• Likes 43

ChronicHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I have a New 3DS XL (US), Cubic Ninja, Gateway with delinked SysNAND and EmuNAND -- I've backed up my cartridges and am looking to convert them to CIA's so they can be installed to the internal SD card. Can anyone help out here? I'd also like to transfer my saves if possible.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just got a crazy deal on a CRT-001 3DS via Craigslist but it's on 9.6.0-24U.

Assume I'm stuck and there are no options at this time?
Basically, sky or nothing. No way to downgrade.
Guys, I have searched a lot and so far what I understood was: (Fix me if I'm wrong)

1) Sky3DS only runs .3DS files.
2) There is a way to avoid header's issues that is using .CIA games, in this case just Gateway can run.
3) To avoid the header's issues in Sky3DS we have to dump the room, getting a private header.

Okay, after search a lot, I almost decided to go with Sky3DS. It's easier to use and also I have a New Nintendo 3DS and the exploit needs a original cartridge of Zelda OoT', which I don't have it.
Therefore, I didn't understand the procedures to dumper a rom.
My question is: Can I get a private header from Mario Kart 7 for example, and use the header in Smash Bros? Or the header and the game must be the same?

Thanks guys.

Edit: Also, is there problem if I do not dump the rom and play in local multiplayer, not online? Can I get banned in the same way?
Yes headers work on any game.

CIA is an archive, that is extracted to the sys menu. They can technically check if it is in your nnid's purchase history, but it is definitely less suspect then using the same header as 300 other people. That said, neither is perfect. The safest method is to play only offline, or legit carts. Though not everyone is here for that :P

Gateway is a the only cart that can be used to install cias though, which is why I recommend that one always.

There are ways to dump Roms without it, though I am not really knowledgeable in that regard, so I don't wanna spread misinformation. Look towards rxtools though.

Note that you can use cubic ninja for the gw exploit as well. That is what I am using and it is perfectly fine.

And BTW, sky only runs .3ds files. But converting a .3dz to .3ds is as simple as renaming it.
Hi!

I have a New 3DS XL (US), Cubic Ninja, Gateway with delinked SysNAND and EmuNAND -- I've backed up my cartridges and am looking to convert them to CIA's so they can be installed to the internal SD card. Can anyone help out here? I'd also like to transfer my saves if possible.
Transferring .3ds to .CIA is a little tricky. I suggest searching "convert 3ds to CIA" on google. Should bring you in contact with a good guide or two.

Reactions: Margen67

Bros.Life

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Basically, sky or nothing. No way to downgrade.

Yes headers work on any game.

CIA is an archive, that is extracted to the sys menu. They can technically check if it is in your nnid's purchase history, but it is definitely less suspect then using the same header as 300 other people. That said, neither is perfect. The safest method is to play only offline, or legit carts. Though not everyone is here for that :P

Gateway is a the only cart that can be used to install cias though, which is why I recommend that one always.

There are ways to dump Roms without it, though I am not really knowledgeable in that regard, so I don't wanna spread misinformation. Look towards rxtools though.

Note that you can use cubic ninja for the gw exploit as well. That is what I am using and it is perfectly fine.

And BTW, sky only runs .3ds files. But converting a .3dz to .3ds is as simple as renaming it.

Transferring .3ds to .CIA is a little tricky. I suggest searching "convert 3ds to CIA" on google. Should bring you in contact with a good guide or two.

Thanks for the information.

I'm thinking about to buy the original Smash Bros game and from it I get its header to use in my roms. Can this work? In addition, what program do I use to make this instead of the Gateway?

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna feel real stupid if this was answered here already and I just couldn't find it...

Is it possible at all to install a cia file to sysnand (NOT emunand)? If so what are the risks of doing so?

I have something in mind I want to try, but it relies heavily on their being a way to install a cia file to my sysnand and being able to access it (after install) without gateway or any other exploit.

g9672001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna feel real stupid if this was answered here already and I just couldn't find it...

Is it possible at all to install a cia file to sysnand (NOT emunand)? If so what are the risks of doing so?

I have something in mind I want to try, but it relies heavily on their being a way to install a cia file to my sysnand and being able to access it (after install) without gateway or any other exploit.
You can but, if the cia file you are installing is bad then it can brick your?3ds

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can but, if the cia file you are installing is bad then it can brick your?3ds

Would it help to know what I am looking to do?

That said, it sounds like the only real risk is the same same as with emunand, just a lot harder to recover from.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
okay, so I screwed up a little and accidentally let my sysnand to connect to the internet and voila "system update available" showed up in the notification area

i remember reading that someone can accidentally proceed to actually updating their system after this, but how? my emunand is connected to the internet all the time, and after having the same notification, i don't see any nagging screen or whatever so i can accidentally update the system
and better safe than sorry, is there any way for me to restore my NAND backup without hardware mod? or is this not necessary?

Einzbern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older Acekard 2i that I used as my first flash cart. I eventually upgraded to a DSTwo since I seem to remember an update making the Acekard useless.

Is it possible to make the Acekard 2i work on the newer (N)3DS firmwares? Or am I better off just throwing it away?

I also have a (I assume knockoff) R4 for the original DS. I assume this is also useless on the (N)3ds?

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be made to work, if you already have DS/3DS homebrew. But without having homebrew enabled, as far as I know you can't.

Einzbern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be made to work, if you already have DS/3DS homebrew. But without having homebrew enabled, as far as I know you can't.
Don't think I quite understand. As in I'd need a gateway/sky3ds to make it work? Or? All I'd want it to do is play DS games.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know the details, but you can use homebrew applications on a DS flashcard (action replay and possibly just using the flashcard software) to use other flashcards that aren't supported by the system menu. And you can use a piece of 3DS homebrew that was posted on gbatemp to do the same thing.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VERY NOOB QUESTION: I have a 7.1.0-0E firmware; I have a just-bought gateway; when I try to access the brwoser the 3ds told me it will works only after an update... how can I use the gateway exploit that way ? The browser is unusable... any hint ?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VERY NOOB QUESTION: I have a 7.1.0-0E firmware; I have a just-bought gateway; when I try to access the brwoser the 3ds told me it will works only after an update... how can I use the gateway exploit that way ? The browser is unusable... any hint ?

Your console was updated by cartridge to 7.1 from 1.x, so you don't have a browser at all.

As far as I know, you have no options at this time for using gateway with that console.

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!! So it's not true that ANY from 4.5 to 9.2 can be exploited... someone should write this somewhere... just waisted some bucks in the gateway... any way to fake a 9.2 FULL update ?

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!! So it's not true that ANY from 4.5 to 9.2 can be exploited... someone should write this somewhere... just waisted some bucks in the gateway... any way to fake a 9.2 FULL update ?

Your console is fully exploitable, but nobody has done the work to enable it.

On March 17:

NOTE: Support for launching the Gateway menu through Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the Classic 3DS is not implemented yet.
If we get enough interested users we will consider implementing it for the Classic 3DS too.

You might consider writing to them to ask them to support CN/OOT on the classic 3DS (you would then need to use either of them once to downgrade). Don't expect anything to happen quickly though.

Aside from gateway... CN could be used to install the browser update, but again nobody has done the work required to do that.

Best option for using gateway now is to sell your console and buy a different one. Generally any new (as in unopened) classic 3DS will be exploitable from the browser.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

It must be a clean CIA. You can't simply install cias on your home menu and sell the gw cart. There is not much clean cia's out there anyways.

If you install a fakesigned one, it won't be possible to launch from sysNAND.
Can gateway run 3ds homebrew?
Yep

okay, so I screwed up a little and accidentally let my sysnand to connect to the internet and voila "system update available" showed up in the notification area

i remember reading that someone can accidentally proceed to actually updating their system after this, but how? my emunand is connected to the internet all the time, and after having the same notification, i don't see any nagging screen or whatever so i can accidentally update the system
and better safe than sorry, is there any way for me to restore my NAND backup without hardware mod? or is this not necessary?

As far as I know, either you gotta format, or load a backup. There is no other way to my knowledge.
I have an older Acekard 2i that I used as my first flash cart. I eventually upgraded to a DSTwo since I seem to remember an update making the Acekard useless.

Is it possible to make the Acekard 2i work on the newer (N)3DS firmwares? Or am I better off just throwing it away?

I also have a (I assume knockoff) R4 for the original DS. I assume this is also useless on the (N)3ds?
You need to install timewarp flash cart CIA to use that cart.
Don't think I quite understand. As in I'd need a gateway/sky3ds to make it work? Or? All I'd want it to do is play DS games.
Honestly, just buy one of the r4i gold rts 3ds carts. Simple, easy, and straight forward.
No browser == no hack :(

You would need to find a way to update without updating to 9.3 or higher. I am not sure how exactly to do that, but do look around. Maybe there is a solution.

Maybe email gw about OoT support for old3ds. That would solve your problem.

Reactions: Margen67 and Aroth

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Your console is fully exploitable, but nobody has done the work to enable it.

On March 17:

You might consider writing to them to ask them to support CN/OOT on the classic 3DS (you would then need to use either of them once to downgrade). Don't expect anything to happen quickly though.

Aside from gateway... CN could be used to install the browser update, but again nobody has done the work required to do that.

Best option for using gateway now is to sell your console and buy a different one. Generally any new (as in unopened) classic 3DS will be exploitable from the browser.
I was under the impression that cubic ninja doesn't run on browser less consoles? N3ds 8.1 consoles don't support it

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: the game actually was censored the art style was changed