• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Nurio do u know if its possible to use gateways blue card with regular r4 wood fw?, i cant seem to get my blue card working as a regular dsi flash cart for playing ds games/brew on my regular 3ds xl on ver 9.2using gateways fw

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Sadly, the Gateway blue card only works up to something like firmware 6.2.

do you know if any flash carts work on recent fw? ive seen a video of sky3ds is it even real and simple to use? i've only just figured out gateway after 2-3 days of questions and reading

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*sighs* thanks. I appreciate it. I guess I will have to spend the money on the skyds
For now that does seem like your only option. However, do read up on it before you make a purchase. Not that much is known about the flashcard yet, and what is known has scared off some users. Reviews should start coming in someday which might help you make a decision.

do you know if any flash carts work on recent fw? ive seen a video of sky3ds is it even real and simple to use? i've only just figured out gateway after 2-3 days of questions and reading
The Sky3DS is not a DS Mode flashcard. It is also expensive and has other limitations. And we don't know that much about it yet, so I can't tell you much about its ease of use.
If you want the best DS Mode flashcard out there, it's almost unanimously the DSTWO. It has full compatibility and works up to the latest firmware with a strong promise to keep working on future firmwares as well. And it has some extra features as well.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i've already ordered two of those for my ds games, i was just wondering why my 3ds xl wouldnt load the blue card.

bu tseeing the sky3ds video and seeing people talk about it, saying that is working with all current fw, i think i might get one for my xl if only for just playing games offline

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol ya I just tried. doesnt work.
AND
It wont work for me with original copy either, since my IR port is blocked with the capture board on both my 3DS.
hmmm i always though the capture boards where located elsewhere......if you fitted it yourself you might be able to move the IR sensor by desoldering it and fixing it elsewhere(the actual sensor not the whole IR board).....would depend on your soldering abilities though, but from what i read fitting the capture board is tricky so that would be pretty easy in comparison

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hmmm i always though the capture boards where located elsewhere......if you fitted it yourself you might be able to move the IR sensor by desoldering it and fixing it elsewhere(the actual sensor not the whole IR board).....would depend on your soldering abilities though, but from what i read fitting the capture board is tricky so that would be pretty easy in comparison

My bad. Retail version will work :D
its only the circle pad pro that has size issues with the capture board.

The portal doesnt need to be attached to the 3DS so its all good. That said... do I wanna get that game, not sure. It requires you to buy different figures to complete the game right?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the loop on 3DS keys lately, but I assume the new keyX release cannot allow people to decrypt savegames because of the fact that savegames use a separate key (different for every console) called keyY, as well as additional security through the AES core, correct? If so, can someone explain it to me? Or better yet, link me to a thread with current info on what is required to decrypt savegames (more info than just the "Repeating CTR Fail" method, I already am aware of that.)?

P.S. (somewhat off topic, if Mods think this is unnecessary, message me, and I'll remove it): I don't like searching the site all the time when there are threads like this on the forum. Having a thread like this also feels kind of pointless, though. If a person is too lazy to use a search feature, what makes anyone think they aren't too lazy to look at stickied threads so that they can find this thread? More often than not, they'll just post their questions in a new thread, sometimes in the wrong section. In my opinion, someone should just put a banner up (in huge letters) on the home page telling users to use the Search feature before creating a new thread with a question. This should reduce the number of unnecessarily asked questions significantly. Those are my two cents.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've been out of the loop on 3DS keys lately, but I assume the new keyX release cannot allow people to decrypt savegames because of the fact that savegames use a separate key (different for every console) called keyY, as well as additional security through the AES core, correct? If so, can someone explain it to me? Or better yet, link me to a thread with current info on what is required to decrypt savegames (more info than just the "Repeating CTR Fail" method, I already am aware of that.)?

P.S. (somewhat off topic, if Mods think this is unnecessary, message me, and I'll remove it): I don't like searching the site all the time when there are threads like this on the forum. Having a thread like this also feels kind of pointless, though. If a person is too lazy to use a search feature, what makes anyone think they aren't too lazy to look at stickied threads so that they can find this thread? More often than not, they'll just post their questions in a new thread, sometimes in the wrong section. In my opinion, someone should just put a banner up (in huge letters) on the home page telling users to use the Search feature before creating a new thread with a question. This should reduce the number of unnecessarily asked questions significantly. Those are my two cents.
there is no way to really decrypt saves, pokemon X & Y can with a tool (i dont remember the name)but its only to decrypt you cant edit them, if your intention is to edit saves there is certainly no way to do that

the only way of decrypting saves and editing then is currently using cyber gadget save editor but that only works on Japanese games....basically there isnt much progress in that department

DullOxide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I am having some issues with online play. I am trying to play Smash Bros EUR and Animal Crossing New Leaf EUR online but cant seem to get them to connect. I am using a Gateway on 2.5 firmware and have updated to newest Emunand. I have also followed the header injection threads instructions but still am at a loss. So just a few questions to start. I think the only thing stopping me from getting Smash going is the newest 1.0.3 update but I cant update because I have the US store not EUR store? Is there a way I can get this update without connecting to the EUR store since it is stored on the SD? Also just to confirm a EUR game requires a EUR header and cannot use a header from a US dump?

Thanks for the help.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Okay I am having some issues with online play. I am trying to play Smash Bros EUR and Animal Crossing New Leaf EUR online but cant seem to get them to connect. I am using a Gateway on 2.5 firmware and have updated to newest Emunand. I have also followed the header injection threads instructions but still am at a loss. So just a few questions to start. I think the only thing stopping me from getting Smash going is the newest 1.0.3 update but I cant update because I have the US store not EUR store? Is there a way I can get this update without connecting to the EUR store since it is stored on the SD? Also just to confirm a EUR game requires a EUR header and cannot use a header from a US dump?

Thanks for the help.

ive been using my eu y header on a us x rom online, ive even had a few battles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9