• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong and wrong.

1) Most people in 4.5 have a working exploitable web browser.

2) You can downgrade to 4.2 and/or restore a NAND backup in any firmware using gateway's launcher as long you can get to the menu.

1.) I was mistaken then

2.) I meant using the web exploit to access gateway. I was under the impression that method was only for 9.0-9.2 with the latest gateway launcher.dat file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a nand dump though.

Wait what's devmode

Misread your post, sorry. Thought yo were trying to dump the nand, not restore it.

Devmode is a mode in rxTools that basically boots sysnand without signature checks. If you are using a 3.0 nightly it might be called pastemode now.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) I was mistaken then

2.) I meant using the web exploit to access gateway. I was under the impression that method was only for 9.0-9.2 with the latest gateway launcher.dat file.

The launcher should work in any firmware from 4.1-9.2

I doubt know why he is having problems with it.

@A Generic User Yeah, you can use sysupdater in Dev Mode to update to 9.2

That should fix your browser-gateway problem that is going on, you could then downgrade back to 4.x with the gateway downgrade feature.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about 3DNUS? If I use DevMenu/ BBM to install the required files I get from it in rxTools sysnand mode will it work?
No, using DevMenu or BBM will result in a Frankenstein firmware because it will often not overwrite existing titles when installing. To update like that you need to use sysupdater and download the update pack from that iso site.

You won't be able to get the files from 3DNUS anymore because almost all files from pre-9.9 were taken of the CDN.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, using DevMenu or BBM will result in a Frankenstein firmware because it will often not overwrite existing titles when installing. To update like that you need to use sysupdater and download the update pack from that iso site.

You won't be able to get the files from 3DNUS anymore because almost all files from pre-9.9 were taken of the CDN.
Ah

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aroth Dev mode is sysnand with signatures patched but WITHOUT FIRMWARE SPOOFING which is what causes the bricks.

@A Generic User Don't even think using BBM/whatever else you currently to install cias.

Sysupdater + Dev Mode is needed to avoid bricks.

1)Install sysupdater in your system nand (SD).
2)Get the 9.2 update from some iso site and place the updates folder in the root of your SD card.
3)Launch rxTools it in Dev Mode
4)Press A to update

Last edited by Tony_93,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@A Generic User

For users on firmware 4.5 or above, you can trigger the Gateway boot method by launching the Browser Application, and visiting the following site:
* http://go.gateway-3ds.com

Make sure the Launcher.dat file is placed on the big SD Card (internal to the 3DS console) when visiting the site.

The Launcher file can be found in the Downloads section [here], and downgrade packs for the different console regions will be added shortly!

We also have the following notes:
* It may be needed for some users to clear cookies and history in the Browser Application for proper activation.
* We also recommend that users bookmark this site for convenience.
* Support for New 3DS is still a work in progress, please be patient!

From gateway's site. Note the part marked in bold.

Also, make sure to grab the latest launcher file (3.4.1) if you haven't yet as even though you are on a old firmware, it might still be bugging out. Wouldn't hurt to make sure you have the latest files for the mset stuff as well just in case.

@Aroth Dev mode is sysnand with signatures patched but WITHOUT FIRMWARE SPOOFING which is what causes the bricks.

@A Generic User Don't even think using BBM/whatever else you currently to install cias.

Sysupdater + Dev Mode is needed to avoid bricks.

I use a N3DS, so for me DevMode is just sig patches. No one except gateway does firmware spoof patches for the N3DS atm.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@A Generic User

From gateway's site. Note the part marked in bold.

Also, make sure to grab the latest launcher file (3.4.1) if you haven't yet as even though you are on a old firmware, it might still be bugging out. Wouldn't hurt to make sure you have the latest files for the mset stuff as well just in case.

I use a N3DS, so for me DevMode is just sig patches. No one except gateway does firmware spoof patches for the N3DS atm.
I have done all of that (except the stuff about the cias), yet still cannot get Gateway working.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF

Gateway literally just loaded in my browser for whatever reason! And it was version 3.3! Not even the 3.4.1 I had on my SD card! I'm serious! I was typing in a reply while my 3DS was in the browser and it just booted! Wha....

w/e, now I can restore my nand dump and get shit working again.

And yes I was on 4.5.

Last edited by A Generic User,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WTF

Gateway literally just loaded in my browser for whatever reason! And it was version 3.3! I'm serious! I was typing in a reply while my 3DS was in the browser and it just booted! Wha....

w/e, now I can restore my nand dump and get shit working again.

And yes I was on 4.5.
I remember reading somewhere once that the browser exploit that gateway used on the o3ds was unstable and had a horrid success rate, maybe you just got REALLY unlucky.

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading somewhere once that the browser exploit that gateway used on the o3ds was unstable and had a horrid success rate, maybe you just got REALLY unlucky.
Well when I was on 9.2 after doing a thing I could get it working almost 100% of the time, so yea this time I probably got really unlucky.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question I run MenuHax 2.5 with IronHax 2.5 as a backup on a N3DS 9.9 and wondered, is it safe to install the Triforce Heroes Demo via HANS eShop access? As far as I know only retail cards have stub-updates but I would like to make sure.

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow. That hurts.

What i can say : i have a tri force heroes CIA on my emunand (and only this one, not the sysNand) and for now i didn't have any probleme with it. Anyway my emunand is already 10.2 and i didn't really played the game but only launched it on menu

yoyoloto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys I have a problem with emunand tool, when I try to inject the NAND to my new SD card it says ''write failed (21) device not ready'', I tried reformatting my sd card to FAT32 and repeating the steps (format emunand, then inject) and it still does not work. Putting files in the SD card never have caused errors like this, so why is it happening and how do i fix it ? Btw, the SD card is supposedly 16GB but I noticed on my computer it is actually 14.8GB... is that normal ? (thats after formatting to FAT32)

Really appreciate your help guys thanks in advance

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. That hurts.

What i can say : i have a tri force heroes CIA on my emunand (and only this one, not the sysNand) and for now i didn't have any probleme with it. Anyway my emunand is already 10.2 and i didn't really played the game but only launched it on menu

Yeah but is installed in emunand not in sysnand so you won't have any problems...

That's like people afraid to update emunand to 10.2 because it will block Themehax/Menuhax. :glare:

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I have a problem with emunand tool, when I try to inject the NAND to my new SD card it says ''write failed (21) device not ready'', I tried reformatting my sd card to FAT32 and repeating the steps (format emunand, then inject) and it still does not work. Putting files in the SD card never have caused errors like this, so why is it happening and how do i fix it ? Btw, the SD card is supposedly 16GB but I noticed on my computer it is actually 14.8GB... is that normal ? (thats after formatting to FAT32)

Really appreciate your help guys thanks in advance

The 14.8 instead of 16 is normal...

Does the emunand format properly with no errors?

Also, you can try backing up emunand again, it may be corrupted too.

yoyoloto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 14.8 instead of 16 is normal...

Does the emunand format properly with no errors?

Also, you can try backing up emunand again, it may be corrupted too.

Ok for the 14.8

Yes the emunand format went smooth

Im gonna redo the entire procedure with a new emunand back up and we'll see, thanks !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok