• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have either DevMenu or BigBlueMenu and SaveDataFiler on my N3DS. DevMenu and BigBlueMenu let you install cias and SaveDataFiler lets you extract save data from your games. If you want to go online, download patches and use the eShop you'll want Free Multi Patcher; it spoofs your N3DS's firmware to allow you back on the eShop. If you plan on converting roms to cias you'll also want Decrypt9 to generate the xorpads.

ReiNAND is the best N3DS CFW currently. ReiNAND has emuNAND support and has the signature patches. It does not support region free or agb_firm (GBA) yet.

The hardmod is up to you; personally I don't have one installed, but if you want to be prepared in case something goes wrong, you can get one.
Thanks for taking your time and answering my questions. That's easily one of the best responses I've gotten here on the Temp in months. Very precise and informative, thanks again ^^ !

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a bit of trouble hunting a few of these down. Can you provide links to any of the tools you mentioned?
I can't provide links to DevMenu, SaveDataFiler or BigBlueMenu due to forum rules. DevMenu and SaveDataFiler can be found on "some iso site" (hint: search for "sdk.devkit").

BigBlueMenu can be found among the first few Google results for itself.

Free Multi Patcher can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/

Decrypt9 can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/

The release thread for ReiNAND is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-n3ds-cfw.394309/
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the compiled version of the CFW, but you should be able to find it by searching for the author's pastebin.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't provide links to DevMenu, SaveDataFiler or BigBlueMenu due to forum rules. DevMenu and SaveDataFiler can be found on "some iso site" (hint: search for "sdk.devkit").

BigBlueMenu can be found among the first few Google results for itself.

Free Multi Patcher can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/

Decrypt9 can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/download-decrypt9-wip-3dsx-launcher-dat.388831/

The release thread for ReiNAND is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/source-release-reinand-n3ds-cfw.394309/
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to the compiled version of the CFW, but you should be able to find it by searching for the author's pastebin.
Okay, thanks again!

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi hi,
A quick question here.
I was reading through the arcode thread, and I have an o3ds that I upgraded to 9.9 and n3ds which I saw can't grab arcodes while on gateway mode.

So I'm gonna try to mess around with my o3ds.
My question is, using ironhax/tubehax, can you downgrade the browser back to 9.5 to be able to use the arcode?
Another question, with ironhax/tubehax, can you install freemultipatcher and savedatafiler? Any recommended cfw to go along with it? NTR? Do I need to install other stuff to make it install cias too? I'd like to mess around with my o3ds :P

Thanks!

Last edited by iceaco,

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi hi,
A quick question here.
I was reading through the arcode thread, and I have an o3ds that I upgraded to 9.9 and n3ds which I saw can't grab arcodes while on gateway mode.

So I'm gonna try to mess around with my o3ds.
My question is, using ironhax/tubehax, can you downgrade the browser back to 9.5 to be able to use the arcode?
Another question, with ironhax/tubehax, can you install freemultipatcher and savedatafiler? Any recommended cfw to go along with it? NTR? Do I need to install other stuff to make it install cias too? I'd like to mess around with my o3ds :P

Thanks!

You can't do anything with firmware 9.9 so forget it. All you can do is run homebrews and that's it.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ouch okay. Thanks~
I'll have to look either into Powersaves or pray gateway soon comes with their cheat support +_+

If you have GW or any other CFW in your N3DS, you can use NTR 3.0 though. It's just ARCodes that don't work there due to the different browser.

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have GW or any other CFW in your N3DS, you can use NTR 3.0 though. It's just ARCodes that don't work there due to the different browser.
Yeah that's the unfortunate part.. I'll go google the NTR cheats stuff~
Oh how I miss cheating in Supercard :P
*self loathing mode* if only I didn't update my O3DS..

irvinscastle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question, I just got a sky3ds from someone here, it came with a few games including smash bros. It says an update is available can I update it? or do i disable wifi?

iceaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question~
I'm using gateway and trying to use savedatafiler with Fantasy Life to get the save files and use the save editor in this forum.
Savedatafiler shows CTR broken.
I am trying to follow this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Two questions:
1. Would the plugin work with NTR 3.0 or do I have to find an old version (2.2? 2.0?)EDIT: Tried the BootNTR 2.4 cia with NTR 2.2 and it doesn't work with N3DS.. How do you install NTR 2.2 on gateway??
2. Once i copy the plugin directory to microsd root, do I just run bootNTR and the plugin will be applied automatically? EDIT: Figured it out but it doesn't show any save manager plugin.

I actually tried to do the above but nothing happened, SDF still says CTR broken.
Does anyone have alternative?

Thanks~

EDIT: Damn the NTR Debugger is powerful..
It'll still be useful to know how to back up the save using savedatafiler, but my original purpose is achieved through NTR Debugger.

Last edited by iceaco,

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Looking at buying a New 3DS and want to use a Sky3DS Blue Button edition with it.

Do I have to look for any specific firmware, exploit titles or anything else or can I just pick any console off the shelf, throw in the card and get playing with ease?

-rs

XolifreX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Belgium
According to the system update history for both Nintendo of America/Japan (Europe doesn't list dates for their updates unfortunately), version 9.0.0 came out at around early October.

So your untouched 3ds would most likely be on version 8.1.0 at most.

For unboxed 3ds, you will need to find out the serial number (which can be found on the box, on the manual, on the 3ds itself).

Checked my version of the 3ds.
When getting my 3ds ready with settings and stuff, I intentionally didn't chose a internet connection to avoid the risk of updating it accidentally :P
Apparently this 3ds is version 4.4 o:

With that version I'm easily able to use Gateway and set up a emuNAND, am I corrent? :)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I make my games and saves on sysnand appear on emunand if I have unlinked nands?
If you don't want to format emuNAND, you'll need to reinstall the games on emuNAND. After you've installed the games on emuNAND extract the saves on sysNAND and inject them to emuNAND using SaveDataFiler.

Checked my version of the 3ds.
When getting my 3ds ready with settings and stuff, I intentionally didn't chose a internet connection to avoid the risk of updating it accidentally :P
Apparently this 3ds is version 4.4 o:

With that version I'm easily able to use Gateway and set up a emuNAND, am I corrent? :)
Yep! All you'll need is a DS flashcart (if you're going to get a Gateway, the blue card is one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol