• Views 4,448,142
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That's just confusing. How, and why? You're saying you've had an emuNAND and have been playing backups of VC or eShop games without a Gateway?
no he is using classic mode to play retail carts that normally require 4.x+
some people do so to play games region free too if they dont want to buy a gateway card

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
no he is using classic mode to play retail carts that normally require 4.x+
some people do so to play games region free too if they dont want to buy a gateway card

Oh, I see. I never knew about that. So is that the difference between classic and emuNAND modes?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh, I see. I never knew about that. So is that the difference between classic and emuNAND modes?
gateway mode = roms on the red card
classic mode = retails carts....but allows you to stay on 4.x and still play games that normally require a update

both options can be used with or without emunand......emunand is to let you update and use the latest FW update without updating your sysnand

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
gateway mode = roms on the red card
classic mode = retails carts....but allows you to stay on 4.x and still play games that normally require a update

both options can be used with or without emunand......emunand is to let you update and use the latest FW update without updating your sysnand

Gotcha. Awesome. Can't wait to get my GW. Is there somewhere you can download game saves?

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah, system update. But I want to download it and not install. If I click "system update", 3DS will download AND install the update. I have some problems with that. Only need is not to install the update.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, system update. But I want to download it and not install. If I click "system update", 3DS will download AND install the update. I have some problems with that. Only need is not to install the update.

I don't think that's possible. If you were to shut off the system before the install it could brick the system. And what would you do with it, anyway?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Only way I know of to do this would be to enable internet connectivity (setting up and switching on WLAN) and let the 3DS turned on in standby (by closing the lid). Then it should background download a update to the currently active NAND.

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Only way I know of to do this would be to enable internet connectivity (setting up and switching on WLAN) and let the 3DS turned on in standby (by closing the lid). Then it should background download a update to the currently active NAND.

Oh, yeah, you're right, I've gotten prompts to install an update when opening the 3DS from standby after a while.

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thank you very much for everything! I am complete noob, that's true. Successful update to 8.1.0-19E. Now, please tell me, what I should NOT do in emuNAND mode. For ex., updates of something. Thanks!

GuyInDogSuit

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for everything! I am complete noob, that's true. Successful update to 8.1.0-19E. Now, please tell me, what I should NOT do in emuNAND mode. For ex., updates of something. Thanks!

From what I've read.... don't update your emuNAND until GW team has updated the launcher file to support it. And don't go into System > Data Management. That apparently wipes all your stuff and you'll have to redownload it.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now, please tell me, what I should NOT do in emuNAND mode. For ex., updates of something. Thanks!
From what I've read.... don't update your emuNAND until GW team has updated the launcher file to support it. And don't go into System > Data Management. That apparently wipes all your stuff and you'll have to redownload it.

Small correction: Wipage only occurs for stuff not downloaded on the currently running NAND. As emu is initially a copy of sys, entering Data Management on emu is ok. Entering it on sys will delete stuff downloaded while on emu.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

Mylink5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece

Gateway released the update a couple of days ago..

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what is the process to update from 2.2 omega to 2.3b?
just swapping the launcher dat,update from gateway menu and updating the emunand?

Biby

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I was wondering : has anyone ever succeeded in finding an exploit that acts as an entry point and allows to run code, other than the DS profile ones (triggered by flashcarts for ROP loaders) ? Rephrased, is there a know way of running launchers which is purely software-based ?
3dbrew only mentions a few failed attempts at crashes via QR codes or web browser.
Thank you in advance !

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I was wondering : has anyone ever succeeded in finding an exploit that acts as an entry point and allows to run code, other than the DS profile ones (triggered by flashcarts for ROP loaders) ? Rephrased, is there a know way of running launchers which is purely software-based ?
3dbrew only mentions a few failed attempts at crashes via QR codes or web browser.
Thank you in advance !
Smea found an entry point with a savegame exploit on all the latest firmwares he also found another exploit called ssspwn that allows unsigned code to be run "no one knows how deep ssspwn goes since it's still a secret exploit" but it's speculated to not have kernel access. all this is unreleased tho maybe soon when the new 3ds comes out

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
what is the process to update from 2.2 omega to 2.3b?
just swapping the launcher dat,update from gateway menu and updating the emunand?

Swap the launcher.dat and update the emuNAND. There is no need to flash anything to the cart itself like in the update from 2.1 to 2.2. So, don't be alarmed if you don't notice anything new when launching Gateway after putting in the new launcher.dat

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
So what is the difference between using GW mode with updated emunand and "Classic mode"?
What does classic mode do exactly that regular mode doesn't?

I didn't see a response to this already, but--

Gateway mode is what allows you to run games through the Gateway itself. Classic mode allows you to run retail games through the Gateway's emuNAND. This is useful for two reasons.

1) Some retail games require higher than 4.5. Since your sysNAND should never go beyond that, this allows you to play retail games that need that via emuNAND.
2) Since the emuNAND and sysNAND don't actually share info like games played and hours, etc--this allows you to merge your retail game info with your Gateway info on the emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1