• Views 4,457,841
  • Replies 53,771
  • Likes 43

budi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i have problem about my save game backup, i just upgrading my sdcard, i backup emuand using emunand tool, copy all inside my old sd into my pc, format new sdcard using 3ds, restore emunand bin using emunand tool to my new sd card, and restore all my data backup from my pc to my new sd card, and my save game data backup is missing?? why is that? did i miss something?? how i restore my saved games? (cia) sorry for noob question.

Last edited by budi7,

budi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
never mind guys i figure it out, it seem the the 3ds make new folder on the new sd card sd, i just delete them and link again, sorry.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have GW and you only want to update emunand, you can use a rom that has 9.5 on it, but it will not update any of the network apps (system transfer, browser, eshop, etc). You can check 3dbrew for a list of waht doesn't get updated iirc. If you absolutely HAVE to have those apps updated then yes, your only option is to install sysupdater to your emunand then download an update pack from that iso site. extract all of the cia files to a folder named "updates" on the root of your sd card. boot into gw emunand and then run sysupdater.

It is VERY important that you use sysupdater and not another cia installer like BBM, FBI, or DevMenu. Those three do not always install a cia file if the title already exists, where as sysupdater installs ALL files in the updates folder, regardless of whether the title already exists. If you do use one of the normal cia installers you are highly likely to end up with a Frankenstein firmware installation and such an install has been known to cause problems down the line.

OK, seems about what I expected.

My issue is that I just want to be on the latest emunand in case a game requires 9.5 or something and I only have 9.2. I have no idea if a game exists or will, but why not just get on 9.5 if it's easy.

Will going the rom route solve this issue? All I use my N3DS for is games, themes, local network (animal crossing). I've never gone online with it.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, if I get a N3DS Xl on 10.1 can I still run roms/cia files? Does browserhax still work, reading conflicting info?

Hi.

3DS with 10.1 firmware cannot launch any hack.
It needs 4.5 - 9.2 firmware (maybe 9.9 works, but not sure)

What you read was maybe emunand 10.1 on N3DS.
When you use gateway or rxTools (a custom firmware), you launch a parallel system of the official 3DS system (we call this emuNand)
This emuNand can be 10.1 on New 3DS, but in order to launch it, it needs a lower version of the 3DS system

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, seems about what I expected.

My issue is that I just want to be on the latest emunand in case a game requires 9.5 or something and I only have 9.2. I have no idea if a game exists or will, but why not just get on 9.5 if it's easy.

Will going the rom route solve this issue? All I use my N3DS for is games, themes, local network (animal crossing). I've never gone online with it.

If you only use GW you actually don't have to worry about this as GW patches the fw checks out when it boots the firmware.

There are several games already that require firmwares higher than 9.2 btw. Xenoblade Chronicles requires 9.4 and Tri Force Heroes requires 9.9, for example. But, like I said, as long as you are using GW this is not an issue. If you do decide to switch to another CFW like rxTools or Reinand, you will need to make sure any cia files you grab are fw spoofed to run on whatever version your emunand is on because, unlike GW, they do not patch the FW checks.

Ruben Burgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have recently bought used 3DS XL on firmware 4.4 with Gateway and emunand installed.
The thing is that I have an old 3DS with my NNID linked and the one I bought has someone else's NNID linked.
This may be a dumb question and it may have been asked here before, but can I unlink his NNID and link my NNID without having to update to the latest firmware on the recently bought 3DS XL?

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

3DS with 10.1 firmware cannot launch any hack.
It needs 4.5 - 9.2 firmware (maybe 9.9 works, but not sure)

What you read was maybe emunand 10.1 on N3DS.
When you use gateway or rxTools (a custom firmware), you launch a parallel system of the official 3DS system (we call this emuNand)
This emuNand can be 10.1 on New 3DS, but in order to launch it, it needs a lower version of the 3DS system

OK thank you for the help!

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is incorrect. At this time N3DS systems can only update emunand to 9.5. Attempting to update to 9.6 or higher will result in a black screen on booting emunand because of the new encryption that the N3DS uses on the NATIVE_FIRM.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told that emunand 10.1 works on N3DS and 10.2 does'nt work.

(But that's probably an error if you are right)
Can you point me in the direction of where you heard or were told that? It might be possible something happened in the last week to change things, idk.

More than likely you saw that one or more of the various *hax only work on 10.1 and not 10.2 and the discussion was probably centered on someone seeking help with a N3DS. I do know that browserhax was patched in the browser update that came with 10.2.0-28X, and that the version introduced before that was able to be disabled remotely. That plus the stubbed browser that shipped on carts with the 9.9.0 update are responsible for browserhax no longer working on most 9.9+ devices. Menuhax (themehax) was also patched in 10.2 from what I understand.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to do a system transfer from my O3DS 10.2 EmuNAND to my N3DS XL 10.2 SysNAND or would the cia installed games have errors and need to be "redownloaded from the eShop"?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to do a system transfer from my O3DS 10.2 EmuNAND to my N3DS XL 10.2 SysNAND or would the cia installed games have errors and need to be "redownloaded from the eShop"?
If they are legit cias and unmodified, they should transfer just fine. Any unsigned cias will give an error when you try to launch them on your n3DS since the signature checks will obviously be in place.

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding on firmware version of the sysnand? Upgrade to 9.2 or stay on 4.5 what are the cons and pros thanks, which is better of the two version

Ruben Burgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a question regarding on firmware version of the sysnand? Upgrade to 9.2 or stay on 4.5 what are the cons and pros thanks, which is better of the two version
I'm new to this whole homebrew and 3ds hacking, but I would say It's better to stay on firmware 4.5. I have one on firmware 4.4 and have emunand on firmware 10.1. This allows me to play the latest games and I can still use DS flashcards. Another reason to stay on 4.5 is to have the DS profile exploit. This allows you to go easily to your emunand.

I too have a question. I have asked this before, but I dint got a reply.
I have recently bought used 3DS XL on firmware 4.4 with Gateway and emunand installed.
The thing is that I have an old 3DS with my NNID linked and the one I bought has someone else's NNID linked.
Can I unlink his NNID and link my NNID without having to update to the latest firmware on the recently bought 3DS XL?

Last edited by Ruben Burgt,

stereowax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys another question, if I got a 9.0 N3DS can I use my Gateway for ROMs/install CIAs? I don't have Cubic Ninja or any of those games, does BrowserHax still work on 9.0?

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you do.

N3DS 9.0-9.2 are currently one of the best 3DS and firmware combo for 3DS hacking.

You will be able to launch gateway with browserHax and install menuHax.
Then you would be able to launch any unsigned CIA using emuNand (from GW or from rxTools) and any roms using GW emuNand.
Also, enjoy the menuHax, Homebrew and HANS features

Edit : the only meh of the N3DS is that emuNand can only be 9.5, NOT over

Last edited by koyuki38,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If using CFW, 9.2 is better as it allows for coldbooting via Themehax and allows for booting via MSET. It also allows for the spider exploits if you're interested in those.

If using Gateway, 4.5 is better as it allows you to boot GW via MSET. You cannot boot GW via themehax on any firmware version, so MSET is still the quickest way to boot.

I too have a question. I have asked this before, but I dint got a reply.
Can I unlink his NNID and link my NNID without having to update to the latest firmware on the recently bought 3DS XL?
I believe formatting the system should remove the NNID. You do not need to update to link/unlink your NNID. Set up emuNAND on the 4.4 3DS and update the emuNAND to the latest version. After that, do a system transfer to the 4.4 3DS's emuNAND.

OK guys another question, if I got a 9.0 N3DS can I use my Gateway for ROMs/install CIAs? I don't have Cubic Ninja or any of those games, does BrowserHax still work on 9.0?
Yes you can. Yes, Browserhax works on 9.0.

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,
Reactions: Ruben Burgt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1