• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a question: If I use the MT-Card launcher to create a 9.4 emuNAND, will it still launch from the Gateway launcher? I've downgraded my 3DS to 4.2, and I don't have a Gateway just yet, but I want to use my console normally until I pick one up.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With this new way of accessing gateway through web browser does it mean I can't use gateway unless I'm connected to the internet? What if I have no internet connection?

maravig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to transfer all the files on my 16 or 32gb microsd card to a new 64gb microsd card? What is the largest SD card I can use in the main system?

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cab anyone clarify what happens in this scenario

Japanese 3DS
Gateway
US game

What happens if that game has the autolanguage select and has Japanese as a language option?

Can anyone test this on some games if you own a Japanese 3DS?

If the game displays in Japanese this would piss off a lot of people who imported a Japanese N3DS, but plan to play EU/US games. It would be weird if the game indeed forces Japanese language on US games in Japanese consoles since US games aren't supposed to even play on Japanese consoles, GW makes that a possibility.

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

i've by accident updated my emunand to 9.4. I have made backups of emunands 7 and 8 with the emunand tool. However, i don't know how to set back (downgrade) my emunand. Can someone tell me which steps i have to take?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With this new way of accessing gateway through web browser does it mean I can't use gateway unless I'm connected to the internet? What if I have no internet connection?
You only need the web browser exploit if you're on a firmware that doesn't have the DS profile exploit. If your system is still on 4.5 or older, you don't need it.

_CW_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, quick question, cause I heard this somewhere and I became curious - is it possible now to play .3ds roms with older DS flashcards?
And if not, is it possible to downgrade 3DS from 4.5 to 4.3 or lower? I've got an Acekard 2i flashcard and it's blocked from 4.4 ownwards.

Edit: my 3ds is XL version, EUR region

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

i've by accident updated my emunand to 9.4. I have made backups of emunands 7 and 8 with the emunand tool. However, i don't know how to set back (downgrade) my emunand. Can someone tell me which steps i have to take?
What is wrong with emunand 9.4? It works just fine. Is there something you can do with 9.2 that you can't do with 9.4?

Unless you have a backup of emunand 9.2 you can cannot make one.

Hi, quick question, cause I heard this somewhere and I became curious - is it possible now to play .3ds roms with older DS flashcards?
And if not, is it possible to downgrade 3DS from 4.5 to 4.3 or lower? I've got an Acekard 2i flashcard and it's blocked from 4.4 ownwards.

Edit: my 3ds is XL version, EUR region
No you cannot play 3ds roms with an older DS flashcart, only DS games. If that's what you want to do get a r4 for cheap.

You can use the gateway without an Internet connection, you just can't run the exploit without access to a new server.

MASAMASA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just got my Gateway that I use with one of my 3DS and I was wondering if someone could answer a question about saves.

I would like to transfer my whole original save of FF Curtain Call (which is on my 9.4 " legit" 3DS) to use it with my Gateway (while on emuNAND). I found the game's DLC as a .cia file, but I would like to be able to use my original save with them.

Is there a way to find the right files on my 3DS Sd card and to convert them as a .save file to use in emunand?

I am still reading a lot of stuff about various topics concerning what's possible to do with the Gateway, but most of the things I found about saves were concerning Pokemon. I don't know if the problem is the same with FF Curtain Call, so if anyone could help me, that'd be nice!

Thanks.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Is using a Pokemon Alpha Sapphire 1.2 Update .cia on SysNAND equally unsafe as using a .cia for, let's say, BigBlueMenu on SysNAND, or is Update Data perfectly safe (as long as it's a verified working dump) on SysNAND? All guides that I've seen involving .cia files talk about games, not Update Data. Can someone elaborate?

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering What would be the best flash card to get. I googled around but got an unclear answer. I have a Nintendo 3ds XL on v6.20-12u and head from Max Console site from one thread 8.2 will work to play 3ds games but haven't heard any thing else. I heard sk3ds works on all version , but it seems limited to what it can do feature wise. Heard gate way works on 9.0-9.2, but I don't know any way of updating to that version without going over. I prefer to use gate way if possible , but so far doesn't seem likeI can. Any help or advice on this If I am out of luck then there is nothing I can do, but thanks for the help. :)

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I got another regular 3DS that fortunately works with my SKY3DS card (for some reason my other 3DS wouldn't work with it). The 3DS I just got a hold of is on 9.2 too which is a nice bonus. If I do a factory restore to get rid of all of the previous owner's data, will it update to the newest firmware (9.4)? And all I'm planning on doing is using the SKY3DS for some 3DS roms, is it worth downgrading the console to 4.5 or should I just leave it alone?

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any custom .dg file that allows me to downgrade to 4.3 (EU) instead of 4.5 using the gateway downgrader?
My friend's got a card that only works on 4.3, and I want to be able to run the ds profile exploit.
Alternatively, is there any way to have the R4i-SDHC V2.0 happybox (r4isdhc.com) working on 4.5?

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi.
I have 4.5 sysnand and 9.2 emunand.
I'm using gateway and I want upgrade my big SD. But I have a question -> If I will install games via .cia to emunand, is there any way to convert/inject/transfer/whatever my saves to installed .cia games?
I mean this saves:

If no, than there is no point for upgrading card I think...

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a question boys. :)

Fantasy Life and Final Fantasy Curtain Call both create extra data on the SD. They're .CIAs btw.

Suppose I want to remove them and reinstall them later on. How do I backup their saves successfully? I use SaveDataFiler for all other games and my guess is they'll all work all right. But with this extra data on SD nonsense, I'm not so sure anymore. What gives?

Thanks.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have a Gateway, the online-enabled version of Bravely Default is 4gigs and won't fit on my microSD because it's FAT32, how can I get it to fit on?

Sorry for my double post.

You either split the game with Gateway's ROM splitter or you format the card to exFAT. Or you could always trim it too. I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!