• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered a billion times before in this thread, but... it's time I experimented with CFW.

I've got an O3DS with Gateway and emuNAND set up on a 32gb sd. NANDs are unlinked, and I boot GW through DS Profile. Is it possible (using another sd card) to setup rxTools and boot it through the 4.2 browser so I don't have to reinstall the GW exploit whenever I switch between GW and rxTools?

Also, my L button is about to kick the bucket. Is there any way to change the button used to boot the Gateway menu?

EDIT: Welp, I've gone ahead and done it. I've been following this guide to the letter, and get "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4" when starting the rxTools installation from the browser (O3DS, 4.2 FW). Is 4.2 not compatible with the browser boot method?

EDIT2: important.pdf exists. oops.

Last edited by frogboy,

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now this has been asked 1 million times but is there a way to access e-shop on a 9.0-9.2 n3d. I rather want to go on the e-shop instead of unofficially downloading an update. It would be preferable if e-shop access was available for sysnand as well. thanks in advance.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now this has been asked 1 million times but is there a way to access e-shop on a 9.0-9.2 n3d. I rather want to go on the e-shop instead of unofficially downloading an update. It would be preferable if e-shop access was available for sysnand as well. thanks in advance.

Of course it would be preffarable to have a magic wand and swing it everytime you want something Nintendo is trying to avoid/patch in every new update they roll, sadly there is not.

You have to manually install some titles (Nver and Cver) and install them using FBI if you want eshop access.

Reactions: keven3477

tempest1352

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

I am getting the idea that since I updated my old 3DS to 10.2 firmware, I won't be able to use any custom firmware =(
Are there any projects working to solve problems like mine? or is it guaranteed that 9.2+ is not possible to mod

Thanks

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I am getting the idea that since I updated my old 3DS to 10.2 firmware, I won't be able to use any custom firmware =(
Are there any projects working to solve problems like mine? or is it guaranteed that 9.2+ is not possible to mod

Thanks

There is no publicly known projects at the momment, if you wish to have an exploited system buy another one or get a Sky3ds

The only people that come around here talk about about "having them but preffer not to share" do that only to stroke their own ego...

skypirate123

Trophies
XP
Country
One of the final few questions. Once installing some bits, before booting it mentions on the top screen before starting that it will need an update and that hitting OK will connect it to the internet to perform an update. Is this safe to do or not? How do I go about removing those notifications? Find an update .cia?

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haven't used my 3ds after the Gateway come out with 9.2FW explot, Can i use custom GBA Games on Emunand? Or only with a CFW?

EDIT: Already find, I can't :(

Last edited by DigitalJosee,

kumorebikun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
One of the final few questions. Once installing some bits, before booting it mentions on the top screen before starting that it will need an update and that hitting OK will connect it to the internet to perform an update. Is this safe to do or not? How do I go about removing those notifications? Find an update .cia?

What I do is try to find an update file or just turn off the wifi for the period when I start the game, so it won't update or anything. But I don't know much about this stuff, maybe it's OK to just update like you would on official firmware ...

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
if your emunand on 10.3 then its safe to follow the link to nintendo and perform the update......ive done it many times....once update completes you can turn wifi off.....

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean when it says to install NTR to Sysnand OR Emunand? Never understood this in the installation screen. Going to be attempting this today so was hoping someone could tell me.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
its not for you....its just another cfw......it only uses original cartridges
as far as im aware.....its more for rom hacking.....adding cheats etc....

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not for you....its just another cfw......it only uses original cartridges
as far as im aware.....its more for rom hacking.....adding cheats etc....

Hrmm I think I understand... However in all of NTR's installation guides, it always mentions installing the file to either Emunand or sysnand, like I HAVE to choose one of the two. However the guides never explain what the heck either of those are. I'm used to stuff like this telling me to install to certain folder on the card or something. Don't see why this is so vague with little explanation.

Also, I'm not trying to do piracy. I'm trying to use the English translation patch for Monster Hunter X on my japanese 3ds. I have the actual game coming in the mail. So I actually am using the original cartridge.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
i think you best get an answer from a rom hacker....theyll use this extensively....i dont use this im afraid so cannot direct you in this....

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
GBA games can be ran through emunand, or sysnand. They still have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand if your nands are unlinked! GBA games should be installed to SD (if using FBI).
Personally I just install them to Sysnand and play them from there.
taken directly from the guide....sorry i dont have direct link to hand....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:angry: