XP
Country
United States

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bump through this conversation and reask.
I still have my NANDs linked after completing the RxTools coldboot set up (I want my info retaining on sysNAND).
How do i just format emuNAND to unlink? same process but while IN emuNAND?

...hopefully that'll solve the firmware update nag I managed to pick up for emuNAND at least.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wormdood Mine is an O3DS.
read this quote
EmuNAND Information
Some users report their sysnand still being updated following the below steps. Unlinking your nands before attempting to update may avoid this. Please read this post before deciding to unlink nands: http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/(Please, please, pleasseee read this!).

If you have an update nag on sysnand, follow these short steps to delete the update from your system first, reducing any risk of updating sysnand to be EXTREMELY unlikely. Do not do step 4 obviously, click "no"!

To update your emunand, only do so through the System Settings app.
Do NOT update if it asks you if you're "ready to start system update" or whatever it says whenever you boot your 3ds, OR through the Eshop. It will update your sysnand instead.

How to properly update emunand: Boot into Emunand, and launch System Settings. Make sure it says RX-E or RX3D in front of the version number to be sure that you are in emunand, and go straight to Other Settings -> System update without exiting the System Settings app.

If you need Emunand tool (for backing up your emunand), then you can find it here.

How to unlink nands (Requires formatting one of the NANDs):
  1. Download TinyFormat
  2. Place the .cia on your SD card
  3. Boot into rxmode SysNAND if you want to format SysNAND, or rxmode EmuNAND if you want to format EmuNAND
    • Don't know how? Hold L when booting rxTools to get into the menu. From there you can select which rxmode you would like to access. Note: 2.5.2 users have to hold R instead.
    • Personally I formatted sysnand, so that all the stuff I had on my sysNAND that was transferred to my EmuNAND stays there.
  4. Once you're in the specified, launch BigBlueMenu (injected version or .cia version)
  5. Install the TinyFormat.cia
  6. Press HOME and choose to launch TinyFormat
  7. Follow the instructions to format the NAND you are in, and thus unlinking your NANDs
  8. Turn off your 3DS after the process is finished
  9. Reboot into SysNAND or rxmode EmuNAND and complete the Initial 3DS Setup.
  10. Nands are now unlinked!

How it will look on your SD card:
jI44.png

The folder with the smallest size belongs to the nand you just formatted. Grab the database zip again and put the title.db and import.db in YourFormattedNandFolder/RandomNumbersAndLettersFolder/dbs, just like you did in Part 1: Line 2 & 3! Don't forget to go to Data Management in the Nand you formatted to let the 3DS "repair" your software management information!
Sorry to bump through this conversation and reask.
I still have my NANDs linked after completing the RxTools coldboot set up (I want my info retaining on sysNAND).
How do i just format emuNAND to unlink? same process but while IN emuNAND?

...hopefully that'll solve the firmware update nag I managed to pick up for emuNAND at least.
the same . . . but you format emunand and leave the sd card in the 3ds

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Rinnen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the link wormdood. The only issue I could forsee from that would be the lack of a cia installer in emuNAND afterwards. Any ideas?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully downgraded to 9.2 ( Old 3DS US), but I can't use browerhax. I would click on the slider and the bottom screen would turn yellow and then grey and it freezes. I tried many usual methods but it didn't work. How to solve this problem ? Thanks.

Many people have same problem

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/404tlg/cant_browserhax_after_downgrading_to_92/
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3zjqu4/cant_access_homebrew_launcher_after_downgrade/
the question is can you install cfw [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS) (after cfw there are way better hbc entrypoints you gain access to

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep asking but no one ever seems to be able to provide a reply; so I'm beginning to question if it's even possible at this point. my eShop titles are unaccessible from either emuNAND or sysNAND, so i thought I'd restore my state from SD backup with a pre-NAND unlink NAND dump. How.

I might bother trying to make emuNAND play nice again from there (if someone can tell me exactly what to do with the fucking database files this time around...?)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link wormdood. The only issue I could forsee from that would be the lack of a cia installer in emuNAND afterwards. Any ideas?
may i ask why you want your nnid on sysnand when you will be installing and playing your games from emunand?
I keep asking but no one ever seems to be able to provide a reply; so I'm beginning to question if it's even possible at this point. my eShop titles are unaccessible from either emuNAND or sysNAND, so i thought I'd restore my state from SD backup with a pre-NAND unlink NAND dump. How.

I might bother trying to make emuNAND play nice again from there (if someone can tell me exactly what to do with the fucking database files this time around...?)
unaccessible . . . do you see them but cant launch them? or are they gone ?
and to inject emunand you use emunand tool, then copy the corasponding folder from sd/nintendo 3ds folder

Last edited by wormdood,

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
may i ask why you want your nnid on sysnand when you will be installing and playing your games from emunand?

As i see how hard this is becoming im starting to question this myself. My idea being that i could keep my sysNAND essentially as it always was and safe from any interfering i might be doing. Then have emuNAND as a clean slate that I can merrily mess around with without endangering the sysNAND that has followed me through 4 different systems and holds my purchases...

probably a case of sentimentality to be fair and provided I back up emuNAND... with emuNAND9? it will be safe I guess?

I have however got a FW update nag so it would be good to get an emuNAND without that

Last edited by jonnytron,

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
unaccessible . . . do you see them but cant launch them? or are they gone ?
and to inject emunand you use emunand tool, then copy the corasponding folder from sd/nintendo 3ds folder

https://twitter.com/Abzol/status/686314752319041536

which "corresponding folder". the folder corresponding to what? do i need the games data on BOTH sysNAND and emuNAND? (also i can not use emunandtool, but emunand9 has a NAND.bin->emunand injector)

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As i see how hard this is becoming im starting to question this myself. My idea being that i could keep my sysNAND essentially as it always was and safe from any interfering i might be doing. Then have emuNAND as a clean slate that I can merrily mess around with without endangering the sysNAND that has followed me through 4 different systems and holds my purchases...

probably a case of sentimentality to be fair and provided I back up emuNAND... with emuNAND9? it will be safe I guess?
if you are on a o3ds installing a cia installer to the new emunand is easy
but the thing about emunand is as you said you can fuck it up all you want as emunand is simple to restore/clone and therefore your nnid/games/saves will always be safe (shit you can clone emunand to a second sd card if you wanted)
not like you couldn't simply call nintendo ask them to unlink your nnid so you may link it to a new console at any point in time then redownload the games on another 3ds . . . what i am trying to say is emunand will let you backup all those "important" things manually

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://twitter.com/Abzol/status/686314752319041536

which "corresponding folder". the folder corresponding to what? do i need the games data on BOTH sysNAND and emuNAND? (also i can not use emunandtool, but emunand9 has a NAND.bin->emunand injector)
on your sd card there is a folder called "Nintendo 3ds" in that folder should be two folders with random numbers/letters as its name one belongs to sysnand the other one is for emunand

also i never used emunand9 i have no idea how to use that option or if it works

Last edited by wormdood,

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are on a o3ds installing a cia installer to the new emunand is easy

Im on n3DS but thanks, i think youve settled me about just having my NNID etc in emuNAND.
Do you have anything to say about this FW nag while im here? its rooted in my sysNAND and so invariably ends up coming up in emuNAND too. I put in the tubehax DNS and havent seen the nag since then but i heard that it has some actual data in the SD or NAND or something like that? could this cause me issue in upgrading to 9.5?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on n3DS but thanks, i think youve settled me about just having my NNID etc in emuNAND.
Do you have anything to say about this FW nag while im here? its rooted in my sysNAND and so invariably ends up coming up in emuNAND too. I put in the tubehax DNS and havent seen the nag since then but i heard that it has some actual data in the SD or NAND or something like that? could this cause me issue in upgrading to 9.5?
starting with the 3ds off press and hold "L"+"R"+"X"+"UP" and power on the system you should see a settings like background and the update message . . . say no . . . no more nag!

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
starting with the 3ds off press and hold "L"+"R"+"X"+"UP" and power on the system you should see a settings like background and the update message . . . say no . . . no more nag!
should I remove the DNS for this to work? as right now it just boots normally with those held and then launches the camera.

hakurou46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
on your sd card there is a folder called "Nintendo 3ds" in that folder should be two folders with random numbers/letters as its name one belongs to sysnand the other one is for emunand

okay yeah they're there but what DO I DO WITH THEM. the games data is in the emuNAND folder. Then what.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :shy::blush::evil:.... :tpi::rofl2: