• Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks tons, BobDoleOwndU!

More questions coming up:
1. What is the benefit of installing .cia´s on sysNAND? I presume that I never need that.
2. Should I perform 'Format System Memory' before or after updating emuNAND to 9.9?
3. rxTools/rxMode can run .cia binaries. Can it run .3ds binaries as well?
4. Not sure of this question is allowed, but can rxTools create (playable) backups of my original cartridges? For backup purposes only of course.

Thanks again :-)
No problem!

1. There's no real benefit of installing a .cia on sysNAND instead of emuNAND with two exceptions (that I can think of). The first exception is flashcard timewarp, which allows (some) blocked DS flashcarts to run on the 3DS. The other is the 4.X version of system settings, which is only beneficial to consoles above 4.5 firmware so they can use the MSET exploit again (this only works if someone has developed a new ROP chain for that console's firmware).

2. Doesn't matter. As long as you remove the SD card before formatting, the result will be the same.

3. No. So far Gateway is the only rom loader that can use .3ds files. It should be possible, but so far nobody has written the code to redirect where the 3DS reads game files from.

4. Yep, this question is ok; you just can't ask for links to roms. Currently, rxTools doesn't have a rom dumping function. You can use the Gateway launcher to dump carts though. You do not need the Gateway cart to do this.

Reactions: fitz420

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, you posted in an old thread with an unrelated question! Please use this Noob Paradise thread to ask things like this in the future.

Now for your problem, can you tell me some more details about what exactly is happening? Were you able to get the Cubic Ninja game to load on your Sky3ds?
oh sorry i was in the wrong tab haha. Cubic ninja launches correctly. After i scann the QR code it freezes and sometimes restarts. i already have boot.3dsx in my sd card root

andrew weeks

Trophies
XP
Country
With the boot.3dsx file on the root of your N3ds' sd card, try this one:

HBMUChw.png

Edit - whoops forgot to quote you
Still freezing. Sometimes it freezes with an vertical white line on the top right corner

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anybody help me i downgraded the mset on my 9.2 3ds using rxtools but now i can´t install the mset to boot rxtools i sued the 2.6 version of rxinstaller and the 3.0 one
but when i go to ds profile it launch without the exploit and when i try to downgrade the mset it says that my mset is already downgraded

EDIT: I formated my 3ds and installed it again but when i boot the ds profile it doesn´t boot and says error and restart my 3ds

how can i uninstall system apps and then reinstall them again?

Last edited by Rioluwott,

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well i'm missing the "Hacking concepts" thread. lol.
-- Sorry to moderator. I would put those links here this time.
This explains how the methods are employed to attack a hardware. The model he used seems quite familar.
-- And this for those "Fault injection".
And this Doctor has a lot of experience in doing so. orz.
-- Also, Clock glitches, Voltage glitches, Laser Probes.. DFA, Power consumption.. Lots of definitions.
Surely these is not for a noob but one would like to get those hardware ways..
So please not quote this if you don't know wtf it is.
-- If you think that helps some devs with their work, go ahead to show the links to them.
-- I don't know either (i only get used to programming, pure software).
Finally. Say. Bye guys, happy with your devs or games.

roei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello, I bought a new 3ds xl and It's on version 9.4. are there any exploits for this version besids ninjahax 2.0? and what is my best option for loading 3ds roms?

R4ndom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it possible to create a EmuNAND which will run exactly like a previous sysNAND?

I made a EmuNAND for my n3DS 9.0.0-20E for ReiNAND a way back, and have since then formatted my sysNAND. However, the content never appear in my emuNAND as it did in sysNAND. I do have a exact backup of how my SD card was before the "Format EmuNAND", and I have a backup of my sysNAND the moment before the emuNAND format, as well as a backup of the emuNAND created. Is it possible to make it so that when I boot my emuNAND, all my content will appear at the home menu just like it was before my initial emuNAND format, games and saves and everything?

Tomato-sandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say Rxtools is more than enough, and it's free. So if you're on 9.2 or lower, go for it!
You can even play cartridges with rxtools, and region free.

Themes are region locked, so the only way to use JAP themes on a USA 3DS is to use a homebrew called CHMM, then download the official JAP themes converted to the format CHMM uses. I can help you with that if you need it.

Thanks a lot! Sorry about the late reply. I didn't have internet for almost two weeks. I pre-ordered dai gyakuten and it comes with a Sherlock theme that you can either download from the store or input a code but it's confusing. Here's the theme set in question I'm trying to install in the future on my N3DS.

I'm only trying to install that theme and if possible download the free/paid DLC in the future.

theme set.png

lachtos

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
I just got a New 3DS with Xenoblade and I only had a DS Lite before (with some carts and EZ Flash flashcart). I would like to know what my next steps should be if I wanted to be able to play downloaded 3ds roms on the n3ds (mario, pokemon titles). Online is not a priority but would be nice if it worked. I would like to be able to buy/download eShop games. My n3ds says it's on 9.5 firmware. Should I buy the Sky3ds cart? Or the Gateway3ds? Or something else? What do I have to know before purchasing one?
Edit: Region is Europe.

Also as a side question: my EZ Flash cart from DS Lite doesn't work on n3ds. Can I get it to work so I can play DS games?

Thanks!

Last edited by lachtos,

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the recent ninjhax developments, I'm looking into importing a small N3DS so I can upgrade from my old one and have the addition of faceplates.

However, I have a bunch of eShop games downloaded to my O3DS and I'm not sure if it'd be a wise decision to import, since I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do a system transfer from one region to another.

My question is, is there any way to transfer downloaded games from one region (with saves) to another through homebrew? I really don't wanna lose my New Leaf town, haha.

Thanks!

Rhymekaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the recent ninjhax developments, I'm looking into importing a small N3DS so I can upgrade from my old one and have the addition of faceplates.

However, I have a bunch of eShop games downloaded to my O3DS and I'm not sure if it'd be a wise decision to import, since I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do a system transfer from one region to another.

My question is, is there any way to transfer downloaded games from one region (with saves) to another through homebrew? I really don't wanna lose my New Leaf town, haha.

Thanks!
SaveDataFiler sounds like what you'd be looking for.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaveDataFiler sounds like what you'd be looking for.

Would that work across regions, though? I have a US O3DS and I'd be transfering to either an EU or JP N3DS. Also, what tool would allow me to transfer the games themselves? I really only care about New Leaf's save file, everything else I don't mind starting over.

Rhymekaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would that work across regions, though? I have a US O3DS and I'd be transfering to either an EU or JP N3DS. Also, what tool would allow me to transfer the games themselves? I really only care about New Leaf's save file, everything else I don't mind starting over.

The games themselves? No idea. Think you're just about boned on that front. I think as long as you go from a US game to a US game you'll be fine, though

Here's a list of homebrew (and I assume by association, supported by Ninjhax) save and game managers:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew#Saves_and_games_managers

Maybe one of these can do what you need.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! Sorry about the late reply. I didn't have internet for almost two weeks. I pre-ordered dai gyakuten and it comes with a Sherlock theme that you can either download from the store or input a code but it's confusing. Here's the theme set in question I'm trying to install in the future on my N3DS.

I'm only trying to install that theme and if possible download the free/paid DLC in the future.

View attachment 21756
No problem! I almost forgot I replied to you xD
You can't access japanese Eshop on a USA 3DS. So you don't have access to Japanese DLC/updates/themes.
Rxtools can install out of region DLC, but I heard it doesn't always work though. You'd have to install it as a cia. As for the theme, you still need a Japanese 3DS to use it officially. Like I said before, CHMM is an app where you can install custom themes. Even official themes converted to CHMM format.

phazer

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
No problem!

1. There's no real benefit of installing a .cia on sysNAND instead of emuNAND with two exceptions (that I can think of). The first exception is flashcard timewarp, which allows (some) blocked DS flashcarts to run on the 3DS. The other is the 4.X version of system settings, which is only beneficial to consoles above 4.5 firmware so they can use the MSET exploit again (this only works if someone has developed a new ROP chain for that console's firmware).

2. Doesn't matter. As long as you remove the SD card before formatting, the result will be the same.

3. No. So far Gateway is the only rom loader that can use .3ds files. It should be possible, but so far nobody has written the code to redirect where the 3DS reads game files from.

4. Yep, this question is ok; you just can't ask for links to roms. Currently, rxTools doesn't have a rom dumping function. You can use the Gateway launcher to dump carts though. You do not need the Gateway cart to do this.

Thanks for the answers.

My current progress status is:
-emuNAND successfully updated to 9.9
-performed 'Format System Memory' to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND
-successfully installed FBI over Health&Safety App in emuNAND
-successfully installed BigBlueMenu cia in emuNAND

Again I have some more issues and questions:

1. Leaving System Settings from within emuNAND returns to sysNAND. Is that 'normal'?
2. Launching automatic rxMode emuNAND mode sporadically does not work. Using the menu item instead works properly.
3. I tried to launch GW launcher again (go.gateway-3ds.com), but it does not load anymore. Due to the installed DS profile exploit?
4. Still using rxTools release 2.6. Is that okay or are there any reasons or pros to use 3.x?
5. My sdcard is a SANDISK Ultra microSDHC 32GB Class 10. Is it okay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @K3Nv2 's birth: