• Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Alex, sadly the only way to play homebrew games on your New 3DS is to get Cubic Ninja and install Ninjhax or get Ocarina of Time with a Powersaves pro to install OOTHAX in order to run homebrew.

There is a GBA emulator named mGBA that runs pretty good with the New 3DS in 10.3 (Not full speed so far but they'll get there).

And you can use Blargsnes 1.3 to play the SNES Zelda games.

If you want to play 3DS roms the only option for 10.3 is Sky3ds, they are releasing a new one called Sky3ds+ so you can check information about it.

You could even load a Cubic Ninja rom in the Sky3ds+ and load homebrew from there.

I've been doing some research on the Internet in regards to playing emulators on a 3DS running the latest firmware and there are posts and videos on YouTube of people claiming that the Supercard DSTWO Plus is capable of emulating on the latest 3DS Firmware but not 3DS titles just everything DS and earlier.

Can someone confirm this? Because I wouldn't mind purchasing a Supercard DSTWO Plus if that is the case.

Also, I have a copy of LOZOOT the actual game card. Can you show me what else I need to do at this point?

What is currently running emulators better at the moment Homebrew or Flashcarts?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the final few questions. Once installing some bits, before booting it mentions on the top screen before starting that it will need an update and that hitting OK will connect it to the internet to perform an update. Is this safe to do or not? How do I go about removing those notifications? Find an update .cia?
i assume you mean when you load a game the the top screen asks for an update (under the games banner icon)
if you installed a cia from your consoles region then you may use the eshop to download said game updates
if its an out of region cia then you need to find that update as a cia as well
What does it mean when it says to install NTR to Sysnand OR Emunand? Never understood this in the installation screen. Going to be attempting this today so was hoping someone could tell me.
hmm . . .it would help if i knew what you were refering to but ntr cfw is a cfw that does not allow .cia (roms) it does add features including region free, cheats, screenshots
and as far as installation it comes in a .3dsx (homebrew app) and requires kernel access (9.2 or lower only) but if you don't understand this line then you likely dont have cfw set up and should start here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS)

Reactions: skypirate123

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing some research on the Internet in regards to playing emulators on a 3DS running the latest firmware and there are posts and videos on YouTube of people claiming that the Supercard DSTWO Plus is capable of emulating on the latest 3DS Firmware but not 3DS titles just everything DS and earlier.

Can someone confirm this? Because I wouldn't mind purchasing a Supercard DSTWO Plus if that is the case.

Also, I have a copy of LOZOOT the actual game card. Can you show me what else I need to do at this point?

What is currently running emulators better at the moment Homebrew or Flashcarts?

Get the regular DSTWO for that matter, the DSTWO Plus is more expensive because it supports 3DS games in firmwares 9.2 or below, since it is obvious you won't get 3DS games you should just get the DSTWO.

Have in mind that the DSTWO emulators run in DS Mode, so 3DS homebrew is more capable in nature but is not quite there yet, it will get better tho.

If you don't have a DS flashcart yet, you should totally get a DSTWO.

ShizzleMyDizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However can I install NTR CFW 3.1 on a 3ds that's not a NEW 3ds?... My japanese 3ds is not a new 3ds.
if the n3ds is 9.2 or lower yes

Any problem if I install an EUR GBA VC game in my US console?
no problem at all

GBA games can be ran through emunand, or sysnand. They still have to be installed to both emunand and sysnand if your nands are unlinked! GBA games should be installed to SD (if using FBI).
Personally I just install them to Sysnand and play them from there.
taken directly from the guide....sorry i dont have direct link to hand....
you can drag and drop links directly into the text box (i believe this one is the one you ment to link [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS))

the scds2+ will work as a ds flashcard (nds roms) for any fw 3ds (if the 3ds is 9.2 or lower you can use the gateway plugin to plat 3ds roms as well
the scds2+ also has its own processor that allows strong emulation features (including a gba enulator . . . r4i cant do that)
at the moment the scds2+ has better emulation but seeing as 3ds emulators are open source and 3ds homebrew development is trendier (due to the 3ds being newer stronger) then ds homebrew development i would say its only a matter of time before this changes
but if your 3ds is higher than 9.2 then get the old scds2 (the non + version)

and as for your lozoot you need either a 3ds that can already use the hbc or you need powersaves 3ds then you can install the hbc on the gamecard

Last edited by wormdood,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem. Would like to install a CIA Manager for my New NEW 3ds XL.

I followed the instructions from the [Tutorial] Setting up 9.0 - 9.2 N3DS/XL for rxTools CFW, including emuNAND, coldboot, cia Manager.

FBI Manager shows "Loading File List" the whole time when I start H&S. And BigBlueMenue gets an Error so I have to restart the console.

What I've to do?

By the way, I use rxtools.
I had the same issue with FBI. It seems to be an issue with N3DS users attempting to use the latest FBI release (1.4.16). This issue did not occure when I installed FBI 1.4.15 (the previous release). Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with BigBlueMenu.

Edit: I thought I ought to also include the link for downloading FBI 1.4.15 - https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Last edited by Mythrandir,

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the n3ds is 9.2 or lower yes

no problem at all

you can drag and drop links directly into the text box (i believe this one is the one you ment to link [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (Old 3DS and 2DS))
the scds2+ will work as a ds flashcard (nds roms) for any fw 3ds (if the 3ds is 9.2 or lower you can use the gateway plugin to plat 3ds roms as well
the scds2+ also has its own processor that allows strong emulation features (including a gba enulator . . . r4i cant do that)
at the moment the scds2+ has better emulation but seeing as 3ds emulators are open source and 3ds homebrew development is trendier (due to the 3ds being newer stronger) then ds homebrew development i would say its only a matter of time before this changes
but if your 3ds is higher than 9.2 then get the old scds2 (the non + version)

and as for your lozoot you need either a 3ds that can already use the hbc or you need powersaves 3ds then you can install the hbc on the gamecard

Great! Yeah I think I will just go with the SuperCard DSTwo the non plus version.

Is it pissible to have access to Homebrew Software from a DSTwo or is it a whole different protocol in order to have access and use Homebrew?

Last time I purchased an r4 card I went through a BIG headache after with Identity Theft and unauthorized transactions on my bank card from the merchant shortly after my purchase. What's the best place recommended that has DSTwo in stock? I'm in Florida.

Get the regular DSTWO for that matter, the DSTWO Plus is more expensive because it supports 3DS games in firmwares 9.2 or below, since it is obvious you won't get 3DS games you should just get the DSTWO.

Have in mind that the DSTWO emulators run in DS Mode, so 3DS homebrew is more capable in nature but is not quite there yet, it will get better tho.

If you don't have a DS flashcart yet, you should totally get a DSTWO.

Yeah, So basically all I want to do is play GBA and SNES games and even DS if possible in an acceptable form that run good and clean. I can always just download 3DS games on the eShop or buy them.

Do you recommend any good places to purchase one that have them in stock and are safe?

What kind of other cool stuff have people been using the 3DS for?

Last edited by Cloud9Skywalker,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Great! Yeah I think I will just go with the SuperCard DSTwo the non plus version.

Is it pissible to have access to Homebrew Software from a DSTwo or is it a whole different protocol in order to have access and use Homebrew?

Last time I purchased an r4 card I went through a BIG headache after with Identity Theft and unauthorized transactions on my bank card from the merchant shortly after my purchase. What's the best place recommended that has DSTwo in stock? I'm in Florida.

Yeah, So basically all I want to do is play GBA and SNES games and even DS if possible in an acceptable form that run good and clean. I can always just download 3DS games on the eShop or buy them.

Do you recommend any good places to purchase one that have them in stock and are safe?

If you check out the homebrew forum you can see what you can do. If you are 9.9 or over, the browser exploit might be broken on old 3ds (but a workaround exists on new 3ds). You can still use cubic ninja though.

In the US peachds is usually recommended for flashcart sales, as they accept PayPal (which is a rarity). So you can be fairly sure of getting what you paid for.

Reactions: wormdood

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@Alex Gonzalez As my good friend @Quantumcat said, peachds.com accepts paypal, it doesn't get any safer than that since they won't access your card information, they just get the money transfered to their account and the address to mail it to you.

@Quantumcat He is in 10.3 so no browserhax for him.I think DSTWO is the way to go for him, mgba is still quite choppy in the N3DS, Blargsnes is excellent but it has game to game compatibility (half of the ones I tried didn't even boot) and he won't get DS games neither if he goes the Ninjhax path, aside from people on ebay asking $60+ currently for Cubic Ninja. :angry:

The cool parts from Ninjhax are HANS,
Screenshot tool, Region Free, savefile dumping/injection (cheaters aprecciate specially I guess :P), some Retroarch cores like Nestopia and Cave Story

Reactions: wormdood

XERW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello mates! Just got a new N3DS FW9.0~ currently not in US though...

Quick question:
1. Got it for $200 - have I been ripped?
2. Can I install emuNAND without OoT or CN? Since they got none of that here.

Thanks in advance :)

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello mates! Just got a new N3DS FW9.0~ currently not in US though...

Quick question:
1. Got it for $200 - have I been ripped?
2. Can I install emuNAND without OoT or CN? Since they got none of that here.

Thanks in advance :)

Ripped??? People pay as high as $300 just for one of them, watchu talkin about :rolleyes:

No, you don't need Gateway or Cubic Ninja anymorefollow this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Reactions: XERW

eleked

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
you can find .cia versions of the updates (you only need the most recent one also make sure you get the proper region) on that iso site "you know the one with info relevant to the 3ds"
and install them with a cia installer in sysnand they will work with your retail game
Thanks for the suggestion. However I realize I might still need to access eShop for other purpose (legit theme purchase, PokeBank, other games DLC etc), so I went for Link sysnand-emunand approach instead.

Spent a night to relink the thing, eshop accessible now, update seems working as well, but I have few questions:
(1) Is there any risk or things to note if I make purchase in eShop with emunand?
(2) I still have my unlinked emunand in another SD card. From what I've read, it seems only 1 device can only have 1 NNID signed-in. I have another NNID (dupe) in unlinked-emunand, does that means I cannot use that dupe NNID anymore unless I purchase another device?

Thanks again!

Venat

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About the NNID: Does it have to be in sysnand or can it exist in emunand only? ..Is it possible to have one on 9.2 New 3DS at all?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion. However I realize I might still need to access eShop for other purpose (legit theme purchase, PokeBank, other games DLC etc), so I went for Link sysnand-emunand approach instead.

Spent a night to relink the thing, eshop accessible now, update seems working as well, but I have few questions:
(1) Is there any risk or things to note if I make purchase in eShop with emunand?
(2) I still have my unlinked emunand in another SD card. From what I've read, it seems only 1 device can only have 1 NNID signed-in. I have another NNID (dupe) in unlinked-emunand, does that means I cannot use that dupe NNID anymore unless I purchase another device?

Thanks again!
1. no risk as far as we know
2. . . . i think you are confused the nnid can only be sinced with one device at a time (i have read . . .there is a difficult way to hook nnid up to more than one console but if you did then only one of them may access anything that requires nnid at a time or both consoles will be banned) in other words that has nothing to do with your emunand backup you are free to switch up as you please
About the NNID: Does it have to be in sysnand or can it exist in emunand only? ..Is it possible to have one on 9.2 New 3DS at all?
. . . you only need a nnid for online features in (some) games and eshop as well as miiverse so if you dont want these things in sysnand then dont set up a nnid in sysnand
and if you want these things in emunand (of course you do) then set up a nnid in emunand

Cloud9Skywalker

Pokémon Researcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alex Gonzalez As my good friend @Quantumcat said, peachds.com accepts paypal, it doesn't get any safer than that since they won't access your card information, they just get the money transfered to their account and the address to mail it to you.

@Quantumcat He is in 10.3 so no browserhax for him.I think DSTWO is the way to go for him, mgba is still quite choppy in the N3DS, Blargsnes is excellent but it has game to game compatibility (half of the ones I tried didn't even boot) and he won't get DS games neither if he goes the Ninjhax path, aside from people on ebay asking $60+ currently for Cubic Ninja. :angry:

The cool parts from Ninjhax are HANS,
Screenshot tool, Region Free, savefile dumping/injection (cheaters aprecciate specially I guess :P), some Retroarch cores like Nestopia and Cave Story

I dont think PeachDS had any regular DSTwo (non plus) up for sale on their webpage.

So if I buy the original DSTwo or even the Plus (possibly SuperCard may release a firmware compatible with 10.3 in the future?) I won't have access to Homebrew? Even with the Flashcart?

So like I mentioned I have OOT all I would need other than that is PowerSaves? Do I need a specific version of PowerSaves?

So at the moment Flashcart Emulation is still better than Homebrew emulation or is it basically the same thing?

Thanks for answering guys!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think PeachDS had any regular DSTwo (non plus) up for sale on their webpage.

So if I buy the original DSTwo or even the Plus (possibly SuperCard may release a firmware compatible with 10.3 in the future?) I won't have access to Homebrew? Even with the Flashcart?

So like I mentioned I have OOT all I would need other than that is PowerSaves? Do I need a specific version of PowerSaves?

So at the moment Flashcart Emulation is still better than Homebrew emulation or is it basically the same thing?

Thanks for answering guys!
1. you will have access to ds mode homebrew but not 3ds mode homebrew
2. no you would not need anything else just powersaves 3ds i dont believe the version matters (this will allow 3ds mode homebrew)
3. at the moment emulators fun better on the scds2 flashcard . . . for now

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Alex Gonzalez Wether you buy DSTWO or DSTWO+ you'll get the same thing, DS games, GBA/SNES emulators along with some other DS mode homebrew in 10.3

Supercard Team can't just release an update to make the 3DS mode work in 10.3, this flashcarts (Gateway type) work totally different than DS flashcarts or Sky3ds, you need kernel exploits for them to work, until now all Supercard team has "done" in the 3DS side is to backride in Gateway's exploits, rip-off their cart and even as far as to instrunct people to go to Gateway's official website and download their files...

Supercard DS flashcart emulators are better only because they have been around for YEARS now vs 3DS userland homebrew that is quite new (1 year barely) so you really can't compare them, wait a couple of years and you'll see how 3DS homebrew kicks DS homebrew in every way possible.

And yes, all you need is a powersaves dongle to inject a hacked save to your OOT cart and access the homebrew launcher from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi rez