• Views 4,522,672
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think thats how it works.... im only installing cia's and keeping some roms, but they are full games... no dlc so someone should chime in.

On a separate note, When im in emunand, i have to unwrap the games each time i get in... is there a way to undo that? I have been reading about formatting and etc, but i havent tried yet

Remove your SD/microsd card and do a format on sysnand. This will cause sysnand to use a different folder than emunand, so that you don't have those issues.

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In anticipation of my Gateway arriving, I've been reading up on how to avoid as many mistakes as possible. It seems that the general consensus is to stay away from sysNAND as much as possible once you start doing stuff with Gateway. Now, is there some kind of way (eg. as in a visual hint) that you can check at a glance whether you're currently in sysNAND or emuNAND on the 3DS? Or which "actions" can throw you back from emuNAND to sysNAND once you've launched the GW menu?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In anticipation of my Gateway arriving, I've been reading up on how to avoid as many mistakes as possible. It seems that the general consensus is to stay away from sysNAND as much as possible once you start doing stuff with Gateway. Now, is there some kind of way (eg. as in a visual hint) that you can check at a glance whether you're currently in sysNAND or emuNAND on the 3DS? Or which "actions" can throw you back from emuNAND to sysNAND once you've launched the GW menu?

I make my sysnand icons 3 in a row, where my emunand is 4 icons in a row.... usually the 4th row empty but i know when it changes icon size, im kicked out of emunand.

Also, the only thing i know so far is when you are in your emunand and you go to your settings, once you get out of settings, you are in sysnand

Reactions: Jornax

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I make my sysnand icons 3 in a row, where my emunand is 4 icons in a row.... usually the 4th row empty but i know when it changes icon size, im kicked out of emunand.

Also, the only thing i know so far is when you are in your emunand and you go to your settings, once you get out of settings, you are in sysnand

Ah nice, I hadn't thought about that, the different rows scheme is a good tip :D

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just jumping into this thread because I don't want to make a new one. I bought a second hand 3ds with firmware 1.0.0.0 last year and I've made a decision to get this thing hacked and running games. I also own a 3DS XL and have built up an actual collection of 3DS games over 2 years so my thinking is that it would be nice to have all my games on one system instead of carrying the carts with me. I'm leaning towards a Gateway but I heard that you can install the games to run from the home screen with CIA files and also have Eshop VC games as well. Is it really as simple as that or is there more to it?

If so, I feel like I could just cut my loss and sell the 3DS to someone else and put the money towards a NEW 3DS XL.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just jumping into this thread because I don't want to make a new one. I bought a second hand 3ds with firmware 1.0.0.0 last year and I've made a decision to get this thing hacked and running games. I also own a 3DS XL and have built up an actual collection of 3DS games over 2 years so my thinking is that it would be nice to have all my games on one system instead of carrying the carts with me. I'm leaning towards a Gateway but I heard that you can install the games to run from the home screen with CIA files and also have Eshop VC games as well. Is it really as simple as that or is there more to it?

If so, I feel like I could just cut my loss and sell the 3DS to someone else and put the money towards a NEW 3DS XL.
Gateway allows this to the best degree. Your other option to install CIA files is the leaked CFW that is free, But doesn't play games on fw higher than 7.0. So basically, go for gateway, as it is the strongest and simplest solution.
I've been out of the loop for a couple months, what is this OOT exploit that's been popping up around the place?
It is an entry point that allows the second stage exploit to be launched, then the third stage. Basically, kernal access.

This is only currently used by Gateway 3DS, who are a flash cart company, to basically run their exploit and eventually, flash cart.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gateway allows this to the best degree. Your other option to install CIA files is the leaked CFW that is free, But doesn't play games on fw higher than 7.0. So basically, go for gateway, as it is the strongest and simplest solution.

It is an entry point that allows the second stage exploit to be launched, then the third stage. Basically, kernal access.

This is only currently used by Gateway 3DS, who are a flash cart company, to basically run their exploit and eventually, flash cart.

Is there any way for someone without a 3ds flashcard to make use of the exploit?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way for someone without a 3ds flashcard to make use of the exploit?
Yea; you can build your own CFW if you really want, or look into KARL3DS and other cfw projects.

Basically, if you just want to run games without paying, either go for gateway, sky3ds, or the leaked cfw that is limited to only older games and updates.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, what is the difference between BigBlueMenu and regular DevMenu? BBM is supposedly an "improved" version, but I can't find any other information but that.

sensei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I remove icons from the home menu with gateway? Apparently, I can use BigBlueMenu to do that.

Is there some sort of CIA for the home menu to boot into gateway mode? (don't own a gateway yet but it looks tiring clicking settings, profile, etc. to boot into it)

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just curious, what is the difference between BigBlueMenu and regular DevMenu? BBM is supposedly an "improved" version, but I can't find any other information but that.
BBM is nicer looking, and I think has more features, but in the end, both are bare bones CIA managers. Only one I would look to for improvement is big red menu, which is actually the only legal one to use, as the other ones are both leaked software.

How do I remove icons from the home menu with gateway? Apparently, I can use BigBlueMenu to do that.

Is there some sort of CIA for the home menu to boot into gateway mode? (don't own a gateway yet but it looks tiring clicking settings, profile, etc. to boot into it)

Yea, either BBM, or go into settings in emuNAND. Better to use BBM.

No there is no better way. You only need to boot into it once every power on. You can leave your 3ds in sleep mode in emuNAND.

sensei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, either BBM, or go into settings in emuNAND. Better to use BBM.

No there is no better way. You only need to boot into it once every power on. You can leave your 3ds in sleep mode in emuNAND.

Bummer. I feel like it would be straightforward to call the gateway boot function from the home menu. Maybe because installing CIA to sysnand is not recommended and relatively new?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bummer. I feel like it would be straightforward to call the gateway boot function from the home menu. Maybe because installing CIA to sysnand is not recommended and relatively new?
No, is because you can't run unsigned cias via the home menus. The DS profile exploit is by far, the easiest any most connivent methods. Once you get it, you'll realize it's not so bad :)

magicbro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Is there a way to access the microSD behing the backplate of the N3DS without allways unscrewing it. :huh: I want tu put some cias on it but dont want to go allways through that tedious process

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1