• Views 4,466,561
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone! Well, being part of the happy few who managed to downgrade their N3DSXL to 9.2, I started doing every step to install CFW, Pasta, FBI, and so on, by following this tutorial:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Apparently, everything went very smoothly, I have the RX on my system settings, and every step went well, so I guess everything is in order. The problem is, I want now to install my .cia version of Monster Hunter X, and I get an error each time, with a LEVEL_PERMANENT and SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT statement which appears everytime I try to install it, or even the FBI.cia for all that matters. I searched the web and it seems it is a problem of privileges, you need to run a CFW to make it possible. Problem is, Pasta doesnt launch anymore. It worked the first time (which allowed me to run FBI, as it is said in the tutorial), I launched it, it instantly took me back to home screen, I didn't get the pasta on background, but managed to do every following step perfectly, so I guess it worked just fine. But now, every time I launch it, black screen, and no reaction.

It seems my problem comes from the fact I have to launch first Pasta, and the go back to the homebrew menu, and try to install my .cia. Any clue as what may cause this black screen on pasta?

Thanks all

edit: FML, nevermind, reboot the console, tried it again, it worked...

Last edited by Hikenkami,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well guys, I go back to you, I managed to launch Pasta, then return to homebrew launcher, and then I could install my .cia game (the install took forever btw, don't know if it is normal). How do I access it now? When I launch RXtools, the game doensn't appear "as a gift" as it should, nor in the homebrew launcher on the "free region" part... Somebody got and idea?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question based on the same tutorial as above, though on the EmuNAND stage.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

What is the point of having the NANDs unlinked?
Kinda like to keep my NNID linked to my system, so if there was no point, how would i link back my NNID? I unlinked, and am regretting it. Yes, I did back up the NAND.bin, and SysNAND of before i unlinked it.

Following that, pastaCFW can already run unsigned CIA and have access to the E-Shop.
Any reason to continue to install rxTools as well?

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/3c7dq1/i_dont_get_it/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
So question with that. Now that I system format and unlink my NAND, any way to restore back my Mii Plaza?

Edit: And found my answer as I did this.
Any CFW Eshop spoof?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/releases-eshop-spoof-region-free-for-pastacfw.389172/ link to download from there is broken.

Last edited by YyAoMmIi,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I apologize for stupid noobiness again! I haven't done anything on a 3DS short of install HBL.

The CFW is an EmuNAND, right? So installing this lets you run emulators at higher speed and let's you run 3DS ROMs, right?

Is it possible to run unsigned CIAs from SysNAND?
CFW is Custom Firmware, it lets you run emuNAND. Yes, it will allow you to run emulators at higher speeds and play unsigned games.

It is possible to run unsigned cias in sysNAND, but it's not recommended as modifying sysNAND can be dangerous.

With the safe downgrade probably coming soon, I got a question.

I have a NNID with a good amount of games and I don't want to lose it.

I read that if I format my sysnand I can link the account again. Is this possible?

I would probably link it to the emuNAND.
Yes, you can link the account again after formatting. You can actually link the account to both sysNAND and emuNAND; Nintendo links the account to the console ID, not the NAND itself.

Does anyone know where I can get Ninjhax 1.1b's boot.3dsx?
http://smealum.net/ninjhax/

pedrobms

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everyone, I have a question about switching sd cards, currently I have the original 2gb sd card that comes with O3DS, and I have menuhax installed and some legit cias, but I want to switch to a 16gb card, do I simply copy and past all the files to the new card, or do I have to make the hax again in the new card?

EDIT:I'm on 10.3.0-28U fw

ZerOneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, I have a question about switching sd cards, currently I have the original 2gb sd card that comes with O3DS, and I have menuhax installed and some legit cias, but I want to switch to a 16gb card, do I simply copy and past all the files to the new card, or do I have to make the hax again in the new card?

EDIT:I'm on 10.3.0-28U fw

Not sure if this is what you want but this guide helped me a lot once..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-and-backup-eshop-games-and-dlc.375586/

Cheers.

md87

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Found this thread and thought I would ask you kind people for some advice/point in the right direction.

So I purchased a 3ds(XL) recently for my daughter but I obviously play it too. I am interested in getting it set up to play back-up games, such as downloaded from the net. Now I have read around a little but there is a lot of info out there. I recall having a Nintendo DS in the past and I used R4DS I think it was to install and play back-up games. So my question is, on my 3ds (XL) can I play back-up 3ds, ds games etc? And how I go about doing this?

I have heard people mention different versions/updates of the 3ds...just been into system settings it says Ver. 8.1.0-19E

(As far as I am aware the system has never been updated, we only got it last week, so not wanting to update if that is going to hinder me doing the above).

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Last edited by md87,

ZerOneX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

Found this thread and thought I would ask you kind people for some advice/point in the right direction.

So I purchased a 3ds(XL) recently for my daughter but I obviously play it too. I am interested in getting it set up to play back-up games, such as downloaded from the net. Now I have read around a little but there is a lot of info out there. I recall having a Nintendo DS in the past and I used R4DS I think it was to install and play back-up games. So my question is, on my 3ds (XL) can I play back-up 3ds, ds games etc? And how I go about doing this?

I have heard people mention different versions/updates of the 3ds...just been into system settings it says Ver. 8.1.0-19E

(As far as I am aware the system has never been updated, we only got it last week, so not wanting to update if that is going to hinder me doing the above).

Any guidance is very much appreciated.

Go for OFW 9.2 + CFW (RxTools) for free....

farias0

Whatever
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, before I install a CFW on my O3DS I want to ask some questions:

-Is RxTools the best one for me indeed?
-In which firmware my emunand will come? 10.3? If not, can I update it the same way I update my sysnand or is it more complicated?
-How do I get my NNID on my emunand? I want my NNID there so I can access eShop and stuff and I don't care about having it on my sysnand.
-What does it mean to have my NANDs linked and why shouldn't I have it?
-Can I format (restore to the factory settings) my sysnand without losing access to my emunand? How will I boot the emunand?

Sorry for the super noob questions, I'm on this new 9.2 wave.

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Randomly found an Acekard 2i in my room... think I got it a few years back for free and never used the bloody thing.

Does this still work if I set it up? Also any practical/up to date guides on setup? Would like to get it setup for my partner.

pedrobms

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure if this is what you want but this guide helped me a lot once..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-and-backup-eshop-games-and-dlc.375586/

Cheers.

Not really, actually I wanna know if menuhax and the legit cias will still work if I just copy and past all the files from my old SD card to the new one, or do I have to install everything again in the new one.
I read some tutorials about transfer emunand from one sd to another, but thats not really what I'm trying to do, since I don't have anything installed in my sd card besides menuhax and the legit cias, and I'm not using any CFW
Anyway, thanks for the help

Last edited by pedrobms,
Reactions: ZerOneX

nippyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to transfer all your data including street passes etc from UK N3DS to a JP N3DS XL using CFW etc. Both are on 10.3 and I would like the JP N3DS XL to become my main system. Is it also possible to put the menus into English with CFW installed?

Thanks!

SRCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?

I have a couple of questions. I want to use flashcarts to play DS roms (not 3DS roms) on my New 3DS XL with the latest version. All I find is used carts for some games and they are very expensive so no thanks. Do I need to do anything besides buying a R4i SDHC 3DS RTS and putting the game on it? Do I need to mess with the DS in any way? And lastly, will I be able to transfer Pokemon using my other N3DSXL from rom to rom, rom to legit, and rom to Pokebank/Poke Transporter?

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone refer me to a guide to autobooting cfw? I know there are some floating around but I'm on 4.5/9.8 so I need to know how to update my sysnand to the right version and also need to know if I have to reinstall rxtools or anything (I'm using an old beta 3.0 modified for MSET I believe)

also I'm on o3ds

Last edited by Firion Hope,

Igu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Im currently on 10.3 in my N3DS XL, thinking about downgrade it and install a CFW.
Could anyone run Badge Arcade on emuNAND 9.5?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...