easier):
1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
2) Go in emunand system settings, pick system format
3) Let it do its thing
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted emunand
5) Restore emunand backup and put its folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/

zer01717

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I have a O3DS with a 4.5 sysnand, and 4.5 emunand with a Gateway. Things were fine until a month ago when my gateway cart stopped working (the multi-rom menu wouldn't pop up) and rxTools got really buggy. So I formated my sysnand and started fresh with my O3DS. Not sure what to do next. should I keep my 4.5 sysnand or update to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2? Can I do the same for emunand? I've read a little about the new exploits, but not sure of the optimal way to go about things.

side note
I can still get into gateway emunand mode
I have 2 MicroSD cards/adaptors 16GB and 32GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by zer01717,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wormdood: I think I finally got it to work! Had to boot sysupdater 40+ times, but it seems to have worked at last.

The downgrade process completed, and everything seems to work so far -- about to set up emuNAND now.

Thanks for your help!

Hey, thought of another question: When should I set up a Nintendo Network ID? Do I even need one? Should I do that before setting up emuNAND?
whenever you are ready
but it is simpler to do this at the end

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you remember to install freemultipatcher and that other item so your firmware ends in .28?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wrong error.
His error simply means firmware isn't spoof yet.

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!