• Likes 43

xiaolin20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Quick noob question.

Can you only dump roms (for the purpose of extracting header and playing online) with GW 2.2 or can we just use 2.6? Was looking at a thread and one of the instructions said to either use 2.1 or 2.2 to dump. Just wanna make sure there's nothing wrong with using 2.6 to dump.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it still save to update firmware through eshop? iam using a 3ds xl
Depends on whether you're on 4.1-4.5 and is trying to update emunand

If you are on 4.1-4.5 and is trying to update emunand:
DO NOT update with eshop. ALWAYS update through System Settings.

If you are not on 4.1-4.5:
Yeah, updating with eshop's fine.

Quick noob question.

Can you only dump roms (for the purpose of extracting header and playing online) with GW 2.2 or can we just use 2.6? Was looking at a thread and one of the instructions said to either use 2.1 or 2.2 to dump. Just wanna make sure there's nothing wrong with using 2.6 to dump.
2.2 and up is fine. So go ahead and dump using 2.6

Reactions: xiaolin20

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: xiaolin20

YoungStarDC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!

I've got a question regarding my current 3DS and a new one I am gonna get. Since I'm very impatient, I'm selling my current 3DS XL, which is running the latest firmware (9.2.0-20 if I'm correct) for a 3DS XL which is running 4.4. On my current 3DS, I have various things I would like to have on the old one, like a original download of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and the Nintendo Ambassador GBA games. My question is, is it save for me to move all the data from my current 3DS to the one running 4.4, without updating or anything of the sorts? And if so, how do I do it? I am purely getting the other 3DS for Gateway.

Thanks for reading!

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there!

I've got a question regarding my current 3DS and a new one I am gonna get. Since I'm very impatient, I'm selling my current 3DS XL, which is running the latest firmware (9.2.0-20 if I'm correct) for a 3DS XL which is running 4.4. On my current 3DS, I have various things I would like to have on the old one, like a original download of Animal Crossing: New Leaf and the Nintendo Ambassador GBA games. My question is, is it save for me to move all the data from my current 3DS to the one running 4.4, without updating or anything of the sorts? And if so, how do I do it? I am purely getting the other 3DS for Gateway.

Thanks for reading!
Here's a guide
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-system-data-from-original-3ds-to-gateway-3ds.371282

Reactions: YoungStarDC

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there!

Thanks for reading!
Do note that with this, the Ambassador GBA games will not work. And you need to have both consoles with you to do the transfer, so you can't sell the 9.2 3DS before buying the 4.5 3DS.

Also, Gateway has announced support for 9.0-9.2, meaning your current 3DS will work with Gateway soon. That said, nobody really knows what functionality you'll be able to get with Gateway on a 9.2 3DS, so it might be wise to wait a little bit until we know a bit more.

Reactions: YoungStarDC

jumphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am soon getting my New 3DS from Australia in, which will be my first 3DS at all.

After updating from 9.0 to 9.2, I want to stay on that version. What exactly do I have to do to prevent it from updating?

Thank you.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am soon getting my New 3DS from Australia in, which will be my first 3DS at all.

After updating from 9.0 to 9.2, I want to stay on that version. What exactly do I have to do to prevent it from updating?

Thank you.
Take care with the internet connection, never put the console in sleep mode with wireless turned on because it will download updates (you'll see the blue spotpass light turn on).

Here's a noob question: Is 4.5.0-10U firmware still exploitable with gateway or CFW?
Yes.

Reactions: jumphil

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this CFW and installing cia files safe to use?
Just thinking about tinkering around a bit. But if there's high brick risk I think I'll stay away. Thanks in advance

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is this CFW and installing cia files safe to use?
Just thinking about tinkering around a bit. But if there's high brick risk I think I'll stay away. Thanks in advance
There's no risk at all if you follow the instructions.

But I warn you, you'll need some patience with it. sometimes it can be very stubborn

YoungStarDC

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do note that with this, the Ambassador GBA games will not work. And you need to have both consoles with you to do the transfer, so you can't sell the 9.2 3DS before buying the 4.5 3DS.

Also, Gateway has announced support for 9.0-9.2, meaning your current 3DS will work with Gateway soon. That said, nobody really knows what functionality you'll be able to get with Gateway on a 9.2 3DS, so it might be wise to wait a little bit until we know a bit more.

Thanks for the extra info! I know it might be a better idea to wait, but once again, I am very impatient with this stuff...unfortunately. Anyhow, I feel like I can't go wrong. I'm getting an as new 3DS XL with Gateway for 170 bucks, which I feel is a good deal. I'm sure to keep in mind the Ambassador Games will be lost though. Once again thank you so much for the info!

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to backup my 3DS XL's NAND using Ninjhax? Basically I'm trying to "clone" my XL onto my OG 3DS. Like somehow do the equivalent of the System Transfer only without losing everything on my XL. Backup the XL's NAND using Ninjhax and install it onto the OG using Ninjhax, this possible?

Speeko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got two 3DS'.

An XL on 9.2
An XL on 4.5 w/ gateway emunand

I'd like to perform a system transfer to get everything from the 9.2-3DS onto the 4.5-3DS, so I can give my 9.2-3DS to my brother.

Is this possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.