thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've got a 3DS XL (old) and a N3DS XL both on 9.2
I've got a gateway card (red and blue) and a save dongle for the OOT hack as well as the game.

What should I do now? I have prepared the materials, but I don't know what I should do next.
Do I need to downgrade? Will the gateway card just work plug-and-play on both consoles already?
I really don't know. Please inform me of my options.

Thank you all.
Go to gateway website and read the manual several times until you really understand it. I can't tell you what to do next because I am not sure what you mean by prepared all the materials.

No need to downgrade the old 3ds unless you have a specific reason to do so. The very first task is to backup and safely store the nands of both systems. N

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Go to gateway website and read the manual several times until you really understand it. I can't tell you what to do next because I am not sure what you mean by prepared all the materials.

No need to downgrade the old 3ds unless you have a specific reason to do so. The very first task is to backup and safely store the nands of both systems. N

Alright cool I downloaded the manual and will check it out.
By preparing the materials I just meant getting all the physical stuff needed.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

politelyowned

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Done a fair amount of research, but still awash in all this information about flashcarts.

My direct question. Which flashcart(s!) will do all of this?
  1. I want to play 4 things, especially, and in this order. Majora's Mask 3d. A Link Between Worlds. Kingdom Hearts. Ocarina of Time 3d.
  2. I would love to play the various "Virtual console" zelda games
  3. I would also love to play ds games. (this is a far second)
  4. I have a 3ds 9.6.0-24
  5. I have an r4 card for the original ds (if that matters, though I think it's irrelevant).
I'm more than willing to go do my own reading, if you can point me in the right direction of research.
Thanks!

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Done a fair amount of research, but still awash in all this information about flashcarts.

My direct question. Which flashcart(s!) will do all of this?
  1. I want to play 4 things, especially, and in this order. Majora's Mask 3d. A Link Between Worlds. Kingdom Hearts. Ocarina of Time 3d.
  2. I would love to play the various "Virtual console" zelda games
  3. I would also love to play ds games. (this is a far second)
  4. I have a 3ds 9.6.0-24
  5. I have an r4 card for the original ds (if that matters, though I think it's irrelevant).
I'm more than willing to go do my own reading, if you can point me in the right direction of research.
Thanks!
Sky is your only option for 3DS games, the r4 you have should work for DS games. VC will be limited to eshop availability.

9.6 is a no go for gateway.

The Cadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, probably an old question, but is there any way to use a Powersave module to duplicate a 3DS save file? Or to edit what's on it beyond just unlocking?

More specifically, I'm looking for a way to not just unlock all custom moves on Smash Bros 3DS (a huge help in its own right), but to copy the saved sets, so that you don't have to spend 4+ hours (yes it actually takes this long, and it is infuriating) entering in the 500+ EVO custom sets. A code that automates the setup of these or just a way to copy save data from one 3DS to another would really help a lot.

Or any other tool that can do this?

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me if its OK to use the same microsd card in the gateway card, between an old 3ds and the new 3ds? (Without losing data and such)
The emunand is stored on the internal SD card correct?

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you are unlinking emunand and sysnand, I know you can system format the sysnand and remove the SD Card so you don't lose any information.

Can I system format emunand and it still unlink it from sysnand? I want to keep my 3DS as original as possible, meaning keeping the original nand/ID number/whatever.

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me if its OK to use the same microsd card in the gateway card, between an old 3ds and the new 3ds? (Without losing data and such)
The emunand is stored on the internal SD card correct?
Yep you're right, emunand is stored on the internal sd and using the gateway card in multiple units is fine.

polki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When you are unlinking the emunand and sysnand, I know you can system format the sysnand and remove the SD Card so you don't lose any information.

Can I system format emunand and it still unlink it from sysnand? I want to keep my 3DS as original as possible, meaning keeping the original nand/ID number/whatever.
No, formatting emunand via gateway automatically loads a patched version of your sysnand to the sd. You can however make a sysnand backup, format emunand, take card out, format system then restore your sysnand backup.
Not fast and easy but you'll get the results you want.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do thank you for the advice! ^^ AFter doing some more reading though, I heard less problems from people formatting the sysnand, do I think I'll just do that.

But that leads to another question: Some retail games like Super Smash Brothers need an update to even load the newest save file.
When I format sysnand it will remove the current updates, along with everything else on my card. Is there a way to get the update on my formatted sysnand that is on 9.2? If I go into emunand and download the update, I still can't play it on 9.2 since they are unlinked.

So is there a way to transfer items over from unlinked emunand to unlinked sysnand, such as updates? (I do not own gateway, I am using rxtools.)
Also, would it be as easy as just copying folders over?

muhammedshelleh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is also part of why I opted for the cia route. I get to see all my games on the home screen, and they are super convenient. I can also rearrange them to any order I please.

Is there a way to, you know, make the SKY3ds games appear on the home screen instead of scrolling through every 25 games to get to a certain game?

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to ask a stupid question here instead of starting a new thread.. A very newbie-ish question, but better safe than sorry I suppose..

I am about to order a japanese smash-brothers-edition New-3DS LL, which supposedly has 8.1.0 firmware on it.. I already have gateway card, and have japanese zelda-OoT game and japanese cubic ninja game.. Only thing lacking is actual N3DS its self (and the stupid power-cord which for some unknown reason is sold seperately)..

My newbie question is this: Do special editions of 3DSs always have the same firmware?.. I'm not sure how long nintendo makes any particular special edition.. Do they just release a special edition for one day really fast and then completely stop making it?.. Or is there any chance that (for example) a smash-brothers-edition bought at a later date would have a later firmware?..

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody knows a tool to arrange game files in the microSD card (to put in GW)?
it seems that there are lots of file sorting tools such as DriveSort or YAFS, but unfortunately they do not support exFAT
Remove them all from the cart, and put them on your mSD in the order you want them to be :)
and guess what? out of my desperation not finding the tool to do that, i ended up made one myself :grog:

it's not currently complete yet, as in it can read the current file order from the sd card, arrange files as i want (sort or manually), but still cannot write directly to sd card
it currently dumps the binary data to a file and needs to copied manually using 3rd party disk editor tool. performance also sluggish. but at least it does what i want

pnM5YlB.png

Reactions: 2Hack

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I have another question
I updated my linked emuNAND to 9.6.0-24 and boot using rxTools, but when I tried to access eShop, it returns error 022-2634. Trying to log in to NNID using Settings also returns the same error
Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf