• Likes 43

IvanMXDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello

I need to copy a lot of .3ds files from harddrive to microsd.

What tool is best to avoid data corruption/fragmentation?

Thank you

IvanMXDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I'm new to the whole 3DS scene so please bear with my ignorance. :)

My whole goal is to use a flashcard to play DS games on my 3DS. From all the research I was able to obtain, I thought that would be doable on a 3DS version 9.2. So I bought a R4i Gold from r4ids.cn, and the retailer whether honestly or not advertised it being able to work in DS mode on the latest firmware. Now after getting it, I cannot run it on the 3DS, only on the DS Lite, even after patching the card. My question is, have I been fooled, or is there truly a way to get this card to run on the latest firmware?

Did you download and put the necessary files into the microsd?

MicroSD root should have the "_DS_MENU.dat" file and "__rpg folder"

Google the download page R4igold V 4.5 2013-11-30

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to order a gateway from yeahgeek, are they trustworthy?
or should i order from another store?

i've ordered from yeahgeek [personally they were the cheapest and eachmall sounded terrible] but there is a currency conversion charge depending on your bank/credit card, and they've said that the holidays are their slowest time so it might take longer than it took me [1.5 weeks].

you can read more about various resellers here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/cheapest-gateway-3ds.365414/

Newah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download and put the necessary files into the microsd?

MicroSD root should have the "_DS_MENU.dat" file and "__rpg folder"

Google the download page R4igold V 4.5 2013-11-30

Well I didn't exactly download that firmware, I downloaded Wood R4 from r4ids.cn, but I just tried the link you gave me, and that didn't work either. Thing is, it works on my DS Lite so clearly it's a functional card, it just doesn't seem to work on 3DS's.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello

I need to copy a lot of .3ds files from harddrive to microsd.

What tool is best to avoid data corruption/fragmentation?

Thank you
If you format the SD card right before copying, you can use the standard windows copy function and you won't get any fragmentation.
Otherwise you can try TeraCopy.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I'm new to the whole 3DS scene so please bear with my ignorance. :)

My whole goal is to use a flashcard to play DS games on my 3DS. From all the research I was able to obtain, I thought that would be doable on a 3DS version 9.2. So I bought a R4i Gold from r4ids.cn, and the retailer whether honestly or not advertised it being able to work in DS mode on the latest firmware. Now after getting it, I cannot run it on the 3DS, only on the DS Lite, even after patching the card. My question is, have I been fooled, or is there truly a way to get this card to run on the latest firmware?
You've been had, I'm afraid.
With the latest wood r4 firmware you can go up to version 6.2.
Get a dstwo if you want to use ds roms with the latest 3ds version

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well I didn't exactly download that firmware, I downloaded Wood R4 from r4ids.cn, but I just tried the link you gave me, and that didn't work either. Thing is, it works on my DS Lite so clearly it's a functional card, it just doesn't seem to work on 3DS's.

What happens when you insert it into the 3DS? Does it display the icon at least?

WoodR4 is just a kernel. It's used to launch the games and has no effect regarding 3DS compatibility.
You should try visiting the website written on the cart label and download the firmware update.
Run it on your DS lite to update the firmware and then try it on your 3DS.

Reactions: Margen67

SunTea07

K-POP / Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im having problems when trading in pokemon as in gateway 3ds it always disconnects when someone accepts the trade even at wondertrade it disconnects is it just my connection or the rom that i downloaded?

HairHuntTroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to install SSSpwn using a Gateway and a backup of CN? I'm on 6.3x and will be buying a 9.2 Gateway when it releases, but I heard it won't have HB support like sky3ds. If a backup of CN works then I'll have the best f both worlds. I just want to not have to use my phone to run emus anymore.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to install SSSpwn using a Gateway and a backup of CN? I'm on 6.3x and will be buying a 9.2 Gateway when it releases, but I heard it won't have HB support like sky3ds. If a backup of CN works then I'll have the best f both worlds. I just want to not have to use my phone to run emus anymore.
Well, it works on 4.5.
Who knows if it'll work on 9.2 though

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you can install a .cia of CN through Gateway and the Devmenu via BBB and run it that way in Gateway classic, but I've no grounds of that assumption. Perhaps somebody can enlighten us?

yup, i've done this for two different consoles, works fine. : ) i used the us version .cia but it should work with the eu as well.

*edit: but to reply to the earlier post, who knows if gateway on sysnand 9.2 will allow homebrew? it's unknown how much functionality it will have vs. 4.5

Collibot

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i wanted to know how the region free cart loading works (with gateway).
I got a ntsc 3ds xl and ton games but ill be upgrading to pal vesion pretty soon, I still wanted to play my old games!
Any help appreciated thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto