• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More just a case that I did it *at least* 6 months ago and remembering what I did 6 hours ago is usually a stretch.
Hard to say without knowing what your versions are. I suspect you have emunand if you have multi rom menus working. Go to system settings after running your exploit and see if GW is in front of version number. MM only needs 7.1 to run iirc.

XP_version1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hard to say without knowing what your versions are. I suspect you have emunand if you have multi rom menus working. Go to system settings after running your exploit and see if GW is in front of version number. MM only needs 7.1 to run iirc.

Just says Ver. 4.4.0-10E. Guessing this means I do need to setup emunand then?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to tell? Im new to all of this sorry

if the place you got them from said they're CFW compatible then they are.

If it didn't even mentioned CFW then it most likely isn't.

Just says Ver. 4.4.0-10E. Guessing this means I do need to setup emunand then?

Yeah, you'll have to use the option in GW Menu to Format Emunand. Keep in mind that it deletes the SD contents when doing it so make a backup first.
And since you've been "out" for so long, checking the guides for a quick refresher wouldn't be bad either ;)

l9indy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, very newbie questions:

I'am about to buy a Nintendo console, "New Nintendo 3ds". I read about this all hacking stuff and I think it's too complicated for me and still dont get some things.

1. Is it (or it will be) possible to play on downloaded roms on this New 3ds console?
2. Am i getting right? r4i carts let to play DS games and if I want to play 3ds games i have to have an Gateway, eg. Sky3ds?
3. Lets say, I have sky3ds gateway. Will it work on any software i have on my console?
4. Can i play online on downloaded roms?
5. Is it buying gateway ( costs about 100$ ) the only way to play newest 3ds roms?
6. And one more thing. To use gateway i have to change my firmware to custom, or something like that.

Once i had PSP and i understood almost evrything about hacking it but nintendo is more complicated
Thanks for respond.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, very newbie questions:

I'am about to buy a Nintendo console, "New Nintendo 3ds". I read about this all hacking stuff and I think it's too complicated for me and still dont get some things.

1. Is it (or it will be) possible to play on downloaded roms on this New 3ds console?
2. Am i getting right? r4i carts let to play DS games and if I want to play 3ds games i have to have an Gateway, eg. Sky3ds?
3. Lets say, I have sky3ds gateway. Will it work on any software i have on my console?
4. Can i play online on downloaded roms?
5. Is it buying gateway ( costs about 100$ ) the only way to play newest 3ds roms?
6. And one more thing. To use gateway i have to change my firmware to custom, or something like that.

Once i had PSP and i understood almost evrything about hacking it but nintendo is more complicated
Thanks for respond.
1. Should be if GW releases support.
2. Yes
3. They are two different cards. What software on your console are you refering to? Eshop games? Yes for gateway. Sky plays roms.
4. Yes. But a bit dangerous at the moment until we know more.
5. No sky will play them as well.
6. No you do not need custom firmware. The firmware needs to be 9.2 or below for gateway, anything for sky.

l9indy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So you are saying that buying SKY3DS is the best choice?

So lets say, i bought n3ds. It have 9.2 fw.
Now im getting sky3ds, copying games to cart and playing without any stress?

5. I wanted to ask can i play .3ds roms without Gateway or Sky3d? By using custom firmware or some thing like that.

What about that "GW relseses support"? Support to what?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you are saying that buying SKY3DS is the best choice?

So lets say, i bought n3ds. It have 9.2 fw.
Now im getting sky3ds, copying games to cart and playing without any stress?

5. I wanted to ask can i play .3ds roms without Gateway or Sky3d? By using custom firmware or some thing like that.

What about that "GW relseses support"? Support to what?
I am not saying sky is the best choice. It is the only choice at the moment if you don't want to wait for Soon™ I will wait and see. Who knows I might have to eventually buy sky.

I do not follow sky closely, but users have problems with it as well. If playing online is your thing, it will not be stress free.

I think it is possible to play without a cart using CFW. definitely not stress free, buggy incomplete solution and I won't touch it.

Support means releases an update to their software so the hardware will work on the N3DS. It currently does not.

Tystuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm lost. Sorry I'm super new and I don't understand much of this so I'll ask some embarassingly nooby questions
I have a 3ds on ver. 7.1.0-14U
1. 0 to 100% what are the chances I can hack my 3ds and get a majoras mask rom in the near future after it's released?
2. Do I need a flashcart to only play custom roms (I'm an simple end user and cant deal with buggy shit)
3. I assume SKY is cheaper than Gateway, why? What's the difference between these two besides firmware support?
4. Is hacking a one time process? of will I have to continually do this?
5. What are the chances of a brick following the process to make my 3DS able to play roms?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I'm lost. Sorry I'm super new and I don't understand much of this so I'll ask some embarassingly nooby questions
I have a 3ds on ver. 7.1.0-14U
1. 0 to 100% what are the chances I can hack my 3ds and get a majoras mask rom in the near future after it's released?
2. Do I need a flashcart to only play custom roms (I'm an simple end user and cant deal with buggy shit)
3. I assume SKY is cheaper than Gateway, why? What's the difference between these two besides firmware support?
4. Is hacking a one time process? of will I have to continually do this?
5. What are the chances of a brick following the process to make my 3DS able to play roms?

1. 100%. It's already out and your version is perfectly hackable.
2. Yes. The current CFW can't play recent games.
3. No, it's not, it's more expensive. They're two different flashcarts with different functionalities.
Sky3DS emulates a real cartridge and plays roms like that. So it can't play eShop games for example.
Gateway uses software exploits in order to have full access to the console and so it can play any game and have more features (such as Region free, etc).
4. The process is usually the same. The most you might have to do is update the game template (in the case of Sky3DS) or update the launcher file (in the case of GW).
5. As long as you do everything properly: 0,0.....1% chance.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

you just posted 7mins ago. No need to repost the same thing again. It won't make people reply any faster.

As for the reason, I have no idea. Have you tried to power down the 3DS and trying again afterwards?

Tystuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. 100%. It's already out and your version is perfectly hackable.
2. Yes. The current CFW can't play recent games.
3. No, it's not, it's more expensive. They're two different flashcarts with different functionalities.
Sky3DS emulates a real cartridge and plays roms like that. So it can't play eShop games for example.
Gateway uses software exploits in order to have full access to the console and so it can play any game and have more features (such as Region free, etc).
4. The process is usually the same. The most you might have to do is update the game template (in the case of Sky3DS) or update the launcher file (in the case of GW).
5. As long as you do everything properly: 0,0.....1% chance.

Thank you based god.

Now please don't yell at me, but it seems like there are a lot of "guides" on how to hack your 3DS. All of this information I can't seem to trust for some reason, probably cause I don't understand it.

Pretend like I'm 5 and set me up with what I need to hack (only for reasons previously stated) and maybe a link to a video or something on how to do it?
Please

Also, Can I update my system once I hack, because I want the new 9.x

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you based god.

Now please don't yell at me, but it seems like there are a lot of "guides" on how to hack your 3DS. All of this information I can't seem to trust for some reason, probably cause I don't understand it.

Pretend like I'm 5 and set me up with what I need to hack (only for reasons previously stated) and maybe a link to a video or something on how to do it?
Please

CFW:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/4-x-only-cia-cfw-complete-guide.373532 (Cheaper option but much more limited)

Flashcarts:
http://www.gateway-3ds.com (You have a guide in the website and in my signature you have a link to the support forum)
http://www.sky3ds.com (I don't have it so can't help much here)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock