• Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry yes I meant 9.2

So you cant play newer games like AC:HHD or access eshop on 4.1-4.5 anymore, even through rxtools?

Yes it was but I was concerned with losing features the original firmware gave you but as Quantumcat said there doesn't seem to be any to lose.
. . . but that sounds like @Quantumcat was referring to emunand updates not sysnand . . .but yes you can safely update sysnand to 9.2 and the cia games you install should be in emunand and as such dependent on emunand fw version not sysnand
edit: he got in there to sort it out himself

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: bigusheadus

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I misunderstood the question. Thought you were talking about updating emuNAND!!! Sorry! No need to update your sysNAND unless you want to use autoboot.
My fault for not using proper jargon I meant updating the sysNAND. Sorry

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

. . . but that sounds like @Quantumcat was referring to emunand updates not sysnand . . .but yes you can safely update sysnand to 9.2 and the cia games you install should be in emunand and as such dependent on emunand fw version not sysnand
edit: he got in there to sort it out himself
Ok so there's no need to update sysNAND to 9.2, I should just stick with 4.1; unless I want autoboot that is.

Ok all sorted now. Thanks for clarifying it for me wormdood and Quantumcat!

Last edited by bigusheadus,
Reactions: Quantumcat

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My fault for not using proper jargon I meant updating the sysNAND. Sorry

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so there's no need to update sysNAND to 9.2, I should just stick with 4.1; unless I want autoboot that is.
correct in fact with 4.x, rxtools, and gateway as i was saying before this becomes an option
Gateway users -
Want to switch between rxTools MSET and gateway MSET without carrying around the blue card? An Internet connection will be required to switch between MSET exploits instead! 4.x System version only. (Do not downgrade if you are using a 2DS!)

Instructions:
Read this post, and grab the code.bin (rename to gwcode.bin) for the Launcher.dat. Grab the code.bin from here (rename to rxcode.bin). Also do lines 4, 5, and 6 under the "All Users" section.

Open your 3ds, make a bookmark of this url:
http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&gwcode.bin
Name it "GW MSET"

Make another bookmark of this URL:
http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop/?LoadCode4.dat&rxcode.bin
Name it "RX MSET"

Load whichever bookmark you want to install. Wait at least 1 minute for the installation, or until the browser crashes. Go to System Settings-> Other Settings-> Profile-> Nintendo DS Profile to launch.

****Alternatively, you can just use the Android app 3DS X-Loader by Iván García to boot rxTools without needing an internet connection.
taken from this thread [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: bigusheadus

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey guys, I bought a sky3ds. Was able to write Zelda:OoT and plays perfectly. Downloaded MGS 3D, LBW, Bit Trip Saga, and everything pops up an error saying the sd card has poor contact and I shoud try again. The games shows up on diskwriter but after exit, it disappears. It can't format, or even reformat as well. Any fix? I'm using Win 8.1, local sd reader in laptop, transcend 32GB with sd adapter, latest exe and template.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm about to buy a used New3DS from someone who has already done some exploit and has a Gateway provided with the 3DS.
Do I have to install the .CIA with BigBlueMenu? Does it have a file manager from the Gateway SD or the 3DS mSD? Can I also run 9.5+ firmware games in Emunand 9.2 or whatever?
Do I need to install CIA in emunand or SYSnand?

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Online is safe, as far as anyone can tell.
You might be able to use SaveDataFiller or similar to import your old stuff.

Thanks for the info. Time to go hunting.

Other noob questions that just cropped up.

Is there a straightforward way to prevent update requests if I get any? I'm assuming EmuNAND is safe to update if it asks? (10.3 o3DS atm anyway).

Then SysNAND I just don't touch, don't update. Unless there's a way to prevent that too?

I'd prefer to keep my streetpass/other wifi-related bits on because I'm a whore for those puzzle pieces no matter what. Also on EmuNAND can I just go into the eShop like normal and download any updates for games (e.g MonHunX if there are any or any other games).

Oh is there also a list of good/cool things to add to the EmuNAND? I'm thinking Emulators and other cool Homebrew that either make my life easier or are just worth having.

Last edited by skypirate123,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Time to go hunting.

Other noob questions that just cropped up.

Is there a straightforward way to prevent update requests if I get any? I'm assuming EmuNAND is safe to update if it asks? (10.3 o3DS atm anyway).

Then SysNAND I just don't touch, don't update. Unless there's a way to prevent that too?

I'd prefer to keep my streetpass/other wifi-related bits on because I'm a whore for those puzzle pieces no matter what. Also on EmuNAND can I just go into the eShop like normal and download any updates for games (e.g MonHunX if there are any or any other games).
[GUIDE] delete predownloaded update ("Spotpass nag")

and no its not safe to update emunand from nag updates (or eshop for that matter) on o3ds/2ds only update emunand from settings app
edit: and yes you can get your game updates from the eshop as long as the .cia is from your consoles region that is

Last edited by wormdood,

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive heard when playing out of region games you can get banned and the way to avoid a ban is a private header
What is a private header and how to do it

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive heard when playing out of region games you can get banned and the way to avoid a ban is a private header
What is a private header and how to do it

Private headers are used with carts like Sky3DS. Are you using this? If so, you will need a private header.

If running rxtools you won't need one for .cia files.

Reactions: Deleted User

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

eleked

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have an O3DS (sysNand 9.2, emuNand 9.9), Gateway, unlinked.
I am still using sysNand to play Pokemon Omega Ruby (actual cart, not CIA), and emuNand for other CIAs.

I am required to download game updates for Pokemon on sysNand, however it seems the eshop spoof method no longer applicable.
Is there any way for me to get game updates on sysNand?

Thanks in advance!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS (sysNand 9.2, emuNand 9.9), Gateway, unlinked.
I am still using sysNand to play Pokemon Omega Ruby (actual cart, not CIA), and emuNand for other CIAs.

I am required to download game updates for Pokemon on sysNand, however it seems the eshop spoof method no longer applicable.
Is there any way for me to get game updates on sysNand?

Thanks in advance!
you can find .cia versions of the updates (you only need the most recent one also make sure you get the proper region) on that iso site "you know the one with info relevant to the 3ds"
and install them with a cia installer in sysnand they will work with your retail game

Last edited by wormdood,

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
Re: .cia updates and DLC...

How do we go about deleting it? Might need to reinstall some DLC as it got installed before the main cia haha.

EDIT: Ignore. I am stupid. Big Blue....

Last edited by skypirate123,

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting tripped up installing rxtools on my O3ds at 6.2.0-0U and I'd just like to confirm the steps I need to take. Please correct me if I screwed up somewhere.

1. Downloaded rxtools 2.6 and unzipped folder to root of SD card.
2. downloaded the firmware.bin file (not sure where to place this one since one guide said root and another said in the"firm" folder of rxtools)
3. moved the rxtools.dat to the root
4. moved rxinstaller.nds to my ds flashcart microSD and run it
5. select version 6.x (it says verify and success)
6. close the entire thing and open3ds settings ->other settings -> NDS profile

At the NDS profile menu, it just keeps giving me an error message and then restarts. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere but I'm not sure where. Are there some files I still need to place in the SD card somewhere? The guides I read say that I just need the rxinstaller.nds on the flashcart then just run it.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting tripped up installing rxtools on my O3ds at 6.2.0-0U and I'd just like to confirm the steps I need to take. Please correct me if I screwed up somewhere.

1. Downloaded rxtools 2.6 and unzipped folder to root of SD card.
2. downloaded the firmware.bin file (not sure where to place this one since one guide said root and another said in the"firm" folder of rxtools)
3. moved the rxtools.dat to the root
4. moved rxinstaller.nds to my ds flashcart microSD and run it
5. select version 6.x (it says verify and success)
6. close the entire thing and open3ds settings ->other settings -> NDS profile

At the NDS profile menu, it just keeps giving me an error message and then restarts. I'm sure I screwed up somewhere but I'm not sure where. Are there some files I still need to place in the SD card somewhere? The guides I read say that I just need the rxinstaller.nds on the flashcart then just run it.
for that build . . .your answer is put firmware.bin on the sd cards root and when you boot rxtools for the first time hold the "R" shoulder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back