• Views 4,541,176
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Turtlicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a 3DS at Ver. 10.2.0-28U I have access to Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. (The Carts.) I also have a Powersaves Pro! Where should I start to getting my 3DS able to run homebrew?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a 3DS at Ver. 10.2.0-28U I have access to Ocarina of Time and Super Smash Bros. (The Carts.) I also have a Powersaves Pro! Where should I start to getting my 3DS able to run homebrew?
i wish i had good news but Homebrew Exploits - 3dbrew
smashhax only works on n3ds
and you need the hbc to install oothax so unless you know someone with the hbc to help you set up oothax you are out of luck
googled your question and got this New Nintendo 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer ...
since ill be getting that new flash cart in the mail from the halloween raffle i might as well ask this now, do i need a hacked 3ds to use it? cuz im not willing to do that XD
f*** my luck! . . . just f*** it. if i had won it i would use it . . .
so yeah you would need to have a hacked 3ds as scds2+ uses gateway emulation (for 3ds roms requires 9.2 or lower) and gateway is basically cfw
although from what i am told if you want to ignore 3ds roms you can still use it as a ds flashcard (in any model ds system from ds fat to n3dsxl in any fw) . . . or you can sell it to me!?!
Guys, big question: it is better to pass from sysnand 4.5 to 9.2 for rxtools and legit CIAs or I stay in 4.5?

Thanks.
that question is hard to answer without your setup info . . . but rxtools and fbi (cia installer) are not "reasons" to update as you can install both on 4.5 [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) but the reason to update sysnand is is for themehax menuhax this will let you autoboot into emunand seen here https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LcAMVMpXjzo (autoboot not available with gateway . . . but if you have an android you can use this app 3DS X-Loader to boot rxtools and/or gateway (through browser) even without internet)
so if you don't use gateway there is no reason at all to stay on 4.5 and if you are using gateway the only to stay on 4.5 is reason is gateway does not have mset or autoboot for 9.2/9.0 (but can still do offline booting with android app)

but if you want my opinion . . . i don't even like entertaining the thought that gateway can even/ever be an option ( . . .the only real advantage it has is also one of its larger flaws you don't need to wait for games to install so instead they make you setup headers or risk getting a perma-ban from big' N') so update your nand use the autoboot and if you own a gateway burn that mutha' fucka'!!! sell it

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Sam_SpadeR

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that rxTools and GW use the same EMUnand. With that being the case, could you autoboot rxtools with themehax to enter emunand, and from there simply pop in the red gateway card to play backups? I'm just looking for a less cumbersome way to boot gateway backups that doesn't involve OOT save hopping every time.

Thanks again guys, you've been a great help for the last few days and tonight's the night I get to actually put all this information to use!

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a 9.5.0-22E 3DS with menuhax. I opened eShop by opening HANS, selecting eShop and switching all options off apart from spoof firmware.

I chose to download the Tri Force Heroes demo. It downloaded but when I open it from the Home Menu it stays on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen forever.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a 9.5.0-22E 3DS with menuhax. I opened eShop by opening HANS, selecting eShop and switching all options off apart from spoof firmware.

I chose to download the Tri Force Heroes demo. It downloaded but when I open it from the Home Menu it stays on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen forever.
did you use hans to spoof fw for triforce heroes as well

Last edited by wormdood,

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i wish i had good news but Homebrew Exploits - 3dbrew
smashhax only works on n3ds
and you need the hbc to install oothax so unless you know someone with the hbc to help you set up oothax you are out of luck
googled your question and got this New Nintendo 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer ...
f*** my luck! . . . just f*** it. if i had won it i would use it . . .
so yeah you would need to have a hacked 3ds as scds2+ uses gateway emulation (for 3ds roms requires 9.2 or lower) and gateway is basically cfw
although from what i am told if you want to ignore 3ds roms you can still use it as a ds flashcard (in any model ds system from ds fat to n3dsxl in any fw) . . . or you can sell it to me!?!
that question is hard to answer without your setup info . . . but rxtools and fbi (cia installer) are not "reasons" to update as you can install both on 4.5 [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS) but the reason to update sysnand is is for themehax menuhax this will let you autoboot into emunand seen here https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LcAMVMpXjzo (autoboot not available with gateway . . . but if you have an android you can use this app 3DS X-Loader to boot rxtools and/or gateway (through browser) even without internet)
so if you don't use gateway there is no reason at all to stay on 4.5 and if you are using gateway the only to stay on 4.5 is reason is gateway does not have mset or autoboot for 9.2/9.0 (but can still do offline booting with android app)

but if you want my opinion . . . i don't even like entertaining the thought that gateway can even/ever be an option ( . . .the only real advantage it has is also one of its larger flaws you don't need to wait for games to install so instead they make you setup headers or risk getting a perma-ban from big' N') so update your nand use the autoboot and if you own a gateway burn that mutha' fucka'!!! sell it

Oh, got it, man. Thanks a lot!

Now, the MSET DS profile shorcut is the same in 9.2 like in 4.5 FW consoles? It is easy to upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2 using sysupdater (whatever the name is)?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
did you use hans to spoof fw for triforce heroes as wall
It crashes.

BTW: why does Tri Force Heroes stay on the 3DS screen forever, instead of saying "you need to update" or something? I have never encountered this behaviour before (I have never installed anything from HANS spoofed eShop before though).

----

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, got it, man. Thanks a lot!

Now, the MSET DS profile shorcut is the same in 9.2 like in 4.5 FW consoles? It is easy to upgrade from 4.5 to 9.2 using sysupdater (whatever the name is)?
if you mean the themehax autoboot (instructions can be found in the guide i linked for you) its way easyer than mset on 4.5 after its setup all you need to do is turn on the 3ds and your in emunand
also you can downgrade mset on 9.2 as well (just not gateway mset) so you can still launch via mset if you choose
It crashes.

BTW: why does Tri Force Heroes stay on the 3DS screen forever, instead of saying "you need to update" or something? I have never encountered this behaviour before (I have never installed anything from HANS spoofed eShop before though).

----
here i found this HANS game compatibility thread

Last edited by wormdood,

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
you deleted them all huh . . . so it is a full brick . . . the only way to fix this is with your own nand backup from that system and a hardmod . . . there is no other way you can find a 3ds hardmod walk-through at instructables.com (from what i hear) or some people here will do it (the hardmod that is) for a small fee (i dont have any names sorry)
dsiware and/or gba cias must be installed to systmnand as well in order to use them from emunand
and as far as the n3ds only title xenoblade it should work from emunand my thought is its a bad dump (re-dump it) or otherwise incomplete download (re-download it)
hey i already did some research and make my on diy to fix my bsod or screen of death 3ds,well i successfully recover from bricked using Nand Hard mod..

Last edited by vhaines,
Reactions: wormdood

gainer77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there everyone. Had a question about gateway. I'm on an o3ds running 10.2. I have cubic ninja and Oot and was wondering if there is a way to get gateway up and running. Seems like it's asking for browser for an o3ds which doesn't work for me, or if people have a n3ds they can use Oot or cubic ninja. Just not sure what I would be able to do if anything.... Thanks

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that rxTools and GW use the same EMUnand. With that being the case, could you autoboot rxtools with themehax to enter emunand, and from there simply pop in the red gateway card to play backups? I'm just looking for a less cumbersome way to boot gateway backups that doesn't involve OOT save hopping every time.

Thanks again guys, you've been a great help for the last few days and tonight's the night I get to actually put all this information to use!
While Gateway and rxTools do use the same emuNAND, you cannot use the red card with rxTools. When you boot into Gateway mode it patches the firmware so game cart reads are redirected to the red card's mSD. They also add in the rom menu and map the select button to open it. RxTools doesn't do that when it boots. If you want to play unsigned games on rxTools you'll need to install the games as cias.

Hi there everyone. Had a question about gateway. I'm on an o3ds running 10.2. I have cubic ninja and Oot and was wondering if there is a way to get gateway up and running. Seems like it's asking for browser for an o3ds which doesn't work for me, or if people have a n3ds they can use Oot or cubic ninja. Just not sure what I would be able to do if anything.... Thanks
Gateway only supports firmwares 9.2 and lower. On 10.2 your only option for roms is Sky3DS. Note that Sky3DS can't play some of the newer games as they have an additional anti-piracy check that prevents the Sky3DS from running them.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was all ready to get Gateway up and running tonight, and unfortunately tonight will be my only opportunity to do it for the next two weeks, so I was really looking forward to it (it's an early Christmas gift for my girlfriend).
Unfortunately, in all of my preparation, I missed the part about having a save dongle for the OOT exploit. If I follow this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/page-14), will I be able to prepare the OOT save and then reformat my sysnand and effectively undo everything now that Gateway is prepared?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was all ready to get Gateway up and running tonight, and unfortunately tonight will be my only opportunity to do it for the next two weeks, so I was really looking forward to it (it's an early Christmas gift for my girlfriend).
Unfortunately, in all of my preparation, I missed the part about having a save dongle for the OOT exploit. If I follow this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/page-14), will I be able to prepare the OOT save and then reformat my sysnand and effectively undo everything now that Gateway is prepared?
You can prepare Gateway with that guide. After you get the Cubic Ninja cia setup with Gateway, boot Gateway in sysNAND (hold B when selecting the boot Gateway mode option) and install the downgraded MSET cia to sysNAND. From the Gateway menu, you can then run the NVRAM installer and launch Gateway via MSET (DS profile) exploit. If you want to get rid of the Cubic Ninja rom after you've set up the MSET exploit, boot Gateway into sysNAND and go to setings > data management > 3DS > software and uninstall Cubic Ninja from there. If you format sysNAND, you will clear the NVRAM and need to reinstall it through the Gateway menu or with a DS flashcart.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, thank you!
And would I be able to then update back to 9.2 using another MSET/sysnand format?
You're not actually downgrading the console, just the system settings. Formatting sysNAND will not restore the 9.2 MSET. You'll need the downgraded MSET to launch Gateway, so you do not want to reinstall the 9.2 version.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're not actually downgrading the console, just the system settings. Formatting sysNAND will not restore the 9.2 MSET. You'll need the downgraded MSET to launch Gateway, so you do not want to reinstall the 9.2 version.

I think there may be a misunderstanding, I'll try to be a little clearer.
I'm aiming to follow that guide to get Gateway to work. Then I'll use Gateway to restore the Gateway-provided OOT save to the retail cart, allowing me to boot Gateway "normally" (allowing me to follow this guide. http://scmods.com/gw_guide/v3.2.1-New3DS.pdf)
Once that's done (and Gateway is prepared), I'd follow that guide after removing the cubic ninja rom, everything else, and I'd like to re-update the system settings to 9.2

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think there may be a misunderstanding, I'll try to be a little clearer.
I'm aiming to follow that guide to get Gateway to work. Then I'll use Gateway to restore the Gateway-provided OOT save to the retail cart, allowing me to boot Gateway "normally" (allowing me to follow this guide. http://scmods.com/gw_guide/v3.2.1-New3DS.pdf)
Once that's done (and Gateway is prepared), I'd follow that guide after removing the cubic ninja rom, everything else, and I'd like to re-update the system settings to 9.2
That's a lot more work, and launching via MSET is MUCH more convenient than using OoT to launch every time. Instead of having to launch OoT then swap the cart out for the Gateway, you can just have the Gateway cart inserted and go to system settings > other settings > DS profile settings and Gateway will launch. You'll still have the normal 9.2 settings in emuNAND, you'll just have 4.X settings in sysNAND. That guide also tells you to install the MSET exploit which requires the downgraded MSET on sysNAND.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so if I follow that guide and then just go from there, how does that affect the blue card's ability to play NDS roms? Do I still need flashcardtimewarp?

EDIT: also, doesn't the DS profile exploit have to be redone quite often?

Last edited by AceEvo55,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut