• Replies 53,784
  • Likes 43

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just annoyed I have to run ocarina so I can go to the exploit and then insert gatewait to go to classic mode and then run smash if classic mode is succesfull on loading and I don't want to try the cia on sysnand method because I don't want it to brick my system

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just annoyed I have to run ocarina so I can go to the exploit and then insert gatewait to go to classic mode and then run smash if classic mode is succesfull on loading and I don't want to try the cia on sysnand method because I don't want it to brick my system
I see. That's one of the downsides to using carts on a flashcard system designed primarily to run roms. I hope to be cart free in the next couple of weeks.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How risky is it to install .cias on sysnand? I keep hearing it's really really risky, but I wanted to install pokemon shuffle on to sysnand so I can use the browser exploit on it so I don't have to wait forever for lives etc. I haven't done it yet and I probably won't I'm just curious.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
How risky is it to install .cias on sysnand? I keep hearing it's really really risky, but I wanted to install pokemon shuffle on to sysnand so I can use the browser exploit on it so I don't have to wait forever for lives etc. I haven't done it yet and I probably won't I'm just curious.

What you will want to do is install through the eShop.
Put in a dummy SD card if you already have emuNAND unlinked,
then load the launcher,
then create emuNAND but do not unlink.
Open eShop and download poke shuffle
shut down
copy contents of dummy SD to actual SD, allow it to merge folders.
open 3DS with actual SD inserted
play the game.

This should work. If it doesn't let me know :)

There is no risk with this. So do not worry.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you will want to do is install through the eShop.
Put in a dummy SD card if you already have emuNAND unlinked,
then load the launcher,
then create emuNAND but do not unlink.
Open eShop and download poke shuffle
shut down
copy contents of dummy SD to actual SD, allow it to merge folders.
open 3DS with actual SD inserted
play the game.

This should work. If it doesn't let me know :)

There is no risk with this. So do not worry.

That's GENIUS! I didn't even think about that, I'll give it a shot when I have access to my old 3ds running 4.5, I assume I'll have to use RXTools to run emunand 9.6?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's GENIUS! I didn't even think about that, I'll give it a shot when I have access to my old 3ds running 4.5, I assume I'll have to use RXTools to run emunand 9.6?
I haven't explored rxTools unfortunately.

This will only work on your og3ds until GW update I guess. I keep forgetting the GW update hasn't happened yet :(

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I move from O3DS 9.2 sysnand to 4.5, and then into 9.6 emunand; will I be able to play on all the saves from retail games and downloaded games that I have now? What if I unlink the emunand?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
If I move from O3DS 9.2 sysnand to 4.5, and then into 9.6 emunand; will I be able to play on all the saves from retail games and downloaded games that I have now? What if I unlink the emunand?
I suggest creating emuNAND ahead of time, as there is no 9.6 emuNAND support atm.

You will be able to play them in emuNAND, but not sysNAND.

STUNT1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got a gateway card and instaled emunand for no particular reason, just for scene compatibility in the future.
A couple of days later I find out about NTR 2.1 and I love it for being able to take screenshots in pokemon, finally.

I was going to return the gateway card (which would cost me around a 15% of it's price) but I'd like to have it if/when emunand 9.6 is released so I was wondering, is it posible to have both things on the same system?

Not simultaneously but I mean, if I had 2 cubic ninja and micro SD cards could I chose everytime I power up the system?

I'd be using NTR most of the time since I mainly use that system for hunting shinies on pokemon (I don't need online for that) hence I would probably just prepare cubic ninja (instead of getting another one) for gateway on the few exceptions where I would need emunand.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a gateway card and instaled emunand for no particular reason, just for scene compatibility in the future.
A couple of days later I find out about NTR 2.1 and I love it for being able to take screenshots in pokemon, finally.

I was going to return the gateway card (which would cost me around a 15% of it's price) but I'd like to have it if/when emunand 9.6 is released so I was wondering, is it posible to have both things on the same system?

Not simultaneously but I mean, if I had 2 cubic ninja and micro SD cards could I chose everytime I power up the system?

I'd be using NTR most of the time since I mainly use that system for hunting shinies on pokemon (I don't need online for that) hence I would probably just prepare cubic ninja (instead of getting another one) for gateway on the few exceptions where I would need emunand.
You have the right idea. I have the NTR CFW 2.1. .bin file in the root of my mSD it is only launched if I put the correct copy of CN in and run the exploit. No need for a second mSD card as NTR 2.1 does not run an emuand. You can get by with one copy of CN if you want and just clear out the save and load the exploit up.

Just so you know the gateway card does everything it is designed to do even without 9.6. The only thing you can't do is access eshop and that content can be procured elsewhere so there is no need to mothball it.

Rasel

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Help..I'm using 3ds xl cfw hack version 4.2 .whenever i try to play Zelda ALBW it freezes after 5 or 10 seconds.how can i fix this??
Snapshot_20150403.JPG

STUNT1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have the right idea. I have the NTR CFW 2.1. .bin file in the root of my mSD it is only launched if I put the correct copy of CN in and run the exploit. No need for a second mSD card as NTR 2.1 does not run an emuand. You can get by with one copy of CN if you want and just clear out the save and load the exploit up.

Just so you know the gateway card does everything it is designed to do even without 9.6. The only thing you can't do is access eshop and that content can be procured elsewhere so there is no need to mothball it.

Thank you thorasgar. If I don't have to switch the micro SD card then I'm definetly keeping it :D will install emunand back today.

And the problem without emunand 9.6 is that I can't download the patches from the eshop and I know I can instal those in cia format but it seems like they only work on gateway mode with backups, wouldn't work in classic mode with my retail copy hence right now NTR is better for my purpose (because of screenshots and being free)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you thorasgar. If I don't have to switch the micro SD card then I'm definetly keeping it :D will install emunand back today.

And the problem without emunand 9.6 is that I can't download the patches from the eshop and I know I can instal those in cia format but it seems like they only work on gateway mode with backups, wouldn't work in classic mode with my retail copy hence right now NTR is better for my purpose (because of screenshots and being free)
Do you already have the updates installed in sysnand?

Rasel

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is the game fw spoofed? Cfw is incredibly buggy.
not only this game,i tried to play zelda oot.it runs smoothly but when i press the home button it freezes.I can play it somehow but can't play Zelda ALBW.it freezes when i try to leave the area but music keeps running.Here is the video link ().View attachment 17759

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I feel like you wanted to make it something else but didn't want sickly slapping you