• Views 4,447,276
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downgraded my o3ds system to 9.2, installed rxtools all that lovely stuff and it works great. I set it up so my NNID was tied to emuNAND and don't have one set up on sysNAND. emuNAND is at 10.3, sysNAND at 9.2. I've set it up so it autoboots to emunand as well.

However I'm also getting a n3DS system soon and want to know if it's possible to do a system transfer from my o3ds emuNAND to my n3DS so I can move all my purchased games and my NNID onto the n3DS system?

Worst comes to worst I suppose I can always update my o3DS' sysNAND to 10.3 and then downgrade again but I'd rather avoid doing that if at all possible.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a question i put my games inside folders inside Emunand but after rebooting emunand they moved back out of the folders
Also i separate my sysnand from my emunand will my friend code still be the same inside emunand if i format my sysnand?

BlandDecore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I install custom 3ds firmware, am I able to update my version of smash to 1.1.3? I'm currently on 1.1.0 and am unable to update because I won't update my 3ds firmware, so that I can run browserhax.
hoping custom firmware is the answer, instead of buying another 3ds just to play updated games on.
thanks

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the old one USA both my sysnand and Emunand are on firmware version 9.2.0.20

Then it should be okay to update in emunand. Be sure to unlink sysnand and emunand first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if I install custom 3ds firmware, am I able to update my version of smash to 1.1.3? I'm currently on 1.1.0 and am unable to update because I won't update my 3ds firmware, so that I can run browserhax.
hoping custom firmware is the answer, instead of buying another 3ds just to play updated games on.
thanks

If you have an old3ds you can get cfw on emunand version 10.0.3, which can be used to update your game.

TehVillylol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it should be okay to update in emunand. Be sure to unlink sysnand and emunand first.

If you have an old3ds you can get cfw on emunand version 10.0.3, which can be used to update your game.

Can you help me?
im on 9.2 no emunand yet.
Im very scrub at this and do I create emunand first than install rxtools ?
I have slotkey.bin and menuhax

Xrosader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently received the Gateway, and although everything seems to be working find, there are some games that don't run. When I press Select while on Gateway Mode, the menu shows the games as usual, but some of them have a white icon rather than the one they sould have and don't work. For instance, I tried with Dragon Ball Extreme Butouden. Does it mean I have to install emuNAND? And also, can I play original games on emuNAND, as well as updating them?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
isn't mii plaza files from system files ?

what will happen to badge arcade when downgrading to 9.2 , then update emunand to 10.3 ?
will i lose all of them ?
Mii Plaza saves to the NAND, but I don't think that specific part of the NAND is affected during a downgrade.

I'm not sure about badge arcade; if I had to guess, the saves will work fine on emuNAND if it is updated to 10.3.

baven6er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've sucessfully installed rxtools and FBI. I could even access the eShop on EmuNAND and redownload my previous games that I bought. And there goes the question: is the use of eShop on emuNAND secure?

trsoares

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.

Does gateway need a private header?

I read some topics and it seems that i may need for .3ds, but with .cia it's not needed.

That's correct?

baven6er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way of installing custom firmware without losing all of my games and saves? or is GW/CN the only option there?
Look, I have installed the EmuNAND, and updated. I entered on eShop and redownloaded my game (I had a backup copy of the savefiles on my PC). I just copied the backup save after formating the sysNAND, and it worked! My game is working with the save. Just make sure you backup the savefiles on the setup BEFORE doing the sysNAND formatting proccess

Reactions: infinete

sisterskeeper

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HI! I'm new to 3DS hacking though I've been lurking off and on here for a while now, GBAtemp helped me with my DS Flashcart and to jailbreak my Wii. I have many many question and here seemed to be the best place to ask them.

Am I missing any steps on the above list to safely install a custom firmware on my 3ds? I have an old 3DS XL currently running 10.3.0-28U. Broswerhax, Menuhax and Ironhax are all installed. The ones in Blue I have already done.

1. Prepare SD card for homebrew with homebrew starter kit.
  2. Add custom theme of choice from 3dsthem.es to SD Card:\3ds\menuhax_manager
  3. Install Browserhax (I used Joedor's video tutorial)
  4. While inside the browser HBLauncher, run Menuhax manager.
  5. Install MenuHax by following onscreen directions.
  6. Install a custom theme by following the onscreen directions
  7. Exit Menuhax and reboot.
  8. Boot into Homebrew Launcher (I do this by pressing L during the start up)
  9. Use the old Eshop Downloader to download and install the old version of Ironfall then reboot.
  10. Play Ironfall for a short bit.
  11. Boot into Homebrew Launcher and install ironhax. I now have two ways to access the Homebrew Launcher.
  12. Follow this tutorial here to Downgrade my 3ds Firmware to 9.2, triple checking my steps –-> https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-downgrade-3ds-with-sysupdater.407924/
  13. Follow this tutorial here to instal RX tools CFW? https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
  14. Use FBI to install BigBlueMenu.

Once I have the custom firmware installed, how do I make sure Nintendo doesn't download an update? Will I still be able to go online? I don't play games online but I do play via download play with my Fiancée and I think you have to turn the wifi switch to on to do that. Will that still be possible? Racing against eachother in MarioKart is a fun past time for us both and I don't want us to lose it.

Is there any Homebrew that does what moonshell does for the DS? Any way to run DS homebrew on the 3ds?

With a custom firmware or homebrew, can I currently set up my 3ds so that there is a way to mute the sound so that even if I accidentally knock into the volume switch when I play the sound doesn't go up or down? How about the 3d?

How much space am I going to need on an SD card to install the custom firmware?

Is there a working NES emulator for the 3ds?

Where can I find a troubleshooting guide for BlargSNES?

How can a nonprogrammer like myself contribute to the homebrew community?

Is there a way to create 3d themes for menuhax?

How do I find out what emunand I can and cannot run with RXTools?

Will this SD card be good enough to use for the 3ds SD card?

What happens if Nintendo updates to 10.4 before I set up the downgrade and custom firmware?

Last edited by sisterskeeper,

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

My girlfriend's 3DS is prompting her to update her Streetpass Mii Plaza, but I fear updating it and updating the firmware as well or anything else.

Any suggestions, or personal experience with this, would be great!

Thanks a lot,
Ace

Just asking again in case anyone has any ideas, I know this thread fills up quick with a lot of questions so it's easy to miss some and they go unanswered.

Thanks!

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how would I unlink them? Sorry if I'm asking too many damn questions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto