• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

tofol

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone,

I have Old3DS with 5.1.0-11E. I want to install RxTools and I'm going to use this tutorial to do it:

Can I do this on my 3DS? First, do I need to downgrade my system to 4.x? I must point that web browser is working on my 3DS (I can launch it and load sites without any problems). Second, how large SD card do you prefer to install .cia games? Now I have originally bundled 2GB SD Card and I want to upgrade to 16GB card.
If someone could anserw my questions it would be great.

And of course if tutorial that i posted above isn't good or it's outdated, please tell me what to do (maybe follow this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/)

Krupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seem to have bricked my N3DS after trying to update emunand. When I boot it up, it's just pitch black. This means it's bricked, right? I do have a NAND backup and I have an Arduino and found out that 3dsunbricker can unbrick using an Arduino. But my question is, will this work for the N3DS, or is it O3DS only?

dragokiller1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I tried to understand all this 3DS-Hacking-thing but I'm getting horribly confused.

First of all my plans:
I'm living in the EU and want to play JP Monster Hunter X (online/offline) and I need a N3DS XL. I don't want to buy a japanese one (hate japanese menues) and this is why I want to use a CFW for this. I heard that Homebrew-Channel won't be enough because somebody said to me that I'm going to need to change my NNID to download something from the japanese e-shop. (Updates of MHX are going to be released in the e-shop like MH4U/G afaik).

So does that mean I need a N3DS XL with FW <=9.2? Because I found a FW 9.0 US N3DS XL (~160€) and a FW 9.0 EU N3DS XL (~250€) and I'm thinking about buying the US one.
After I bought that 3DS what else would I need? What would be the next steps? Buy US OoT to do the OOTHax and then installing a CFW? Do I need a Gateway card or is a free CFW (rxTools) enough?

Thank you in advance,

a confused dragokiller

Last edited by dragokiller1337,

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 9.2 O3DS XL. I have a Gateway, but I've not set that up, nor do I have any CFW set up. I've been complacent because of the Spider exploit. (I also have no OOT or Cubic Ninja).

I'm an idiot.

See, my 3DS has seen better days, and now has a failing hinge and a broken circle pad. Originally, I was planning on getting another O3DS XL - again OLD 3DS, not NEW 3DS - at a discounted price (with a carrying case :glare: man I fail at taking proper care of my handhelds), using CFW to update the sysnand to 9.2, and then use the eshop spoofing method to actually do a sysnand transfer, leaving me with two hackable consoles and plenty of options.

Question 1: Is there any way to spoof firmware so that I can do a sysnand system transfer between two O3DS XL systems? I realize that this is a pretty new development, but if anyone has any insight into this, I'd really appreciate it.

Now, if there isn't anything, I know I have a couple of options. The first option I have is to simply swap the motherboards between two O3DS XL systems. The catch is this involves a lot of manipulation of fragile parts, and while I think I could pull it off, I'm not eager to risk breaking the system (and I'd like having unused components). The second option I have is to follow a tutorial for manually transferring the system. The issue here is that it involves a lot of downgrading, and it would ultimately require me to call Nintendo and try to get them to transfer my NNID to the new system. Again, possible, but too many places to risk a brick or some other lockout from my account.

My third option, however, is to set up emunand, and do an emunand-to-sysnand system transfer from my old system to my new system. The new system would be completely legit and be pretty much incapable of CFW/flashcarts/etc., but I'd still have a system with which to pull those shenanigans.

Furthermore, I believe that I can restore the emunand to its pre-transfer state, letting me keep all of my saves and downloads on both systems! Yay! The downside of this, of course, is that I have zero eshop access on the old system. I also think I read that getting onto the eshop on the old system at all will result in the games being deleted from sysnand, so basically, no eshop ever (unless I unlink emunand?).

Question 2: Assuming all of the above is more or less correct (and please tell me if I'm wrong), can I still safely update emunand without Nintendo detecting my transferred NNID and nuking my data from orbit?

I have more complex questions, but this should be plenty for now. Thank you for anyone who can help!

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have one question. For the first time I tried blue gateway card to play some of ds games on my 3ds. Now when I return my gateway red card for 3ds games I can not boot in gateway mode. When I go to nintendo ds profile option to boot gateway mode it just enter to profile to change settings and won't boot. How can I fix this?

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lose the DS profile exploit for Gateway/CFW when you play any regular DS game. Just reinstall it with the gateway blue card or any other method if you're running CFW.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have one question. For the first time I tried blue gateway card to play some of ds games on my 3ds. Now when I return my gateway red card for 3ds games I can not boot in gateway mode. When I go to nintendo ds profile option to boot gateway mode it just enter to profile to change settings and won't boot. How can I fix this?
You have to reinstal the ds profile exploit, with the blue card, every time you play ds games

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to reinstal the ds profile exploit, with the blue card, every time you play ds games
You lose the DS profile exploit for Gateway/CFW when you play any regular DS game. Just reinstall it with the gateway blue card or any other method if you're running CFW.
Thanks guys. On blue cards there is option install 3ds gateway, I guess that is that. :)

Krymus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there guys!
I've a problem with my OLD 3DS lastest firmware.
I've Ironfall and used Ironhax on version 10.1.0-27E, and I downloaded the lastest starter kit from Smealum website and reinstaled the IronHax (just created a new save on Irofall with lastest starter kit version, didn't uninstalled Ironfall, I still have it on 1.1 version) and updated my 3ds to 10.3.0-28E.
Now I cant use ironHax, when i open the save the 3DS get an error and restart.
What can I do? I still have the old IronFall, usable for Ironhax, can I use "update" the IronHax from there?

Thanks guys! :)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a quick question/confirmation: Is themehax the only coldboot entry point available right now? I have someone else's o3DS with a 6.3.0-12U sysNAND sitting here, and I'm trying to decide how I should hook them up with emuNAND.

Last edited by YayMii,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question/confirmation: Is themehax the only coldboot entry point available right now? I have someone else's o3DS with a 6.3.0-12U sysNAND sitting here, and I'm trying to decide how I should hook them up with emuNAND.
correct its the only one
Hi there guys!
I've Ironfall and used Ironhax on version 10.1.0-27E, and I downloaded the lastest starter kit from Smealum website and reinstaled the IronHax (just created a new save on Irofall with lastest starter kit version, didn't uninstalled Ironfall, I still have it on 1.1 version) and updated my 3ds to 10.3.0-28E.
What can I do? I still have the old IronFall, usable for Ironhax, can I use "update" the IronHax from there?

you needed to update ironhax before you updated the 3ds now you need ninjhax or otthax to get ironhax working again
if i buy this sky3ds from this website https://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Sky-3DS-10.1.0-27x-USA/CANADA.html will it work on my usa reigon n3ds?
sky3ds does not care about flippin' regions (yes it will work)
I have a 9.2 O3DS XL. I have a Gateway, but I've not set that up, nor do I have any CFW set up. I've been complacent because of the Spider exploit. (I also have no OOT or Cubic Ninja).

I'm an idiot.

See, my 3DS has seen better days, and now has a failing hinge and a broken circle pad. Originally, I was planning on getting another O3DS XL - again OLD 3DS, not NEW 3DS - at a discounted price (with a carrying case :glare: man I fail at taking proper care of my handhelds), using CFW to update the sysnand to 9.2, and then use the eshop spoofing method to actually do a sysnand transfer, leaving me with two hackable consoles and plenty of options.

Question 1: Is there any way to spoof firmware so that I can do a sysnand system transfer between two O3DS XL systems? I realize that this is a pretty new development, but if anyone has any insight into this, I'd really appreciate it.

Now, if there isn't anything, I know I have a couple of options. The first option I have is to simply swap the motherboards between two O3DS XL systems. The catch is this involves a lot of manipulation of fragile parts, and while I think I could pull it off, I'm not eager to risk breaking the system (and I'd like having unused components). The second option I have is to follow a tutorial for manually transferring the system. The issue here is that it involves a lot of downgrading, and it would ultimately require me to call Nintendo and try to get them to transfer my NNID to the new system. Again, possible, but too many places to risk a brick or some other lockout from my account.

My third option, however, is to set up emunand, and do an emunand-to-sysnand system transfer from my old system to my new system. The new system would be completely legit and be pretty much incapable of CFW/flashcarts/etc., but I'd still have a system with which to pull those shenanigans.

Furthermore, I believe that I can restore the emunand to its pre-transfer state, letting me keep all of my saves and downloads on both systems! Yay! The downside of this, of course, is that I have zero eshop access on the old system. I also think I read that getting onto the eshop on the old system at all will result in the games being deleted from sysnand, so basically, no eshop ever (unless I unlink emunand?).

Question 2: Assuming all of the above is more or less correct (and please tell me if I'm wrong), can I still safely update emunand without Nintendo detecting my transferred NNID and nuking my data from orbit?

I have more complex questions, but this should be plenty for now. Thank you for anyone who can help!
1.) no you cant spoof for a system transfer your best option is to create emunand on the new console and emunand to emunand system transfer
1.furthermore) yes you can but the eshop issue is a lil different than you describe your systems will not have access at the same time and this extends to all nnid features not only eshop and i have never heard of the eshop titles being deleted :unsure:
2.) update emunand . . .on o3ds no problem you have nothing to worry about there :moogle:
Hey guys,

I tried to understand all this 3DS-Hacking-thing but I'm getting horribly confused.

First of all my plans:
I'm living in the EU and want to play JP Monster Hunter X (online/offline) and I need a N3DS XL. I don't want to buy a japanese one (hate japanese menues) and this is why I want to use a CFW for this. I heard that Homebrew-Channel won't be enough because somebody said to me that I'm going to need to change my NNID to download something from the japanese e-shop. (Updates of MHX are going to be released in the e-shop like MH4U/G afaik).

So does that mean I need a N3DS XL with FW <=9.2? Because I found a FW 9.0 US N3DS XL (~160€) and a FW 9.0 EU N3DS XL (~250€) and I'm thinking about buying the US one.
After I bought that 3DS what else would I need? What would be the next steps? Buy US OoT to do the OOTHax and then installing a CFW? Do I need a Gateway card or is a free CFW (rxTools) enough?

Thank you in advance,

a confused dragokiller
yes you need one 9.2 or lower and after buying it you will need internet and some quite reading time here is a link [Tutorial] How-to install a CFW on a 9.0-9.2 N3DS without CN/OOT cfw will allow .cia (roms) and that is enough good sir
btw you don't need to access the jap eshop to get game updates when using .cia versions of the game you can just pirate .cia game updates as well
Hello everyone,

I have Old3DS with 5.1.0-11E. I want to install RxTools and I'm going to use this tutorial to do it:

Can I do this on my 3DS? First, do I need to downgrade my system to 4.x? I must point that web browser is working on my 3DS (I can launch it and load sites without any problems). Second, how large SD card do you prefer to install .cia games? Now I have originally bundled 2GB SD Card and I want to upgrade to 16GB card.
If someone could anserw my questions it would be great.

And of course if tutorial that i posted above isn't good or it's outdated, please tell me what to do (maybe follow this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/)
1.) yes
2.) no downgrading is only beneficial for gateway users
3.) you can launch cfw many other ways that video guide seems old
4.) the bigger the sd card the better after setup on that 2 gig you currently have you could not even fit a single (mainstream) pokemon game (pokemon is 1.8 gb) i have a 16 gb and have about 22 games on (it not including homebrew)

and lastly use the guide you linked at the end there is a basic guide its own video guide and a like to a pretty noobproof guide with pics of almost every step
i'm redoing my brothers 2DS but i installed some stuff to nand by mistake ages ago. i want to fix it. there are 4 black boxes that show up sometime.
i think i know which 4 apps they are in FBI. the program codes are -

CTR-N-A3AP
CTR-N-AA2P
CTR-N-AX4E
CTR-N-HAAP

i've tried googling them but cant find anything. does anyone know if these are safe to delete from nand? i think they might be some GBA games.
yes use bbm(title manager) to remove them not fbi bbm will only show what you installed you can read about it here Help Please Black Squares In emuNAND (btw i love how people noobs tried to tell me i was incorrect about the cause of the black squares)
also if you want to check them agnest system titles compare them to this list Title list - 3dbrew

I have Rxtools on my 2DS. Now i happen to want to play nds games, how do I launch my Supercard DSONE (not i or anything)
Is there anyway?
i dont think that one will work. but if it ever worked on any previous 3ds fw version then you can follow these steps to unblock it
Have a DS flashcard?

If you have a DS flashcard that was able to be used on a 3DS at some point before Nintendo blocked it, you may be able to use it again! Note: The following method will not work for old DS flashcards that were blocked since the release of the original 3DS.

Open the Gateway Ultra download and go into the "Blue Card Fix" folder.
There will be a bluecardfix.cia inside; put it on your 3DS sd card.
Insert your SD back into your 3DS.

If you haven't injected FBI to Sysnand already, do so now by following Step 4a and choosing Sysnand in #7.

On your 3DS:
  • Launch RxMode Sysnand and open FBI (the one with its own icon).
  • Press L to change Destination to Nand.
  • Select bluecardfix.cia and press A to install it.
  • Choose to overwrite the title when it prompts you.
  • Once done, exit FBI.
You should now able to use your DS flashcard on your 3DS.
Things to note:

• If your DS flashcard still doesn't work, then it will probably never work on your 3DS.
  • You can use your DS flashcard in any mode (Sysnand, RxMode, Devmode), but exiting the card will bring you back to regular sysnand.
  • Running a DS flashcard will remove your MSET exploit if you have one (see the next section).
  • You can use a DS flashcard to easily install the MSET exploit (see the next section).
taken from this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my old 3ds firmware 9.2.0.0 , ninjahax pastacfw and 2.5 ( 9.0-9.2 ) is not part of FBI white screen ??????

I read that it can be injected .

Through Decrypt9WIP I extract the nand ?

with Decrypt9WIP I extract the Xorpad , with which command ? and how many files are the xorpad ?

after which I should Injects FBI in H & S , how? with which software , controls and driving ?

Finally as restore nand in sysnand with Decrypt9WIP ?

I hope someone clarify these steps to not brik console
thank you
. . .i am not trying to sound rude but are you following a guide it would help if you linked it
anyway if you are using a o3ds you should follow this guide [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) there is a basic guide its own video guide and a like to a pretty noobproof guide with pics of almost every step it uses another method to inject fbi without resorting to using a nand backup for the fbi injection process

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: kingaz

SonicRegret

Finis Omnium
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there guys!

You're supposed to update the payloads before you update, so no luck for you, no other solution except cubic ninja for now.

Reactions: Tony_93

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about getting a n3ds on Black Friday. I have been using my 3ds xp forever on 4.4 and plan to use the same gateway micro sd and sd card combo. Will this work and keep my saves? I have already looked at this post http://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-xl-firmware-by-version-number.381479/ about buying the right n3ds. Is there anything else I should know before I buy?

Shamier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can someone please help me out?

I have a New 3DS with Emunand 9.5 on it. As you know.. I cannot enter the e -shop with this version.
Well I understand that you have to do some things in 3DNUS like downloading newer components from the latest firmware.

Question 1 ) How do I download a new NVer , e-shop and mint ? And what is a NVer ?
Question 2 ) If I have downloaded this , how do I install them to get in Emunand without getting double icons ?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since normal Spoofer apps no more work on N3DS EmuNand. What the Hell is HANS?

Hans is a homebrew app released by smea, it allows you to do things like:

*Force the system to change the region of the game.

*Manually change the language to whatever there is available (Good for bilingual people or people who own imported systems).

* Set the cpu clock speed higher in N3DS (translated in faster loading times and less frame drops).

* Take in-game screenshots.

*Play romhacks like Pokemon Neo X and Neo Y.

*Higher compatibility with region free.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to tell which version of an app you have (e.g. v0, v16), with a browserhax/menuhax homebrew? Including carts, if they have a "v" version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol